0 0%
  • Golf/Tennis

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to anglinomics's ebay items

What kinds of new card releases do you want to see?

I have been only posting the prominent releases of Baseball in recent years. At one time, I posted all new releases, but I think it was not worth the effort. I will continue to post Baseball. But I would like some feedback on what you would like to see. I can see adding the top 2 or so to the regular schedule. Comments welcome.
    Last edited by anglinomics; 09-19-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Based on the majority of trading here on The Bench - I feel like baseball is all you truly need to worry about.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

Voted. Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Sat Contest for Cal Ripken jr. auto 7/15 Topps five star 2018 has been posted!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to Gnep31's ebay items

Besides for Baseball I would like to see Racing. I no longer watch or collect professional basketball/football. I watch every Nascar race and attend as many local or national events that I can get to.

Thanks - Brad
    Looking for Bo Jackson , Ryan Blaney, Kyle Larson , and Topps Vintage

My site: www.freewebs.com/gnep31/ Type the link into your browser instead of clicking on it.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to cmcjr99's ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    Based on the majority of trading here on The Bench - I feel like baseball is all you truly need to worry about.

not trying to start anything , but.....

perhaps that attitude is why other sports aren't more actively traded here or why more new members don't come here....

more attempts at featuring AT LEAST football , basketball , and hockey too may actually encourage more people to join and become active here and in turn increase the activity in those other sports....
    Claude's Card Corner
    Want ANY USC Gamecocks such as Renaldo Balkman , Tiffany Mitchell , Alaina Coates , Dunta Robinson , Jonathan Joseph , Fred Bennett , Connor Shaw , Duce Staley , Sidney Rice , Jadeveon Clowney , Alshon Jeffery , Melvin Ingram , Marcus Lattimore , Landon Powell , Whit Merrifield , Jordan Montgomery , Justin Smoak & Steve Pearce (full list on my site)

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Growing up, I was always a three sport fan. I played Baseball, Football, and Basketball. I did like to golf, but at that time, options were restricted to get on a course. When I collected as a kid ( 1963-1971) I collected mostly Baseball. But I was happy to buy Football, and Basketball when I could find them. Of course most of the money came from my parents, so basically when school started, it was the end of cards buying for the most part. I started collecting as an adult in 1991. I haven't busted any packs for about 3 years.

As far as looking at new releases, when I was posting all releases for maybe 5 years, it had no effect on trading in other sports. But I think it is interesting to look at releases other than Baseball, even though I would only buy Baseball. Any activity that I have with cards now is buying singles on eBay.
    Last edited by anglinomics; 09-20-2018 at 08:09 AM.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

bump

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by cmcjr99 View Post
    not trying to start anything , but.....

perhaps that attitude is why other sports aren't more actively traded here or why more new members don't come here....

more attempts at featuring AT LEAST football , basketball , and hockey too may actually encourage more people to join and become active here and in turn increase the activity in those other sports....
    Quote Originally Posted by anglinomics View Post
    Growing up, I was always a three sport fan. I played Baseball, Football, and Basketball. I did like to golf, but at that time, options were restricted to get on a course. When I collected as a kid ( 1963-1971) I collected mostly Baseball. But I was happy to buy Football, and Basketball when I could find them. Of course most of the money came from my parents, so basically when school started, it was the end of cards buying for the most part. I started collecting as an adult in 1991. I haven't busted any packs for about 3 years.

As far as looking at new releases, when I was posting all releases for maybe 5 years, it had no effect on trading in other sports. But I think it is interesting to look at releases other than Baseball, even though I would only buy Baseball. Any activity that I have with cards now is buying singles on eBay.
    I went back and looked at the last thread posted in each of the other sports in this forum. I wanted to see who was looking at what and what type of commentary was involved.

Soccer Forum - last thread - 2016 - 0 members read the review
    Wrestling/UFC - last thread - 2016 - 0 members read the review
    Hockey - last thread - 2016 - 0 members read the review
    Football - last thread - 2017 - 0 members read the review

Baseball:
    2018 Bowman Chrome - 15 members read the review
    2018 Topps Update - 8 members read the review
    2018 A/G - 18 members read the review

2018 Update should be a huge release with Torres/Acuna/Albies/Andujar/Soto, and I am sure I am missing a couple others....8 members looked at the review.

