Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Have forgotten to bring the following up over the past couple of days - I blame work for killing all my fun and free time......

Adnan Virk fired from ESPN for leaking details of Baseball Tonight's demise. He was one of the few guys left at ESPN that I actually enjoyed. Even more important, there is no more Baseball Tonight, not that I watched it anymore, most of my info came from MLB Network.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Sean Taylor

Go to hollamv7's ebay items
    Go to Rabs's comc items

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    Have forgotten to bring the following up over the past couple of days - I blame work for killing all my fun and free time......

Adnan Virk fired from ESPN for leaking details of Baseball Tonight's demise. He was one of the few guys left at ESPN that I actually enjoyed. Even more important, there is no more Baseball Tonight, not that I watched it anymore, most of my info came from MLB Network.
    I hardly ever watch ESPN anymore. MLB Network for baseball. NFL Network for football. I'm covered.
    -Brian Orakpo, Sean Taylor, and Craig Kimbrel Super Collector!
    -Collect Braves (Acuna/Albies/Camargo/Freeman/Pache/Riley/Wright/Soroka/Touki among others), Mike Trout, Blake Snell 2016, Matt Chapman 2017 Update/Chrome Update, Roger Federer.

https://sportscardalbum.com/u/rabs - use the drop down box to look through all my albums

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

The Ravens trade Joe Flacco to the Broncos - turning the keys to the car over to Lamar Jackson. Sure hope they have a better gameplan next year than have him drop back and than scramble.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    The Ravens trade Joe Flacco to the Broncos - turning the keys to the car over to Lamar Jackson. Sure hope they have a better gameplan next year than have him drop back and than scramble.
    I guess the Ravens are getting a 4th round pick in return. I'd guess the big plus for the Ravens would be the salary dump. I'm not too sure about banking on Jackson as a franchise QB though. We shall see.

The Lakers suffered yet another horrible loss last night to Atlanta. I saw a few highlights last night and Trae Young was driving past LBJ like he was standing still on multiple occasions. I was legitimately shocked when I realized it was LeBron who was on him in these clips.

I think the only win for the Knicks since early December was at the Lakers a few weeks ago. The LeBronless Lakers in that case, but the Lakers nonetheless

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    I guess the Ravens are getting a 4th round pick in return. I'd guess the big plus for the Ravens would be the salary dump. I'm not too sure about banking on Jackson as a franchise QB though. We shall see.

The Lakers suffered yet another horrible loss last night to Atlanta. I saw a few highlights last night and Trae Young was driving past LBJ like he was standing still on multiple occasions. I was legitimately shocked when I realized it was LeBron who was on him in these clips.

I think the only win for the Knicks since early December was at the Lakers a few weeks ago. The LeBronless Lakers in that case, but the Lakers nonetheless
    And the Knicks get a win against that same hapless Hawks team last night......Giving up trying...gotta get Zion!

Saw that the Lakers need to go something like 19-7 over the 2nd half of the season to get to 48 wins which was the 8th seed win total in the West last year. I don't see it happening, especially since they are going to have one of the toughest schedules going forward.

AD hurts his shoulder last night....who didn't see that coming. All Star appearance is now in question - bring in Rudy Gobert - he truly seemed like he actually wanted to go!

Does Elway have any ability to pick a QB to lead the Broncos?? Manning fell into his lap, other than that, it has been a trainwreck. The Ravens get the gift of the Steelers stars imploding, so it may work out for a year or two for them with Lamar as he learns to be less dependent on the run.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Caught the 1st half of All Star game last night. The Curry to Greek Freak bounced Oop pass was sick! Could have turned it off right there and walked away happy. Didn't realize that 90% of LeBrons team were FA's at the end of this year - funny how those things work out. I know it won't happen, but would laugh and laugh if none of them end up on the Lakers.

Also, I guess NASCAR kicked off yesterday with the Daytona 500 -- had no clue that it was even coming up, let alone on.....

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Carolina. Duke. Tonight!

This will be the 59th time (I think) that these two teams have met while both are in the Top 10. Next highest total of such meetings is 14, and that is UNC/NC State.

Hands down the best rivalry in college hoops and quite possibly in sports today - especially since there is only a 12 mile separation of campuses.

$2,500 is currently the lowest ticket price to be found...reports have tickets being purchased for $10k.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to collectorskip's ebay items

Tobacco Road, Baby!
    Should be a fun game; hope UNC brings its A game.
    While I'm a Duke fan (I know your disdain, Katester!) I'll be a bit torn as my friend's son plays for UNC.
    Those ticket prices are WILD! Hope the game lives up to it.
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Tobacco Road, Baby!
    Should be a fun game; hope UNC brings its A game.
    While I'm a Duke fan (I know your disdain, Katester!) I'll be a bit torn as my friend's son plays for UNC.
    Those ticket prices are WILD! Hope the game lives up to it.
    Forgot about that...I should have messaged you to see if your friend could get me tickets when I was down there over Xmas!!!!

Tough break for Duke losing Zion a minute into the game, but how do you lose by 16 when Carolina shoots 10% from 3 point land and you still have Jones/Reddish/Barrett on the floor??? My humble opinion is that Coach K, just flat out can't coach! Their defense was atrocious, the Heels just owned them in the paint. No one on the Devils outside of Barrett or Reddish did anything offensively.

Biggest shock was that the refs actually sacked up and called 4 offensive fouls against the Devils AT Cameron...that never happens. The win at Virginia for the Devils a week ago is looking more like an anomaly now, based on how good their 3 point shooting was for that game.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

[QUOTE=katester44;3869089
    Biggest shock was that the refs actually sacked up and called 4 offensive fouls against the Devils AT Cameron...that never happens. [/QUOTE]

Something squirrelly was going on if Duke was on the short end of any black/charge calls at Cameron or anywhere else.

You can call me a conspiracy theorist (because I actually am) but I have a bad feeling the Lakers, after losing out on A.D. are going to tank the rest of the season, miss the playoffs by a hair, get into the lottery and somehow end up with the overall #1 pick which would team up LBJ and Zion. I swear, I can just see the NBA setting that up somehow. Then they could create a super team when one of the big free agents signs with them this off season.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I'm not a Jim Boeheim fan by any means but I do feel badly for him that he struck and killed a man in the road while trying to avoid the one car accident the victim was in. The person's car was disabled in the middle of I-690 and Boeheim swerved to miss the car and hitting the driver who was out of the vehicle. Knowing thjat particular road, I can easily see where that could happen.

I-690 is a pretty dicey road as it is and I'm pretty sure Syracuse had the same ice storm we had about an hour South of there which would really make it bad.. Where the accident happened tends to be the least dicey part of that road but in bad weather there seems to be a lot of really bad accidents on that particular stretch. I'm not sure if it is because it is a long straightaway or it is out in the open and tends to ice over quickly.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

Nice win by North Carolina over Duke! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

Kraft in trouble with the law! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Sad day reading the Boston Globe this morning and Nick Carfado's weekly column was filled with tributes to him. As long as I can remember, that column (and the funnies of course) are the must reads out of every weeks Sunday newspaper. Of course it has been a must read for the last 40+ years for me, with Peter Gammons preceding him in that space, and Leigh Montville before him (maybe?).

Scott
    47,607 different Red Sox and counting!

Huge Red Sox Want List

Trade lists

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to collectorskip's ebay items

Sad that a guy who seemed to be a good owner and had built a real dynasty gets into this kind of mess.
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.