Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 422
  1. David K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    67,435
    Bench Bucks
    33,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Bench Points
    10266
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items

    #46
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by AFL final. If you mean American Football League only the Chiefs and Chargers were AFL teams of the 4 you mentioned. The Colts moved to the NFC from the NFL during the merger and the Cowboys have always been NFL and NFC in their entire existence.

    However, once the Colts lost today, an AFL final was insured in the AFC Championship game because the Chiefs, Chargers and Patriots are all former AFL teams and 2 of those 3 teams will be in that game..
    Not sure what u mean......that 4 teams in the playoff that started this week....with their team names...start with C......not to hard to figure out! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest has been posted!(Dec 8/ Ends on frid night 14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Must be a member in good standing! Its 1-100 for this special contest!

  2. SymphonicMetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,192
    Bench Bucks
    2,010
    Bench Points
    118
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #47
    Reread the first two words in your original post (#44 on this topic) that is in question where you posted "AFL Final!". I thought you meant an all AFL Final. You obviously made a typo since the AFL went out of business in 1970. If you read your post in question you'll see my question on it is "not too hard to figure out".

  3. David K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    67,435
    Bench Bucks
    33,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Bench Points
    10266
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items

    #48
    Los Angeles Ram 30 over Dallas Cowboys 22....Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest has been posted!(Dec 8/ Ends on frid night 14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Must be a member in good standing! Its 1-100 for this special contest!

  4. katester44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,346
    Bench Bucks
    8,639
    Blog Entries
    12
    Bench Points
    1231
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #49
    Relatively quiet sports weekend, minus the NFL playoffs.

    Spurs/Thunder had a fun OT game a couple days ago - Spurs couldn't miss from 3 point land...

    Can't figure out what is going on in Chapel Hill - they pound ranked NC State on the road, and than come right back and poop the bed at home against Louisville, who had just lost to Pitt, who hadn't won in conference in over a year...get it together Roy!!!!

    Not a Duke fan, but hope that Zion Williamson isn't out too long with his eye injury. college hoops needs excitement, and he definitely brings it.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

    Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

    wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

    Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

  5. SymphonicMetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,192
    Bench Bucks
    2,010
    Bench Points
    118
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #50
    Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post

    Spurs/Thunder had a fun OT game a couple days ago - Spurs couldn't miss from 3 point land...
    I saw that the Spurs beat OKC in a thriller. They lost to them last night but the game was close. The Spurs have been the best 3 point shooting team in terms of percentage since early December, believe it or not.

    The NFL fooled me again. I decided to watch the Colts/Chiefs game after hearing all the yammering about how good the COlts were and what a tough matchup they would be for the Chiefs. What a crock. The Colts looked like they did not even want to play. And is it me, or does Andrew Luck look like he has a weak arm? All his passes were soft, lob type passes even on passes that appeared to be in need of some steam on them. I have not watched him at all this year but he appeared to not have much strength in his arm.

    I did not watch the Cowboys/Rams but who would have thought the Rams would win if Prescott threw for approx. 100 yards more than Goff and that Todd Gurley would be the 2nd leading rusher for the Rams in the game? Much like the colts it appears the Cowboys were not too interested in tackling with the Rams having 2 100 yard rushers!

    I turned the Patriots/Chargers on with the Pats up 21-7 and immediately turned it off. I was not going to waste my time hoping for a Chargers comeback that will never happen.

    So out of three games I watched 1 half of play and passed on the rest. I can't imagine Philly/NO will be competitive but we'll see. The bright spot for me is that my favorite band Delain put out a new song and music video this weekend that I have been watching/listening to non stop so I'm more than all good. Better that than watching these blowouts the NFL is offering up.

  6. David K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    67,435
    Bench Bucks
    33,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Bench Points
    10266
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items

    #51
    Eagles 14 vs. Saints 0 1st quarter.
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest has been posted!(Dec 8/ Ends on frid night 14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Must be a member in good standing! Its 1-100 for this special contest!

  7. David K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    67,435
    Bench Bucks
    33,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Bench Points
    10266
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items

    #52
    AFC: New England Patriots at Kansas City Chiefs NFC: New Orleans Saints at Los Angeles Rams Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest has been posted!(Dec 8/ Ends on frid night 14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Must be a member in good standing! Its 1-100 for this special contest!

