Sold! 1990-91 Hoops Mark Jackson Card #205 with Menendez brothers in background

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Have a few of the 1990-91 Hoops Mark Jackson Card #205 with Menendez brothers in background available if anybody is interested. These have been sold!

Last edited:
So it is just the common, mass produced (literally in the millions) Mark Jackson Hoops card that was worth a nickel yesterday?

EBAY??? P.T. Barnum was correct it seems.

So it is just the common, mass produced (literally in the millions) Mark Jackson Hoops card that was worth a nickel yesterday?

EBAY??? P.T. Barnum was correct it seems.

Yes! Fascinating how a card can go from $0.15 to $15 in a matter of a couple days...after sitting around collecting dust for almost 30 years!!!

Yes! Fascinating how a card can go from $0.15 to $15 in a matter of a couple days...after sitting around collecting dust for almost 30 years!!!

It'll be even more fascinating if anyone will buy a nickel card for $15. If this card comes out as $15 in Beckett's I'll be more than shocked. It may get listed as a dollar or two as a novelty like the Sam Vincent variation from the same set with MJ pictured on it.

I've got an idea to test this cards real worth. I have 15 of them in my dups (I just counted them and I have them right here) and you can have as many as you want for $3.00 each. LMK if you want any and you can make a killing!

It'll be even more fascinating if anyone will buy a nickel card for $15. If this card comes out as $15 in Beckett's I'll be more than shocked. It may get listed as a dollar or two as a novelty like the Sam Vincent variation from the same set with MJ pictured on it.

I've got an idea to test this cards real worth. I have 15 of them in my dups (I just counted them and I have them right here) and you can have as many as you want for $3.00 each. LMK if you want any and you can make a killing!

burbank sold 67 at 35.00 each - sunday....

auctions on ebay friday were closing for up to 56 bucks per card....

tons are selling for 10 to 25 each for the past days...

beckett upped the book value from .10 to $25 yesterday....

edit to add - a friend i was chatting with on facebook sent me a message that he heard ebay was taking down all the listings for the card...said he had just heard that on another card forum from users who got mail from ebay saying their listings had been removed.....i havent received a message myself yet nor have i seen any official announcement on ebay , but it just got me thinking...if ebay prohibits the sale of it , this card could become even more of an "it" thing with even higher demand as everybody would just HAVE to have the banned/taboo card that was too controversial for ebay....

Last edited:

I’ll take them!

I don't do Paypal and I'm not messing around with cross country personal checks. If you change your mind on the concealed cash LMK.

burbank sold 67 at 35.00 each - sunday....

auctions on ebay friday were closing for up to 56 bucks per card....

tons are selling for 10 to 25 each for the past days...

beckett upped the book value from .10 to $25 yesterday....

edit to add - a friend i was chatting with on facebook sent me a message that he heard ebay was taking down all the listings for the card...said he had just heard that on another card forum from users who got mail from ebay saying their listings had been removed.....i havent received a message myself yet nor have i seen any official announcement on ebay , but it just got me thinking...if ebay prohibits the sale of it , this card could become even more of an "it" thing with even higher demand as everybody would just HAVE to have the banned/taboo card that was too controversial for ebay....

Thanks for the stats Claude! Definitely pretty wild! Hope all is well with you!

What would be the reason for eBay banning that particular card? That seems weird....

What would be the reason for eBay banning that particular card? That seems weird....

I think they were removing listings that mentioned the Menendez brothers due to an eBay policy of not listing items from known murders, serial killers, etc. Looks like people have still been able to list the card without mentioning the Menendez brothers...or by just listing “brothers in the background” something like that.

I think they were removing listings that mentioned the Menendez brothers due to an eBay policy of not listing items from known murders, serial killers, etc. Looks like people have still been able to list the card without mentioning the Menendez brothers...or by just listing “brothers in the background” something like that.

as of now SOME have been removed while others (including mine - knock on wood) are still live....my title and description do mention "lyle and erik menendez in background"...i only did a single multi-item listing and when i first heard of the removals i decided not to edit it , add more items , or create any additional listings as long as my original one was still live with cards available...so far ive sold 2 of my and have 2 more ready to go....atone time i had 250-300 of this card but bulked most out years ago....i do still have several stashes of 90-91 hoops stored away but they are very difficult to reach right now...i am hoping the ones i have out already move today thus making me go dig for more while they're still moving....

as an aside - if ebay does decide to enforce a ban on that card , i think it will actually create even MORE buzz and send prices skyrocketing even higher as everyone and his brother would then just HAVE to have the infamous ebay-banned/taboo card.....check out the article on beckett and you'll see that the owner of burbank was interviewed and was surprised by the removals citing o j simpson and aaron hernandez cards as examples of other (possible) killers whose cards are readily available on ebay.....

O.J. was acquitted and his cards are still available on E-Bay.

yes i understand that which is why i said "(possible)"....i was merely stating what the article reported as being said by other people : that ebay still allowed items featuring other murderers such as hernandez and o j (who was convicted in civil court i believe).....i am not one to state definitively whether they did it or not regardless of any verdict ...

yes i understand that which is why i said "(possible)"....i was merely stating what the article reported as being said by other people : that ebay still allowed items featuring other murderers such as hernandez and o j (who was convicted in civil court i believe).....i am not one to state definitively whether they did it or not regardless of any verdict ...

it's so weird, though --- you can still buy WWE cards and action figures of Chris Benoit, though
crazy.