2019 Topps Design!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seawolf17

MVP
5.00 star(s)
https://www.topps.com/blog/2019-topps-baseball-design/

19TBB1_Base_H_Betts-1024x731.jpg

19TBB1_Base_V_Judge-731x1024.jpg

Is this the way of the future....always using the design done 30 years ago......if your going this route...way not insert a subset....with the topp Player and Top Pitcher of each team.....using the design (not the entire set)! Best regards, David

Not bad...would really like to see the borders make a comeback! This design at least looks like it will be a bit easier to pick up the color variations than the past couple of years.

As long as the numbering on the back is clear and legible, I will be happy.......No fun sorting cards with reading glasses on! Getting old stinks!

The photography looks spotless, but the design of the set is still lacking something........I know there's not a lot Topps can do, but try something "millennial" at least......Doubt these are the target market, but come on........Shake it up a bit........1975 set comes to mind.......Don't replicate it, just be inspired by it.......Make a quality, good looking set that they can be proud of in 15 years.......1987 Topps Chrome Inserts? Stagnant as hell........Been 20 Years since I put a Topps Insert set together..........They are as weak as water.........Mike

The photography looks spotless, but the design of the set is still lacking something........I know there's not a lot Topps can do, but try something "millennial" at least......Doubt these are the target market, but come on........Shake it up a bit........1975 set comes to mind.......Don't replicate it, just be inspired by it.......Make a quality, good looking set that they can be proud of in 15 years.......1987 Topps Chrome Inserts? Stagnant as hell........Been 20 Years since I put a Topps Insert set together..........They are as weak as water.........Mike

I don't think I have ever put a flagship insert set together - really just enjoy putting the base set together. I would have no problem with them going a bit out of the box on design, not like they haven't done it in the past. But at the same time, clean & efficient designs work great for me. I think the 1969 design is fantastic. Add better photography to that set....I would be all in.

On the flip side - I love putting together insert sets from A/G - but never put the base set together.