  8. katester44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,346
    Bench Bucks
    8,639
    Blog Entries
    12
    Bench Points
    1231
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #53
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    I saw that the Spurs beat OKC in a thriller. They lost to them last night but the game was close. The Spurs have been the best 3 point shooting team in terms of percentage since early December, believe it or not.

    The NFL fooled me again. I decided to watch the Colts/Chiefs game after hearing all the yammering about how good the COlts were and what a tough matchup they would be for the Chiefs. What a crock. The Colts looked like they did not even want to play. And is it me, or does Andrew Luck look like he has a weak arm? All his passes were soft, lob type passes even on passes that appeared to be in need of some steam on them. I have not watched him at all this year but he appeared to not have much strength in his arm.

    I did not watch the Cowboys/Rams but who would have thought the Rams would win if Prescott threw for approx. 100 yards more than Goff and that Todd Gurley would be the 2nd leading rusher for the Rams in the game? Much like the colts it appears the Cowboys were not too interested in tackling with the Rams having 2 100 yard rushers!

    I turned the Patriots/Chargers on with the Pats up 21-7 and immediately turned it off. I was not going to waste my time hoping for a Chargers comeback that will never happen.

    So out of three games I watched 1 half of play and passed on the rest. I can't imagine Philly/NO will be competitive but we'll see. The bright spot for me is that my favorite band Delain put out a new song and music video this weekend that I have been watching/listening to non stop so I'm more than all good. Better that than watching these blowouts the NFL is offering up.
    I watched the KC/Indy game, just because I wanted to see a full blown snowstorm...severely disappointed. Didn't watch any of the Cowboys/Rams. Watched about 2 seconds of Pats/Chargers. Watched most of the 2nd half of Eagles/Saints. Still trying to figure out why the Eagles ran the play with time running down to 2 minute warning. If they were on their own 30, I could see it, but they were on the Saints 30. Just would have given Brees an extra 30 seconds if necessary at the end..... Of course Alshon's hands failed the entire city of brotherly love.....but all in all, not a bad defense of the super bowl title.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

    Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

    wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

    Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

  9. SymphonicMetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,192
    Bench Bucks
    2,010
    Bench Points
    118
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #54
    Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    I watched the KC/Indy game, just because I wanted to see a full blown snowstorm...severely disappointed. Didn't watch any of the Cowboys/Rams. Watched about 2 seconds of Pats/Chargers. Watched most of the 2nd half of Eagles/Saints. Still trying to figure out why the Eagles ran the play with time running down to 2 minute warning. If they were on their own 30, I could see it, but they were on the Saints 30. Just would have given Brees an extra 30 seconds if necessary at the end..... Of course Alshon's hands failed the entire city of brotherly love.....but all in all, not a bad defense of the super bowl title.
    That is almost exactly the amount of each game I watched this weekend. And I was motivated also by the huge snowstorm they were talking about 30 minutes before the Chiefs/Colts kickoff. I was sorely disappointed in that lack of snow for that game.

    I was shocked when the Eagles snapped the ball right before the 2 minute warning. The announcer had just said they would definitely let it go to the 2 minute warning so Brees would have less time. I wonder if that move was a coaching decision or a quarterback one? That play reminded me very much of the ill fated Seahawks pass play against the Pats on the goal line a few Super Bowls ago with time running out. Both plays left me wondering what had just happened?!?!

    The Lakers suffered a horrible loss last night losing to the Cavs at home who were in the midst of a 12 game losing streak. One of the analysts on the NBA channel said that only 2 players looked like they cared during the game........Kuzma and Hart. The rest looked bored according to the analyst. The way the Lakers have played without LeBron does show that the decision to go to LA had very little to do with basketball and more to do with off the court interests. No one would join that crew if they were making a basketball decision

  10. Boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Legacy Member from Loudonville, New York
    Posts
    5,077
    Bench Bucks
    3,626
    Bench Points
    621
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to collectorskip's ebay items


