2019 USPO rates....most going up on Jan 27, 2019!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Their more friendly...but know less!! The previous person was more friendly then u....why are u calling back....I did not get the refund in 4 to 6 weeks.......he screwed up and now u have to wait another 4 to 6 weeks : )

After 5 weeks....called them back and they say their sorry.......new person make mistakes....older employees do a better job..but are less friendly.....

It's been a few years since I've been active in trading, buying, selling of cards. I'm thoroughly confused by the new postage rates for First Class Mail. I'm no longer set up like I used to be. My good scale got broken, and I no longer have a decent printer. I'm planning to sell of a majority of my collection, and severely narrow what I collect. However, I'm wondering if it's even worth trying to sell it by the individual card or just dump it all in one lot locally.

It appears to me that any bubble mailer sent at the Post Office will be $3.80 to $6.50 depending upon weight and destination. Is that correct? I realize that if I use stamps.com it would be a bit cheaper, but again I don't have a good scale or printer and I don't really want to go buy one just for this. I'm thinking it makes it a waste of time to try and sell cards for $0.10, $0.25, or $0.50 each because it would require a sizeable amount of those kinds of cards to justify the cost of shipping now.

Am I understanding the rates correctly now, or is there a reasonable alternative that would make it worthwhile for someone to buy lower and middle end cards from me?

Thank you,
Tom

It's been a few years since I've been active in trading, buying, selling of cards. I'm thoroughly confused by the new postage rates for First Class Mail. I'm no longer set up like I used to be. My good scale got broken, and I no longer have a decent printer. I'm planning to sell of a majority of my collection, and severely narrow what I collect. However, I'm wondering if it's even worth trying to sell it by the individual card or just dump it all in one lot locally.

It appears to me that any bubble mailer sent at the Post Office will be $3.80 to $6.50 depending upon weight and destination. Is that correct? I realize that if I use stamps.com it would be a bit cheaper, but again I don't have a good scale or printer and I don't really want to go buy one just for this. I'm thinking it makes it a waste of time to try and sell cards for $0.10, $0.25, or $0.50 each because it would require a sizeable amount of those kinds of cards to justify the cost of shipping now.

Am I understanding the rates correctly now, or is there a reasonable alternative that would make it worthwhile for someone to buy lower and middle end cards from me?

Thank you,
Tom

Tom, you're correct about the postage rates. Destination matters. So it costs more to ship the same weight first class from East coast to West coast (and vice versa) than it does to ship in your general vicinity.

If you're selling or trading only a few cards that are not thick, then best to go with a PWE (plain white envelope) to save on postage.

Scott

Last edited:
Hi Guys
I work at the main post office in SD...normal ineptitude of management is such that they have been giving anyone on the overtime list, as much as they want, even though they don't have the mail volume to justify it. I am currently on S/L for 200 hours because of being over 65 and have type 2 diabetes. Why don't I retire? 1) have over 2000 hours of S/L I don't want to give up. 2) When I do work, I just have to scan bar codes on trucks, drivers badges and the labels on pallets of mail. When I'm home...I'm working on our 1.2 acres with over 35 fruit trees...which I'm doing now just to use up my sick leave.
I was on the OT list until March 1, but got off because I felt guilty because the two hours I was on OT, all I was doing was playing Candy Crush, when not arriving and departing the 1 trip that I have in those two hours.
I am spending a lot of time in the evening on eBay and sportslot.com; though.
So, here's a help full hint. If mailing anything of value up to four ounces and shipping with paypal...the rare is by zone, but the most you'll pay is $3.09 to east coast. The simplest way is to use www.paypal.com/mos and let's you create labels, select the weight (and since it's the same up to 4 ounces) I have that preset on setting shipping and you get free delivery confirmation!
I also recommend that you go to www.usps.com and sign up for informed delivery. USPS will send pictures of pretty much everything that will be delivered to your mailbox. It's a neat feature.
Bob

Hi Guys
I work at the main post office in SD...normal ineptitude of management is such that they have been giving anyone on the overtime list, as much as they want, even though they don't have the mail volume to justify it. I am currently on S/L for 200 hours because of being over 65 and have type 2 diabetes. Why don't I retire? 1) have over 2000 hours of S/L I don't want to give up. 2) When I do work, I just have to scan bar codes on trucks, drivers badges and the labels on pallets of mail. When I'm home...I'm working on our 1.2 acres with over 35 fruit trees...which I'm doing now just to use up my sick leave.
I was on the OT list until March 1, but got off because I felt guilty because the two hours I was on OT, all I was doing was playing Candy Crush, when not arriving and departing the 1 trip that I have in those two hours.
I am spending a lot of time in the evening on eBay and sportslot.com; though.
So, here's a help full hint. If mailing anything of value up to four ounces and shipping with paypal...the rare is by zone, but the most you'll pay is $3.09 to east coast. The simplest way is to use www.paypal.com/mos and let's you create labels, select the weight (and since it's the same up to 4 ounces) I have that preset on setting shipping and you get free delivery confirmation!
I also recommend that you go to www.usps.com and sign up for informed delivery. USPS will send pictures of pretty much everything that will be delivered to your mailbox. It's a neat feature.
Bob

Great post, Bob. I have been using Paypal shipping for quite some time to print USPS first class postage. I get the discount off the regular USPS rate, plus I don't need to go into a USPS lobby which is especially beneficial during these Covid times.

Scott

Be careful Bob! This is the internet..... Why? The whisterblower was being asked questions....and one House member asked him about his sick leave........guy said is was for his high blood pressure...because of all the stress and losing his job........but the House member said...Your to sick to go to work....and yet your hear with us? The House member was trying to say....you abused taxpayers funds........even through it was his sick leave that he earned while working for the government. Some employers also check the internet to see what they employees are doing and saying......Best regards, David

Last edited: