2018 Topps Chrome update Mega boxes at Target!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The hangars have the pinks that you are looking for, correct??

Very Grinch-like!!!! But it does seem like there are people out there that getting these update chromes is all they think about. I am not making any special trips to Target for them, if I find them in normal travels, it is just a bonus.

Yes they do Andy but unlike the regular Topps Chrome,there's only 2 pink refractors per hanger which is gonna make things tougher. I found 8 hangers at my local Target but nothing since.

Just picked up a lot of 80 assorted Pink Refractors including a couple Ohtanis,Albies,Buehler and Hoskins for the price of 6 hanger packs. Buying singles seem to be the best route for these cards.

A local hobby shop in my area is known to travel to every Target store within 50 miles, buy the hot retail products (blasters etc) and then sell in their shop. A little ridiculous to me...

....but retail product price don't go up......like the hobby.....they would buy it for $19.99 at Target and then flip it for $39.99.....double their money...Last year the bowman mega boxes with Ohtani first card....were going for 3 or 4 times on ebay! Best regards, David PS its about the $$$$

A local hobby shop in my area is known to travel to every Target store within 50 miles, buy the hot retail products (blasters etc) and then sell in their shop. A little ridiculous to me...

I am sure there is someone in this area that does something similar - especially if they know when the re-stock is coming.

The best way to stop this....is to limit the product to 3 per person. Best regards, David

I think that would only slow them down, not stop them - they would just bring 3 or 4 family members along with them, and each of them would buy the max allowed.

I was actually thinking of doing this set, if I could find a couple more blasters/hangars to get the majority done and than trade for what was still needed.

I have still yet to see the mega boxes show up at my local Target. But I was able to order a few boxes from their website a couple of weeks ago. I have to say I'm not impressed -- maybe just bad luck of the draw. My boxes had no refractors or other parallels. No Sotos or Acunas. Just one auto (Haniger) and a few Gleyber Torres RC's. I'm done with the mega boxes for this year.

I did find hanger packs one time. Only two of them which I snapped up. I did get a pink Soto, so I feel fortunate there. I'd probably buy the hangers if I ever see them again.

Last edited:
I have still yet to see the mega boxes show up at my local Target. But I was able to order a few boxes from their website a couple of weeks ago. I have to say I'm not impressed -- maybe just back luck of the draw. My boxes had no refractors or other parallels. No Sotos or Acunas. Just one auto (Haniger) and a few Gleyber Torres RC's. I'm done with the mega boxes for this year.

I did find hanger packs one time. Only two of them which I snapped up. I did get a pink Soto, so I feel fortunate there. I'd probably buy the hangers if I ever see them again.

Refractors of any kind are difficult to find in the blasters. Think of me if you ever decide to trade the Soto ;)

Will be driving past a Target on Saturday (assuming snow has melted at that point) - may give it one last shot to try and find a box/hangar or two....

I just left a Target that had 4 boxes on the shelf. Couldn't pull the trigger after getting skunked on my earlier boxes.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My Target had a TON of these (~30) last night. Didn't pull the trigger because I just didn't need to spend the money, but if they're worth picking up, maybe I'll swing back through and grab one.

After dropping by my local hobby store....walked across to Target...Collectors stuff had a wall of shopping carts like a line block collectors stuff.....did not see anything....but when my eyes checked out the bottom row...oh my god! Over 30 2018 topps chrome update Mega boxes.........brought 8 and called hobby store...as one of the owners was trying to get a few for his son (Christmas)....Let him know. Best regards, David

After dropping by my local hobby store....walked across to Target...Collectors stuff had a wall of shopping carts like a line block collectors stuff.....did not see anything....but when my eyes checked out the bottom row...oh my god! Over 30 2018 topps chrome update Mega boxes.........brought 8 and called hobby store...as one of the owners was trying to get a few for his son (Christmas)....Let him know. Best regards, David

Nice to know that they are still out there getting re-stocked. I am going to take a look tomorrow - hopefully there will be at least one left....

Co store owner picked up two boxes.....I dropped by about 10:00 am and there was still about 20+ sitting pretty......Used up this week budget....as I'm retired. Best regards, David PS If u need one or two....let me know....

Stopped by one of our two Targets on the way out to the remembrance illumination in gettysburg yesterday. Looked and didn't see any Chrome Update, but did see two gravity feed boxes of football in a weird spot, moved them aside and lo and behold, two boxes of chrome update..sadly, I should have left them sit as there wasn't much good in them, a couple of Soto RC's and a Torres RC, that was about it. No color, no autos. On the plus side, they were 20% off yesterday, so only about 15 bucks a box.

I think I am officially done with the chase...

Stopped by one of our two Targets on the way out to the remembrance illumination in gettysburg yesterday. Looked and didn't see any Chrome Update, but did see two gravity feed boxes of football in a weird spot, moved them aside and lo and behold, two boxes of chrome update..sadly, I should have left them sit as there wasn't much good in them, a couple of Soto RC's and a Torres RC, that was about it. No color, no autos. On the plus side, they were 20% off yesterday, so only about 15 bucks a box.

I think I am officially done with the chase...

Hits are few and far between because it is retail....and retail odds are much higher....Mostly for set collectors (only 100 players in the set)......but its about 5 plus boxes to put a set together. Best regards, David

Hits are few and far between because it is retail....and retail odds are much higher....Mostly for set collectors (only 100 players in the set)......but its about 5 plus boxes to put a set together. Best regards, David

That was actually sort of my thought - with a bit better collation in the two boxes opened yesterday, I could have been one box away from the 100 card set, with a trade or two. Who knows, if I go out Xmas shopping and happen to see another box or hangar....maybe I will grab it and go for the set.