    #55
    # 1 Duke loses to unranked Syracuse, at Cameron! WOW! Granted, Duke had two key players out, but still...
    And Virginia puts a whippin on Va. Tech.
    Looks like a shakeup in the rankings is a coming.
    Boots
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

    Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

  11. SymphonicMetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,192
    Bench Bucks
    2,010
    Bench Points
    118
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    # 1 Duke loses to unranked Syracuse, at Cameron! WOW! Granted, Duke had two key players out, but still...
    And Virginia puts a whippin on Va. Tech.
    Looks like a shakeup in the rankings is a coming.
    Boots
    And the University of Buffalo beat Syracuse by double digits in the Dome a month ago and were the FAVORITES in the game. Who would have ever imagined that??

    I'm sure you saw that halftime buzzer beater by Syracuse in the Duke game. That was incredible!

  12. Boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Legacy Member from Loudonville, New York
    Posts
    5,077
    Bench Bucks
    3,626
    Bench Points
    621
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to collectorskip's ebay items


    #57
    I DID see that shot! U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E !!!!
    U of B handily beat the Orange. The Bulls: our new # 1!! LOL
    Boots
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    And the University of Buffalo beat Syracuse by double digits in the Dome a month ago and were the FAVORITES in the game. Who would have ever imagined that??

    I'm sure you saw that halftime buzzer beater by Syracuse in the Duke game. That was incredible!
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

    Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

  13. SymphonicMetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,192
    Bench Bucks
    2,010
    Bench Points
    118
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I DID see that shot! U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E !!!!
    U of B handily beat the Orange. The Bulls: our new # 1!! LOL
    Boots
    It is weird that three Western New York colleges have put out prominent NBA players but University of Buffalo is not one of them. Niagara had Hall of Famer Calvin Murphy, St Bonaventure had Hall of Famer Bob Lanier, Buffalo State had Hall of Very Good Randy Smith but UB, who is the largest school of the four, has none I am aware of. I don't know if they have ever produced an NBA player at all.

  14. Boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Legacy Member from Loudonville, New York
    Posts
    5,077
    Bench Bucks
    3,626
    Bench Points
    621
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to collectorskip's ebay items


    #59
    That is a weird anomaly.
    Now, Randy Smith... Before Buffalo State he went to Bellport High School on Long Island, where my Mom worked! She had only great things to say about him. While he is not in the class of Murphy or Lanier, he was one heck of a good player. I wonder if he had played on better/different teams (read: teams in bigger market) would his career have turned out differently?
    Boots
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    It is weird that three Western New York colleges have put out prominent NBA players but University of Buffalo is not one of them. Niagara had Hall of Famer Calvin Murphy, St Bonaventure had Hall of Famer Bob Lanier, Buffalo State had Hall of Very Good Randy Smith but UB, who is the largest school of the four, has none I am aware of. I don't know if they have ever produced an NBA player at all.
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

    Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

  15. SymphonicMetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,192
    Bench Bucks
    2,010
    Bench Points
    118
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    That is a weird anomaly.
    Now, Randy Smith... Before Buffalo State he went to Bellport High School on Long Island, where my Mom worked! She had only great things to say about him. While he is not in the class of Murphy or Lanier, he was one heck of a good player. I wonder if he had played on better/different teams (read: teams in bigger market) would his career have turned out differently?
    Boots
    I had no idea where Randy Smith was from but I always remembered he went to Buff State which is not known for sports as far as I know. He played on those really good Buffalo Braves teams with Bob McAdoo, Ernie DiGregorio and Gar Heard. He had tremendous athleticism being able to play forward at only 6'3" when needed. I always remember he was a top flight triple jumper and was considered the fastest man in the NBA for quite some time. He would have been the 1970s version of Russell Westbrook when talking about superior athleticism and being fairly small by NBA standards. When he got loose in the open court it was look the Hell out!!

    Those Braves teams he was on were very good but the Celtics and Bullets always seemed to be in the way.

    I did not know he held the New York State high school high jump record at 6'6". That does not sound that high now but he did that in the mid 1960s with antiquated training techniques and nutrition compared to today. He also held the "Iron man streak" of most consecutive games played in the NBA. Very sad when he died off a heart attack several years ago at the relatively young age of 60.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •