Edward Vela cards?

Do you collect Edward Vela cards

• Yes! They're beautiful!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No! They aren't officially licensed or list in Beckett!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who the Hell is Edward Vela?

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I have most of the Garvey issues. I missed a couple though, based on the card numbering. Is the artist selling them directly or through someone via eBay? I was not sure.

I know each edition has typically been auctioned off by number, but I reached out to offer to buy (1) of each new one (kind of like Perez Steele did back in the day) and never got a reply.

The seller/store is selling Edward Vela art and we can make the assumption it is the artist, but it doesn't say that anywhere. The artist may have someone selling his art for him too. I have actually noticed packages from different locations from this same seller too. Only noticed because one came from Washington, but the seller was listed as Vegas in the listing.

They don't appear to be true pieces of original art, but rather altered photographs. That being said, at least he doesn't appear to be charging too much for them.

They don't appear to be true pieces of original art, but rather altered photographs. That being said, at least he doesn't appear to be charging too much for them.

The seller/store is selling Edward Vela art and we can make the assumption it is the artist, but it doesn't say that anywhere. The artist may have someone selling his art for him too. I have actually noticed packages from different locations from this same seller too. Only noticed because one came from Washington, but the seller was listed as Vegas in the listing.

as far as I can tell, the card images are based on actual art by Edward Vela which he used a photograph as a reference for his painted sketches. Each card is serial numbered and autographed on the back by Vela himself. He does sell the cards directly on his E-Bay store, but there are lots of other E-Bay sellers selling the cards on the aftermarket for way more than the $5.99 delivered per card that comes directly from Vela.

Again, I think these cards are friggin' sweet! Right now I have the following & definitely want more:
2018 Bubba Starling (03/50)
2018 Darrell Porter (07/50)
2018 #JS3 Jorge Soler (01/50)
2018 #23 George Brett (10/50)
2017 Whit Merrifield (05/50)
2017 #GS19 George Brett (18/50)
2015 Alcides Escobar (13/25)

they are all really sharp looking and on nice, thick-card stock. Even though they aren't officially licensed, they are nicer than most Panini or Topps products.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps