Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to collectorskip's ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by pmanningsfan73 View Post
    I can't believe the beatin that Clemson put on the Tide last night. Did anyone else watch it?
    Absolutely did. Clemson's defensive schemes were brilliant. 'Bama had no solution and looked totally out of its league. As Katester alluded, it seemd that, when you thought 'Bama would go down the field and score, thus keeping it a game, they couldn't. Hardly seemed like this game was between the two best and undefeated teams in the country. You've gotta love Dabo Swinney. He is a great counterpoint to Saban. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Boots
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items

Final Coach's poll has Fresno State Bulldogs ranked 18th. Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest has been posted!(Dec 8/14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Must be a member in good standing! Its 1-100 for this special contest!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I was most impressed with Clemson's true Freshman receiver (#8 I believe). He looked like a pro against amateurs with his amazing catches and size and speed. He made Alabama's dbs look like high schoolers.

Can we please do away with these halftime performances? I heard the one last night at the championship game and it was awful from 2 rooms away!!!! It must have been like torture to be there live or even being in the same room when it was on TV.

I read an article that the Spurs are very interested in Porzingus of the Knicks. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! He may be a unique talent but he is rarely available due to injury. After the Kawaii Leonard thing ths Spurs would havwe to be crazy to go for another high priced, but fragile talent.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Absolutely did. Clemson's defensive schemes were brilliant. 'Bama had no solution and looked totally out of its league. As Katester alluded, it seemd that, when you thought 'Bama would go down the field and score, thus keeping it a game, they couldn't. Hardly seemed like this game was between the two best and undefeated teams in the country. You've gotta love Dabo Swinney. He is a great counterpoint to Saban. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Boots
    I would take Dabo over Saban in a personality contest 100 out of 100 times. Dabo for the most part seems genuine. Saban for the most part seems like he is always up to something. In the end, just nice to see a basketball conference win the football title over the SEC. It sure looks like Clemson has a chance to rule the ACC like FSU did when they first joined the league.

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    I was most impressed with Clemson's true Freshman receiver (#8 I believe). He looked like a pro against amateurs with his amazing catches and size and speed. He made Alabama's dbs look like high schoolers.

Can we please do away with these halftime performances? I heard the one last night at the championship game and it was awful from 2 rooms away!!!! It must have been like torture to be there live or even being in the same room when it was on TV.

I read an article that the Spurs are very interested in Porzingus of the Knicks. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! He may be a unique talent but he is rarely available due to injury. After the Kawaii Leonard thing ths Spurs would havwe to be crazy to go for another high priced, but fragile talent.
    Clemsons offense looks set for at least another year or two. Agree with you regarding that frosh WR, looked tough.

Fortunately for those in attendance at the game - the halftime show was live at another venue, so they escaped having to deal with it. I like a couple of the Imagine Dragons songs, but wow and yikes. It was not good live. When you are called this generations Nickelback - take your royalty checks and enjoy life. Even better were the Lil Wayne comparisons to ET and the Hamburgler. Good times!!!

The Knicks would be wise to deal to any taker for that exact reason - can't be a franchise player if you are never on the field. Except Carson Wentz, he is the exception to the rule!!!!! (But pay Foles whatever he wants to keep him there)

On a follow up to Sundays NFL games - upon further review, that last second FG attempt by the Bears was blocked, not missed...so Chicago - get off his back! Saw where a local brewery is putting up a goalpost and is offering a free year of beer to any "vape huffing, armchair QB" that thinks it is easy to hit a 43 yarder.

Initial fan voting is in for the NBA all star game...how in the world is Derrick Rose the #2 guard in the West ahead of James Harden???? I am not a Harden fan, but c'mon man........
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Fortunately for those in attendance at the game - the halftime show was live at another venue, so they escaped having to deal with it.
    [/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure about that. Word on the street is that the halftime show was performed in the Alabama locker room which explains their zombielike 2nd half performance. After that 10 minute torture session, Alabama had no fight left in them.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    Fortunately for those in attendance at the game - the halftime show was live at another venue, so they escaped having to deal with it.
    I'm not so sure about that. Word on the street is that the halftime show was performed in the Alabama locker room which explains their zombielike 2nd half performance. After that 10 minute torture session, Alabama had no fight left in them.[/QUOTE]

LOL, that could be an explanation. I just don't think anyone has ever punched Alabama in the mouth like Clemson has been doing. And Saban doesn't know how to react to that. He is used to just steamrolling or having the other team roll over and play dead (yes Georgia, I am talking about you!!).

Best thing to do to a bully is punch them in the face - usually sends them packing.

Should the lakers have used the #2 pick in the draft on Kuzma and not the master of the chest pass??? It is a shame that he will have to be part of any deal the Lakers make to bring in more stars to help LeBron.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

That Clemson win was beyond stunning with their dominance and their QB being a true freshman. And to think that Syracuse, of all teams, nearly beat Clemson at Death Valley this year!

