December 2018 Show Off Thread - pickups/pulls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
This was brought up in The Bench Discussion area - we used to have a thread every month where members could show off their pickups/nice pulls for the month.

Sounded like a pretty good reason to bring it back and see if we can get some recognition for some nice cards in the collections out there.

I know it is late in the month, but hopefully we can get some activity going as we head into 2019.

Nice cards there Rabs! I have the last one in my gold set that I'm working on......Best regards, David PS down to the last 10 of 300!

Thanks! Nice job on the set. The Acuna is one of the best cards in the set along with the Soto!

This seems to have started off swimmingly!!!! I look forward to being able to add to it at some point!

Rabs - the Acuna that resembles the 81 Topps design - Heritage? Archives?

Just arrived in the mail today. Only question - do I add it to the Phil Hughes PC or the Joba Chamberlain PC? Obvious answer is find another one, and than no decision needs to be made...

59708[/ATTACH]"]29ol440.jpg

Attachments

• 29ol440.jpg
    29ol440.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 0
Might as well share my two latest pick-ups.

d7c63v5m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

3f588eko.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This seems to have started off swimmingly!!!! I look forward to being able to add to it at some point!

Rabs - the Acuna that resembles the 81 Topps design - Heritage? Archives?

It is from Archives and his Purple parallel /175.

Some cool cards in the early going. Steve,that Schmidt is awesome. Been busy working on my sets lately but happen to pick up a Pujols or 2 in the meantime. The latest addition is this one:

46413883371_56bab3ee78_z.jpgimage by Brett Blair, on Flickr
2018 Topps On-Demand 3D #68

The pic does not do this card justice,these cards are a thing of beauty. I encourage anyone with a current player PC to pick one of these up. Liked the Pujols so much I bought 4 more of them yesterday lol.

I can't post a picture of it, but I recently traded for a 1996 Leaf Terrell Davis (the Broncos HOF running back) certified autograph card that was offered here in trade.a month ago. Man, that is a nice looking card and I'm really glad I was able to pick it up. That one is definitely going into my PC.

I have yet to see those 3D cards in person but have heard good things about them. Kimbrel, who I PC, has a couple of them that I have yet to pick up.

18/18 is still an eBay 1/1 lol. So you don't have any Schmidt 1/1s currently?

Nope. Best numbered I have is 1/5. Best un-numbered rumoured print run is /3.

I have everything else you could think of, card-wise. Jerseys, bats, cleats, sweat band, a piece of an outfield wall, a piece of a dugout bench, a button (now), helmets, etc. I've got autos. I've got a 7-11 slurpee cup, I've got books, stickers, I've got a plastic lunch bag, for cripes sake. No 1/1.