I have tried to trade golf, basketball, football - the majority of folks here on The Bench focus on baseball. All you have to do is look at the number of threads for each sport, and the activity on said threads. It just isn't there. Honestly, if I want to find out about new releases that aren't baseball related, I go to Blowout and click on pre-sells and new releases to see what is coming out in the near future.

I have been trying like crazy to get Upper Deck and Panini to provide The Bench with an occasional box, so we could do a live break and give away the cards to members to try and pique interest in their baseball and other sport releases. But to date, have had zero success in convincing them.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    I went back and looked at the last thread posted in each of the other sports in this forum. I wanted to see who was looking at what and what type of commentary was involved.

Soccer Forum - last thread - 2016 - 0 members read the review
    Wrestling/UFC - last thread - 2016 - 0 members read the review
    Hockey - last thread - 2016 - 0 members read the review
    Football - last thread - 2017 - 0 members read the review

Baseball:
    2018 Bowman Chrome - 15 members read the review
    2018 Topps Update - 8 members read the review
    2018 A/G - 18 members read the review

2018 Update should be a huge release with Torres/Acuna/Albies/Andujar/Soto, and I am sure I am missing a couple others....8 members looked at the review.

I have tried to trade golf, basketball, football - the majority of folks here on The Bench focus on baseball. All you have to do is look at the number of threads for each sport, and the activity on said threads. It just isn't there. Honestly, if I want to find out about new releases that aren't baseball related, I go to Blowout and click on pre-sells and new releases to see what is coming out in the near future.

I have been trying like crazy to get Upper Deck and Panini to provide The Bench with an occasional box, so we could do a live break and give away the cards to members to try and pique interest in their baseball and other sport releases. But to date, have had zero success in convincing them.
    I tried to look at some of those last threads, but the forums are empty. I'm sure with your moderators permissions, you can see more than me. I'm not sure how you came up with 8 reads for 2018 Topps Update. I can see that it has 58 views. Can you tell me what that means?

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I tried to look at some of those last threads, but the forums are empty. I'm sure with your moderators permissions, you can see more than me. I'm not sure how you came up with 8 reads for 2018 Topps Update. I can see that it has 58 views. Can you tell me what that means?
    I have no idea if mod privileges gives me a different view or not?? I am able to see the number of times a particular thread has been viewed and than also see the number of members who viewed on it. I am assuming thread views allows non-signed in members and guests to be a part of that count. What I don't know is if it is total number of views or total number of views by different viewers, IE, if there are 20 views - did one person look at a thread 18 times, and two other people once each...or is it 20 distinct individuals.

I am all for anything that ramps up activity and trades, but the flip side here is that the members have to want to be more engaged and have to want to have more interaction, more trades, more dialogue, more everything.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

I have been trying like crazy to get Upper Deck and Panini to provide The Bench with an occasional box, so we could do a live break and give away the cards to members to try and pique interest in their baseball and other sport releases. But to date, have had zero success in convincing them. Thanks for trying Katester44! Best regards, David
    Last edited by David K.; 09-26-2018 at 11:29 PM.
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Sat Contest for Cal Ripken jr. auto 7/15 Topps five star 2018 has been posted!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    I have been trying like crazy to get Upper Deck and Panini to provide The Bench with an occasional box, so we could do a live break and give away the cards to members to try and pique interest in their baseball and other sport releases. But to date, have had zero success in convincing them. Thanks for trying Katester44! Best regards, David
    Thanks - just got another rejection from Upper Deck yesterday. Feel like if we could break a box or two of newer product (like hdjstuff does for Topps), we might be able to get the bench bucks store filled up. do online giveaways during the box break, get some different products into everyones hands - would be a win win for everyone involved.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I'm thinking that a person can have multiple views. I guess your read number comes from the number of names at the bottom of the thread, which I no longer can see. The poll will run its 90 course, but at this time there is not enough to move the needle.

P.s. I collected over 600 unique Brett Favre cards by trading on The Bench.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I'm wondering if anyone has ever bought cards using the link I provide with each release.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I'm wondering if anyone has ever bought cards using the link I provide with each release.
    I can honestly say that I never noticed the link at the bottom, and if I did, had no idea it linked right to blowout for purchase.

Kirby Puckett havelist: