Black Friday coming!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Made a fairly large purchase today......$37.00 plus.....also watching a few of the higher price cards to see if they drop in price or bump up higher. Best regards, David

Last edited:
There are millions of cards - so having some kind of a plan as to what you're looking for is the best bet. I have a list of players and I just go down the list plugging their name into the search and buying stuff I like that is fairly priced for the first day or two. After that I generally start looking for stuff to flip or reload my port with - star/rookies autographs, graded stuff, HOF relics/autos, etc.

Would probably be a good idea to create an account ahead of time and do some research today and tomorrow regarding how it works. You do need to load funds into your account to make immediate purchases or you can load items into your cart and check out when you hit 25 items - you get the shipping discount every time so you can just check out every time you hit 25 cards so you don't miss out.

It usually starts out pretty fast and furious and then seems to go in waves throughout the weekend for me - but this is the most cards I've ever had and the best discount in a long time so I expect pretty steady sales as my stuff goes well even without a discount.

If you have any specific questions - shoot me a PM and I can try and help out. I've got about eight years of experience as a buyer and six years as a seller.

I've never done Black Friday on COMC. How does it work? Do you just have to find the bargains or is there a trick to it?

I've never done Black Friday on COMC. How does it work? Do you just have to find the bargains or is there a trick to it?

Normally....about a few days before.....look for the cards that I'm interested in....see what the prices are and if they lower it......if they lower it...I normally buy them...but again....some where gone before I could buy them....Best regards, David

Last edited:
I didn't really see any deals anywhere - DA did have the 2018 Topps Update Case (w/ 12 Silver Packs) for like $460 - which is a pretty good deal. I bought some stuff on BO but nothing that made me get really excited - just some fun cheap breaks..

COMC was pretty awesome both buying and selling!

I was a bit disappointed at the lack of deals on Dave & Adams this year. I usually purchase a bunch of stuff on there on Black Friday, but didn't see anything like they had in the past.

I bought a few boxes of the 2016 Donruss 24 pack stuff just to have something to open. In the past, I had found a lot of stuff to buy. Not so much this year. But then again, I am not looking for $400+ cases normally. I like to spend very little as I usually get skunked on stuff.

I didn't really see any deals anywhere - DA did have the 2018 Topps Update Case (w/ 12 Silver Packs) for like $460 - which is a pretty good deal. I bought some stuff on BO but nothing that made me get really excited - just some fun cheap breaks..

COMC was pretty awesome both buying and selling!

Yeah that was a really good deal on Update cases especially with the silver packs. I'm sorry I missed that one. Blowout's price was higher without silver packs.

Love shopping on Comc! Made about 7 to 8 purchases every year! Heading to my final shopping of this year....Hoping more new stuff has been added. Best regards, David

Love shopping on Comc! Made about 7 to 8 purchases every year! Heading to my final shopping of this year....Hoping more new stuff has been added. Best regards, David

Only bought 7 to 8 cards the entire year?

Only bought 7 to 8 cards the entire year?
Please stop reading into things you have no clue about...purchases mean more than one card....12 purchases for the entire year with about a total of close to 100 cards. Best regards, David

Last edited: