Your first card memories

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spring of 1972 was when I bought my first pack, I was 8 years old and had no idea how that purchase would change my life..........Kept those few cards with me everywhere I went........One day I left them in the sand box in our back yard and they spent the night out there.........The next day, after a fine dew, they doubled in size.........Later I took better care of them, but to this day I still have those cards........Vince Colbert of the Indians was the first that I pulled; it was weird because it looked like he had a piece of crap in his glove.........I was a huge Reds fan back then, growing up in Springfield, OH, about a hour and a half from Cincinnati, and was determined to get every Reds player I could..........The odd thing that bothered me that summer was as I was buying more cards, not a lot, wasn't totally "with funds", I kept getting the same ones over and over again..........Little did I know!

Did not start with this hobby until after 1990! Lived in the country where the nearest town over hour away.....nearest farm were a few miles away....Normally only when into town for new clothes one or two a year......Best regards, David