Ohtani v. Judge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohtani is leading the way right now - not sure if Judge has a hit in May...let alone a HR!!!

lopped off all te metrics junk that means nothing to me and left the actual quantfiable stats here....

G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB
April/March
28 27 128 101 24 32 6 0 7 18 2 1 25 39 .317 .453 .584 1.037 59
May
16 16 74 62 9 14 4 0 4 17 0 0 12 21 .226 .351 .484 .835 30

so a dip in average yes , but based on projecting out the rest of the month , looks like he'll still top his numbers for doubles , homers , rbis , etc (though they still may look a bit less palatable due to the yankees being one of two teams that went almost a week without completing a game...

lopped off all te metrics junk that means nothing to me and left the actual quantfiable stats here....

G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB
April/March
28 27 128 101 24 32 6 0 7 18 2 1 25 39 .317 .453 .584 1.037 59
May
16 16 74 62 9 14 4 0 4 17 0 0 12 21 .226 .351 .484 .835 30

so a dip in average yes , but based on projecting out the rest of the month , looks like he'll still top his numbers for doubles , homers , rbis , etc (though they still may look a bit less palatable due to the yankees being one of two teams that went almost a week without completing a game...

My sarcasm didn't come across very well. I was just trying the old Jedi mind trick to get Judge going again for the one fantasy team I have him on.

could be adding the name gleyber Torres to the list of young players raking right now.

Ohtani will be hot for this year and perhaps next. After that, I don't see much action on his cards. Pitchers rarely are good long term buys in the hobby. As for his hitting ability, he has shown that he can hit major league pitching, but I don't see him having any monster years. Factor in that he plays for the Angels and I don't see his cards doing much.

Ohtani will be hot for this year and perhaps next. After that, I don't see much action on his cards. Pitchers rarely are good long term buys in the hobby. As for his hitting ability, he has shown that he can hit major league pitching, but I don't see him having any monster years. Factor in that he plays for the Angels and I don't see his cards doing much.

I still feel like having the Asian market clamoring for his cards will keep his pricing higher than average for longer than necessary, barring a huge drop off or injury.

Looking forward to seeing if I get lucky with anything decent in Series II next week in terms of Ohtani....

My son just got his first issue of SI for Kids - on the 9 card insert sheet, there is an Ohtani, among others.

And Ohtani now down with a Grade 2 UCL Sprain. Which I believe is a bit worse than the issues he had in the offseason. Maybe it is time to just swing the bat for a bit after he gets healthy again.

on the DL list and his superfractor is pulled the same week!! Best regards, David

They are talking Tommy John surgery and out 15 months.....Hope the guy who pulled the superfractor got the bounty before the injury report came out.

Guess that makes the argument moot - Judge > Ohtani in 2018.

3 weeks with no Judge.....chip fracture in the right wrist. Hopefully he is able to get back healthy by the time September rolls around.

Ohtani seems to be doing okay just hitting, no pitching.