Bench website running hot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chief wahoo

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Ever since a couple of days ago, I noticed that The Bench site has been running hot on my laptop. Anyone else seeing the same thing? Other sites I have up, like Beckett, ESPN, Yahoo, etc. are not a problem. I'm running on Google Chrome.

I'm not certain that a website would have any effect on your laptop's overheating, but I'm not a techie. I also have no issues with Te Bench's loading times, either. I dunno.

It's really strange. The site loads fast. There's no lag when I jump from one post to another. But as soon as I load the Bench, the CPU seems to churn harder. I can definitely feel more heat coming from the side vent.

It's really strange. The site loads fast. There's no lag when I jump from one post to another. But as soon as I load the Bench, the CPU seems to churn harder. I can definitely feel more heat coming from the side vent.

The majority of the computer load during surfing the web would be the memory usage for the browser operation and the network interface. There is little reason that any site in general would cause a CPU load more than any other site. Not saying it isn't possible, but it is very unlikely.

I am one of the most computer illiterate people in the world but I think you may have a point. I use a desk top at home and it seems to be louder than usual. It sounds like the tower is running constantly. This is the only site I trade on. My daughter uses the computer sometimes but I am the one who uses it the most. I will have my wife run a check on it later this evening but my computer seems to be doing the same thing.

I get the following message from my Norton Security Suite every time I get in here:

"f_001497
is not safe and has been removed"

I use Google Chrome.

The majority of the computer load during surfing the web would be the memory usage for the browser operation and the network interface. There is little reason that any site in general would cause a CPU load more than any other site. Not saying it isn't possible, but it is very unlikely.

There is malware on this site. That is what is causing what he is experiencing. It is happening to me as well.

We discovered the cause and referenced fixes on the other thread by KCRoyals

I followed the instructions on the other thread. I downloaded and bought the spy ware stuff. It is not on my computer but is on this site. I logged on to different computers and this is the only site this stuff is on. Is there a way to remove it from the bench?

I followed the instructions on the other thread. I downloaded and bought the spy ware stuff. It is not on my computer but is on this site. I logged on to different computers and this is the only site this stuff is on. Is there a way to remove it from the bench?

You should contact Pete and see if he can change the ad settings or filters. I would disable JavaScript in your browser