WTTF RC Cola Cans -Baseball or Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

don money

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hello,

I'd like to trade for RC Cola cans with baseball or football players depicted on them. I think that these were from 1977 & 1978. Let me know (PM best) if you have any to trade. I don't have any doubles and will have to trade mostly cards back for them. Long shot, I know, but thought I would try!

Thanks!

Chris

I have some, condition is ok but not perfect. Lmk if u want to try and work something out. Pm me would be best.

Hi Woodman,

Condition doesn’t have to be perfect on RC cola cans. I would be interested in what you have and what you collect? Thanks!

Chris

Hi Tom

I am interested unfortunately I don’t have any Tom Brady cards. Is there anything else that you were interested in? Let me know. I hate to see you dig through The attic for no reason. LOL.

Thanks

Chris

Actually I found a list thats about 5 years old of some I still have
1977 Tony Perez Expos
1977 Gaylord Perry Rangers
1977 Hal McRae Royals
1977 Bill Singer Blue Jays
1977 Chris Chambliss Yankees
1977 Bill Campbell Red Sox

1978 Paul Splitorff
1978 Craig Nettles
1978 Willie McCovey
1978 Reggie Smith

Phil Wise Safety NY Jets

cans are dusty no dents, do you realize some were from Rochester NY and some Louisvile Kentucky
my email [email protected]

Hi Tom,

I’m interested...in one or all. I had no idea they came from two cities. What should I look for for you?

Chris

Hi Chris!

I have 2 or 3. I'll have to dig them out. Do you have any Roger Clemens cards? Thanks, Rich

Too bad we don't live closer together as I have an insane amount of those cans! My problem is getting to them and then figuring out what ones are dups and which are singles.

I do know the baseball cans came out in 1977 and 1978. One of the sets was numbered and the other one was not which is the easiest way to tell them apart as many of them are identical to the other year's issue when the players are the same.

The baseball cans were distributed nationally and the football ones were distributed regionally. I lived in NY and went to college in Michigan when these were put out and I'd find the same baseball ones in both states. With the football ones I'd find Lions, Browns, Packers and the like when in Michigan and the Eastern teams when in NY..

I don't know how the basketball cans were distributed though. I do know that the football and basketball cans are MUCH harder to find than the baseball ones. I don't know if they are worth more but they are rarer for sure.

I used to find these cans constantly on the side of the road "back in the day" as the distinctive blue color was easy to spot and back then everyone littered along the road (how times have changed!). My brothers and I used to make RC can runs back in the day with me driving and them acting as spotters! LOL

Last edited:
Hello. I have 59 cans, 15 of them HoFers (I think), all for trade. Please look at my website for needs. The only issue they have is the players name is written on the top in marker. Thanks!

513842.jpg

Too bad we don't live closer together as I have an insane amount of those cans! My problem is getting to them and then figuring out what ones are dups and which are singles.

I do know the baseball cans came out in 1977 and 1978. One of the sets was numbered and the other one was not which is the easiest way to tell them apart as many of them are identical to the other year's issue when the players are the same.

The baseball cans were distributed nationally and the football ones were distributed regionally. I lived in NY and went to college in Michigan when these were put out and I'd find the same baseball ones in both states. With the football ones I'd find Lions, Browns, Packers and the like when in Michigan and the Eastern teams when in NY..

I don't know how the basketball cans were distributed though. I do know that the football and basketball cans are MUCH harder to find than the baseball ones. I don't know if they are worth more but they are rarer for sure.

I used to find these cans constantly on the side of the road "back in the day" as the distinctive blue color was easy to spot and back then everyone littered along the road (how times have changed!). My brothers and I used to make RC can runs back in the day with me driving and them acting as spotters! LOL

Thanks for the info as always!! Maybe we can hook up on a deal in the future after you determine which are dups?
I hope all is well on your end.

Chris

Hello. I have 59 cans, 15 of them HoFers (I think), all for trade. Please look at my website for needs. The only issue they have is the players name is written on the top in marker. Thanks!

513842.jpg

davidsb,

Very impressive! Marker names on the top don't bother me a bit. I have some potential of hitting some of your Hostess and Kelloggs lists, but want to check on condition requirements first. Please let me know?

Thanks

Chris

Chiming in, if I may. Mike Schmidt has a can in both the 77 and 78 series. If anybody has one, I'd be interested.

Mid grade is fine. I would like to stay away from badly cracked Kellogg's but some cracks are ok.

davidsb,

Very impressive! Marker names on the top don't bother me a bit. I have some potential of hitting some of your Hostess and Kelloggs lists, but want to check on condition requirements first. Please let me know?

Thanks

Chris

David,

I sent a PM with some cards I have. Let me know? Thanks

Chris