damage card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tootalltoma

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
this isn't an scam, but i was send an 2018 bryce harper black topps gold label .. and it was in an pwe, and of course.. it got damage , i feel so sick, beauiful card.. i wrote the seller and sitting here and waiting for reply..please traders Do Not send in PWE, some people swear.. aw it will be alright IN WAS IN AN cards saver ..But got stuck along the line and damage an nice card... just an reminder, if this message Doesn't belong please delete.. thanks T3

This is a valid concern. Autos, GU'd, thicker singles - should never be sent via PWE. I have a stack of cards that have all manner of bends, creases, dings that were sent PWE, and are now completely worthless.

PWE, when done properly, is an economical way to send smaller value trades. When done improperly, it is an easy way to have junk show up in the recipients mailbox. There is at least one thread on how to properly package cards - my big thing is that I package cards the way I would want to receive them. Throwing a forever stamp on an envelope and writing Do Not Bend and dropping it in your mailbox, is at best a 60/40 proposition that the cards will arrive undamaged.

Even taking a PWE to the post office, paying the 71 cents is no certainty of a PWE arriving safely. I opened one up this morning - sent via post office - the rigid card holder was smashed, fortunately, the cards don't appear to be damaged. Adding something as simple as a small cardboard backer and/or at least securing the cards in the envelope so they don't slide around would help eliminate a bunch of these issues.

I agree that cards of "any value" need to be sent in padded envelope. Any thick cards should also be sent padded envelope. But lets also be 100% honest here.... just sending in a padded envelope is no guarantee that they will arrive safely. In fact I have had more damaged cards sent via padded envelope than I have had sent in secured PWE.

PS
You can send in padded envelope (no tracking for $1.21 if you so request at PO)

I feel your pain.
With the increasing cost of mail, trying to find the least expensive way(s) to ship become more and more an issue. I've used PWE frequently without any real issues, but I try to make sure that the card(s) is protected enough in the event of some mishap: the last sentence of Katester44's post is a good suggestion.
Boots