I kind of wonder if the Clemson/Alabama dominance is going to hurt college football. I heard the ratings for this year's game were down substantially and you have to wonder just how many teams can legitimately contend for the National Championship these days. The South is just SO dominant. Right now you have Alabama and a handful of SEC teams (Georgia, LSU and a few others), Clemson in an ACC that is suddenly way down, Oklahoma and a now Urbanless Ohio State team. With the Pac Ten in shambles and the Big Ten being overrated year after year, how many teams can honestly compete and how many are outside the South?

I'm with you on the Kuzma thing. I could not believe he had 41 points and is obviously FAR superior to "the Master of the Chest Pass". Even funnier is that Josh hart was the 30th pick in that same 2017 draft and analysts are saying he is a better fit for the Lakers than Lonzo!! So out of the 2017 drat Lonzo may be the third best on the Lakers even though he was picked #2!

Some analyst on the radio today said the Lakers would not include Kuzma in a trade for Anthony Davis. I find that hard to believe. He was saying the trade would be Pope's expiring contract, Brandon Ingrham and the Master of the Chest Pass or Josh Hart. To get A.D I would add Kuzma to that package.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to rodhebner's comc items

And today in 'Sports Marketing' news....the SF Giants announced that there will be a new named sponsor of their ballpark, replacing AT&T. It is Oracle, who currently has their name on the Warriors' venue in Oakland (and will not next year when the Warriors move to San Francisco and play in an arena named after a bank).

This is the 4th name in 20 years of the former Pac Bell/SBC/AT&T Park. I know there's been a few different names on the D-backs ballpark in its relatively short existence, but can any MLB team top 4 in 20? It's time to just stop the malarkey and refer to the park as "China Basin" as the local newspaper recently has to not provide any free publicity.
    Current Wantlist (Schmidt/Gladden/Vintage/Newer): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0
    Current Tradelist (Modern Inserts): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&usp=sharing

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mrhaverkamp View Post
    And today in 'Sports Marketing' news....the SF Giants announced that there will be a new named sponsor of their ballpark, replacing AT&T. It is Oracle, who currently has their name on the Warriors' venue in Oakland (and will not next year when the Warriors move to San Francisco and play in an arena named after a bank).

This is the 4th name in 20 years of the former Pac Bell/SBC/AT&T Park. I know there's been a few different names on the D-backs ballpark in its relatively short existence, but can any MLB team top 4 in 20? It's time to just stop the malarkey and refer to the park as "China Basin" as the local newspaper recently has to not provide any free publicity.
    I just realized that I could not name one current sports venue in the Bay Area today but can name at least three old ones off the top of my head..........Candlestick park, Kezar Stadium and the Cow Palace! I think that is a combination of following sports more closely as a kid and the constant name changes stadiums undergo today. The name change thing goes for Bowl Games too wher I can't tell you what bowl is what because of the constant name changes due to sponsors.

I think I can name a 4th Bay Area venue too......the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum where the Raiders play (or played).

Point being, it is had to keep up with all the name changes for sports venues these days.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to collectorskip's ebay items

Big NFL weekend. So here are my completely amatureish and largely un-informed opinions!
    Today:
    At home Chiefs are 5 to 5/12 point favorites over the Colts. I think the Colts will surprise and win outright.
    At home Rams are a touchdown favorite over the Cowboys. I'm picking the Rams to win, but not cover.
    Tomorrow:
    At home Patriots are 4 point favorites over the Chargers. Historically Belicheck does not lose these games. As much as it pains me, I think the Pats will win, but I'm not sure if they will cover.
    At home Saints are 8 point fovorites over the Eagles. Everyone loves the Saints, but the Eagles are peaking at the right time, and Foles has shown he has the magic. Despite this, I think the Saints will win but not cover.

Enjoy the games!

Boots
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I just heard and astounding statistic on Fox Sports Radio. The Cowboys and Rams have played the most times of any matchup in the playoffs in NFL history! I would never have guessed that. I'm not sure if they are counting the matchups before the playoffs began where it was East Division winner vs the West but I never would have thought Cowboys Vs Rams took that honor.

Even more shocking is they have not played each other in the playoffs since 1985 when Eric Dickerson set a playoff rushing record in what would be Tom Landry's last playoff game. From 1973 through 1985 the Cowboys and Rams met 8 times in the playoffs and today's game is the 9th.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

New name for the Giants stadium! Warriors moving out of Oakland.....don't blame them....seems everyone is moving out of Oakland. Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest has been posted!(Dec 8/14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Must be a member in good standing! Its 1-100 for this special contest!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Chiefs over Colts. Best regards, David PS go Chargers.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

AFL Final! .....Chiefs, Colts, Chargers, Cowboys......Lots of C .....Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    AFL Final! .....Chiefs, Colts, Chargers, Cowboys......Lots of C .....Best regards, David
    I'm not sure what you mean by AFL final. If you mean American Football League only the Chiefs and Chargers were AFL teams of the 4 you mentioned. The Colts moved to the NFC from the NFL during the merger and the Cowboys have always been NFL and NFC in their entire existence.

However, once the Colts lost today, an AFL final was insured in the AFC Championship game because the Chiefs, Chargers and Patriots are all former AFL teams and 2 of those 3 teams will be in that game..