Need Help Identifying Vintage Stickers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JYNKEYS

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I picked these up at a flee market for .05 each. They look really old and are in terrific shape. There is no #'s on them so I don't know the year or anything. Any help would be appreciated. They don't look like any of the old cloth stickers on Ebay. There's a bunch of different teams

Dave

img465 by David Thiele, on Flickr

I am pretty certain they are early-mid 1970s Fleer Cloth stickers that were either sold in packs separately or as "inserts" in their oddball cartoon like drawing baseball card sets. like Famous Feats. Here is a picture of what I think you may have from EBAY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-1974-...351841?hash=item3b048bf621:g:eXkAAOSwhjRaoyNs

Fleer made these for baseball and basketball for certain and possibly football/ They seemed to have a logo as the major part of the card and a smaller team name at the bottom. Over the years these cloth patches seem to easily separate from their card board backing and you are left with a separate logo patch and a smaller team name patch like the 6 team names at the bottom of your picture.

I see that the EBAY ones do look slightly different then the ones you have but I'm betting that is what they are.

Are the ones you have the same size as a typical baseball card or are they larger? If they are larger, I am thinking they may have been an "insert" in one of the oversized Fleer baseball products of the 1970s.

Taking what he found and checking Beckett, they're listed as "1968-72 Fleer Cloth Stickers" and Beckett has them booking at a whopping $2 each. So if you can get the eBay prices for 'em --- go for it!