Ohtani v. Judge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOL, we will replay this comment at the end of April. Though I think his ERA will be better than the other two.

I don't know....theirs will be 0.00, since they won't throw a pitch. He just doesn't look very comfortable right now, which isn't overly shocking. Different culture, different level of play - how many Japanese stars have TRULY made an impact early in their transition - Hideki Matsui? Ichiro? Yu Darvish?

Not a bad first start for Ohtani...gets the win with 6 solid innings. Looked like his stuff was decent. And Judge is struggling a bit to start the year, all of NYC has to be in a panic!

Cody Bellinger hit the first Dodger home run yesterday! Good pitching always beats good hitting....first two games to the Giants. Best regards, David

Ohtani gets his first HR of the year...ahead of Judge. Judge still on pace to hit ZERO HR's this year. And Stanton hasn't made contact with a ball since his opening day 2 jacks......

Just hoping Ohtani does not get hot! His bowman 2018 is coming out on 21 days and retail in 28 days. Already have two retail boxes.....will decide on the number of hobby boxes based on the cost at my hobby store....Best regards, David

Just hoping Ohtani does not get hot! His bowman 2018 is coming out on 21 days and retail in 28 days. Already have two retail boxes.....will decide on the number of hobby boxes based on the cost at my hobby store....Best regards, David

Completely with you - if Ohtani gets too hot, box prices will be tough to justify. May have to lock in Series II a lot earlier than I want to.....

Especially since he went yard again yesterday..against Kluber!!! Of course the new murderers row in the Bronx had a nice day as well - Stanton/Sanchez/Judge all homered...

Every day I check topps.com to see if any Royals make the Living Set, Thursday Throwback, Topps Now or On Demand exclusive sets.
Other than the $50 Road to Opening Day set I bought, there hasn't been any KC cards all year.

However, it seems like there's a new Ohtani card every single day. I did buy the 2018 Topps Now Spring Training #ST4 Shohei Ohtani/11,384 for the heck of it, but now it seems like they are creating a glut of product.
I wonder if Ohtani's rookie cards from the regular sets will really mean anything if they make a different "Rookie" card for the on-line stuff every friggin' day?

UPDATE: my 2018 Topps Now Spring Training #ST4 Shohei Ohtani was booking for $20, but has now dropped down to $12

UPDATE 2: YAY! Alex Gordon is included in this week's Living Set

Last edited:
Every day I check topps.com to see if any Royals make the Living Set, Thursday Throwback, Topps Now or On Demand exclusive sets.
Other than the $50 Road to Opening Day set I bought, there hasn't been any KC cards all year.

However, it seems like there's a new Ohtani card every single day. I did buy the 2018 Topps Now Spring Training #ST4 Shohei Ohtani/11,384 for the heck of it, but now it seems like they are creating a glut of product.
I wonder if Ohtani's rookie cards from the regular sets will really mean anything if they make a different "Rookie" card for the on-line stuff every friggin' day?

UPDATE: my 2018 Topps Now Spring Training #ST4 Shohei Ohtani was booking for $20, but has now dropped down to $12

UPDATE 2: YAY! Alex Gordon is included in this week's Living Set

The Topps Now stuff, they are just printing $$$, and catering to a very select group of collectors. I think the RC's in the base product releases will end up being the ones that people truly go after. And is anyone else starting to the think that the Angels told Ohtani to sandbag all the way through spring training????? Take all the pressure for success off of him and than BAM! With the Spice Weasel!!

How many talking heads were saying he should start out in Triple-A????

Another bomb for Judge last night (youngest ever to hit 60 HR's).....this season is already fun. You know, except for the daily snow outs.....

But at least we're in first place! Playing in PR vs the Cleveland Indians....Best regards, David

Looking at the standings - there are a half dozen teams or so that have more wins than the Twins have games played..... At least it was warm in Puerto Rico!!!

Ohtani left last nights game with a blister and a little bit higher ERA after the Sawx roughed him up a bit. Judge's ERA is still 0.00!

Looking at the standings - there are a half dozen teams or so that have more wins than the Twins have games played..... At least it was warm in Puerto Rico!!!

Ohtani left last nights game with a blister and a little bit higher ERA after the Sawx roughed him up a bit. Judge's ERA is still 0.00!

Getting moody again! Better take a chill pill. Twins had 5 game cancelled....and to be replayed later in the season. Best regards, David PS Most of the field players ERA is 0.00 : )

Another bomb for Judge last night (youngest ever to hit 60 HR's).....this season is already fun. You know, except for the daily snow outs.....

You have to mean 60 home runs in the least amount of games or at bats. Lots of players had 60 home runs by the age of 25. Griffey Jr. had 60 home runs at the age of 21 and I don't think he was the youngest t accomplish that feat as I think Arod and Mel Ott may have done that at a younger age.

You have to mean 60 home runs in the least amount of games or at bats. Lots of players had 60 home runs by the age of 25. Griffey Jr. had 60 home runs at the age of 21 and I don't think he was the youngest t accomplish that feat as I think Arod and Mel Ott may have done that at a younger age.

You are correct, I misspoke. It was fewest games to get to 60 HR's for Judge. And of course, every time he hits one now....it is "quickest to 61"..."quickest to 62". Curious to see where that narrative falls off the cliff

There is an old guy that belongs on the list. Think he is 25 or 26.
They all have to look up to him. Mike Trout, just hit # 9 HR.

There is an old guy that belongs on the list. Think he is 25 or 26.
They all have to look up to him. Mike Trout, just hit # 9 HR.

Don't disagree with this...Trout will always be a part of the discussion. Was thinking more along the lines of 1st/2nd year players. I love where baseball is at right now, the number of young players to watch and collect is outstanding.

Thinking we better add Acuna and Albies from down in Atlanta to this conversation. They both look like the real deal, albeit very early on!

I know it is only May, but starting to lean towards Albies (NL) & Ohtani (AL) as your rookies of the year - definitely a nice little follow up to Bellinger/Judge from last year.