Ohtani v. Judge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
With Spring Training upon us and the news that there will be a Ohtani card in 2018 Heritage, got me to wondering a simple question...

Who will move the meter more - Judge or Ohtani????

Young power hitter playing in NYC. Or young power hitter/power pitcher playing in Anaheim, but with the eyes (and wallets) of an entire nation on him.

Personally, I think Ohtani cards are going to be the driving force in the later year releases. It is a shame that their rookie years didn't coincide, that would have been fun!

Last edited:
Their close....Shotani will be 24 yr in July and Judge was 25 last year. Judge is on the top for now ....but Shotani is on top with his fellow country men/women. Best regards, David PS Bellinger 39 hr vs. Judge 52 hr

The way spring training has been going for both of them, not sure either are ready to be the next big thing this year!

It WILL be interesting to watch.
Judge has a great lineup around him, so they will not be able to pitch around him.
After Trout, Ohtani's protection is a bit more suspect. Pujols, Kinsler, Simmons, Valbuena and Calhoun need to step up.

Boots

It WILL be interesting to watch.
Judge has a great lineup around him, so they will not be able to pitch around him.
After Trout, Ohtani's protection is a bit more suspect. Pujols, Kinsler, Simmons, Valbuena and Calhoun need to step up.

Boots

After watching Ohtani pitch, wondering if they might not be better served to just have him hit. Just another storyline for the upcoming season!

I've heard rumors that Ohtani may start the year in the minor leagues or extended spring training.

I think Judge stays on top unless Ohtani proves he's a worthwhile investment.

I've heard rumors that Ohtani may start the year in the minor leagues or extended spring training.

I think Judge stays on top unless Ohtani proves he's a worthwhile investment.

I can't disagree with this statement at all - but my guess is that regardless of where Ohtani starts the season, his cards will be selling like crazy.

Ohtani is a bust. He might be a a good, NOT great pitcher. I just do not see any production from his batting. Invest in Hoskins and Acuna instead.

Ohtani is a bust. He might be a a good, NOT great pitcher. I just do not see any production from his batting. Invest in Hoskins and Acuna instead.

As a Phillies fan, nice to see Hoskins name appear! Not sure his cards will go the way of Judge or Ohtani though. Even if he isn't a HOF'r, Ohtani will have people snatching up his cards like crazy.

I think you can see a downward turn on Ohtani cards already, and the season has not even started. Hoskins and Acuna have both looked quite well this spring.

I'm betting on Cody Bellinger......Wow...Thunder...... from the Pineapple Express hitting CA........so far about an inch of rain.....but a lot more in the mountains!! Best regards, David

I think you can see a downward turn on Ohtani cards already, and the season has not even started. Hoskins and Acuna have both looked quite well this spring.

I don't see the Asian market bottoming out too quickly on him, regardless of how the first year or two go.

I'm betting on Cody Bellinger......Wow...Thunder...... from the Pineapple Express hitting CA........so far about an inch of rain.....but a lot more in the mountains!! Best regards, David

Bellinger is another name to toss in there..... Lots of good young talent right now, let's hope they keep it up for years to come.

I don't see the Asian market bottoming out too quickly on him, regardless of how the first year or two go.

Bellinger is another name to toss in there..... Lots of good young talent right now, let's hope they keep it up for years to come.

It could be a VERY fun season: Judge, Ohtani, Bellinger, Acuna, Devers, Hoskins, Hays and more! Let's hope so!

Boots

Spring training so far....Aaron Judge .278 avg 3 home runs........Cody Bellinger .270 avg 4 home runs. Should be interesting season! Best regards, David

It could be a VERY fun season: Judge, Ohtani, Bellinger, Acuna, Devers, Hoskins, Hays and more! Let's hope so!

Boots

And getting closer to first pitch every day! This is about as excited I have been for the start of baseball season in quite a few years.

Ohtani gets his first hit of the year before Trout and Judge get theirs.....His era has begun!!!!! No hot take overreaction here!

LOL, we will replay this comment at the end of April. Though I think his ERA will be better than the other two.