WTTF 1984 Donruss Don Mattingly #248

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beachbum

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Tell me what it would take for you to trade a 1984 Donruss Don Mattingly. I will try my best to make a fantastic trade.

My best guess is the card got a lot more publicity after it was named #2 in Beckett "Top 80 cards of the 80's" in their Jan 2019 issue. Card #1 happened to be in the 1989 UD set.

My best guess is the card got a lot more publicity after it was named #2 in Beckett "Top 80 cards of the 80's" in their Jan 2019 issue. Card #1 happened to be in the 1989 UD set.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info I'm sure it's a factor.

I believe it is also more difficult to find compared to his Topps and Fleer RC, didn't search ebay but a Beckett marketplace search there are only 10 Donruss FS compared to probably over 100 Topps and I didn't look at Fleer. So I guess most Mattingly and 80's Baseball fans have put that card in there collections so the availability of that card has also driven up the price.

I believe it is also more difficult to find compared to his Topps and Fleer RC, didn't search ebay but a Beckett marketplace search there are only 10 Donruss FS compared to probably over 100 Topps and I didn't look at Fleer. So I guess most Mattingly and 80's Baseball fans have put that card in there collections so the availability of that card has also driven up the price.

I'm like a lot of people that sold/traded desirable RCs before I decided to build a particular set and then I have to re-aquire them . :(

I never had that one and don't really want to pay current full BV as I would like to pick one up also but it doesn't seem to be one that is really available much for trade either.

I never had that one and don't really want to pay current full BV as I would like to pick one up also but it doesn't seem to be one that is really available much for trade either.

I'm on trade pages on Facebook and Sellers want over BV, that doesn't happen very often to an 80s card.