No auto in 2017 Topps series I.....waiting over a 1 year for it from Topps!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
2018 topps series I has been out.....Hobby store send in the request last year and so far nothing from topps! They screwed on another redemption for 2011 Bowman Platinum.....Manny Machado/Christian Colon dual auto ruby.....numbered to 10 or 20. They finally send me without asking.....one base auto of Manny Machado and one base auto of Colon........Losted big time and won't let then get away again! Best regards, David

Last edited:
Not sure which of the two scenarios is worse - thinking losing out on the dual machado is. Maybe you will get lucky and the replacement for the 2017 AU will make up for it. When it arrives...eventually.

Not sure which of the two scenarios is worse - thinking losing out on the dual machado is. Maybe you will get lucky and the replacement for the 2017 AU will make up for it. When it arrives...eventually.

Waiting over a year for an auto card.....you mean to say that they don't have any on hand???? Screwing me on a $150 to $250 auto card on the first screw job.....with common autos??

I purchased two cases of series Jumbo 2018 and only received two autographs out of the 12 that I was supposed to get. Sending all required paperwork to Topps, hopefully they will send the 10 that I am missing.

I waited nine moths on a Bellinger chrome auto that finally came yesterday..........Topps screwed me out of a 2005 1955 Dual World Series auto of Yogi Berra and Duke Snider.........Sent me a Wade Boggs auto instead................These stories are like Stephen King novels...........

Redemption have always been Topp's biggest issue,.
as I look at it like trading a card you don't have,.and thats never a good thing,.
I bought one online,.a Yan Gomes auto,..doesn't seem like a big thing but I got a Tyler Skaggs RC auto instead,.
after that I was done with redemptions,.actions speak louder then words,.
"Sweet lady fingers indeed",..

Last edited:
I purchased two cases of series Jumbo 2018 and only received two autographs out of the 12 that I was supposed to get. Sending all required paperwork to Topps, hopefully they will send the 10 that I am missing.
Good luck! Best regards, David
I waited nine moths on a Bellinger chrome auto that finally came yesterday..........Topps screwed me out of a 2005 1955 Dual World Series auto of Yogi Berra and Duke Snider.........Sent me a Wade Boggs auto instead................These stories are like Stephen King novels...........
Amen! Best regards, David
as I look at it like trading a card you don't have,.and thats never a good thing,.
I bought one online,.a Yan Gomes auto,..doesn't seem like a big thing but I got a Tyler Skaggs RC auto instead,.
Same here...unfortune bowman, bowman chrome and bowman draft all have redemptions....Best regards, David

I think this is a great statement - if you can't fulfill it, don't put it in your packs.

With that said - I have never had an issue with Topps, either with Redemptions or with customer service. I have had problems with quality, etc. - but always got what I considered to be a reasonable response.

I feel for everyone that has issues, and feel like I am one of the lucky ones.....knock on wood!

Right....but this is not a redemption card.....this is from topps not having an auto in the jumbo box......one auto and two gu cards. Best regards, David

Topps got me about 3 years ago. I was supposed to get a 4 person cut auto card 1/1. After over a year the sent a Dwight Gooden auto. So much for the pull of a lifetime. Definetly a fox in the hen house.

Topps got me about 3 years ago. I was supposed to get a 4 person cut auto card 1/1. After over a year the sent a Dwight Gooden auto. So much for the pull of a lifetime. Definetly a fox in the hen house.

Wow, that's like a slap in the face.........Pathetic replacement, at best............

Wow, that's like a slap in the face.........Pathetic replacement, at best............

That's what happen to me on my first redemption ....pulled ruby dual auto of Manny Machado and chris colon......ruby were numbered to 15 to 20.....After three years....with no reply from topps....their mail me a regular Manny Machado auto and one auto of Chris Colon.....That ruby was about 200.00 to 400.00.....they screwed me good. Best regards, David

Yeah, that's a sad one too.........Topps has told me in the past that they don't look at BV, just an "appropriate replacement value".........False advertising is what it boils down too.........