Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to kirbyfan11's ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Incredible display of ineptitude in the bottom of the 5th of last night's Mets-Twins game. Twins' pitchers walked six and hit one batter, all in a row and without recording an out, throwing 19 balls in the span of 21 pitches! And Met Jeff McNeill contributed by getting picked off third base when the Mets had bases loaded and one out, however he was rescued by the inability of the Stinkies bullpen to throw a strike."Just didn't have my stuff" said Stinkies reliever Andrew Vasquez. YA THINK???
    Was listening to this game on Sirrius XM on my way into work Wednesday night. Was on the Mets radio feed and the announcers were saying that the Twins were celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Major League being released. I could almost hear Harry Doyle "Ball 4. Ball 8, Ball 12..." It just kept getting worse. Hard to believe that Odorizzi had a no no going into that inning. And you skip that disaster the Twins win the ball game. Ugh
    "Tomorrow isn't promised to any of us"Kirby Puckett at his retirement speech July 16th 1996

Kirby Puckett Haves 301/2363 12.73 %

Autograph's of Players seen in person 121/969 12.48%

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

Tiger Woods win Augusta National! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Contest for Cal Ripken Jr. auto has been posted!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Sean Taylor

Go to hollamv7's ebay items
    Go to Rabs's comc items

Tiger outplayed everyone today and deserved to win. Fitting it was at the Masters. I always thought his best chance to win again would be there.
    -Brian Orakpo, Sean Taylor, and Craig Kimbrel Super Collector!
    -Collect Braves (Acuna/Albies/Camargo/Freeman/Pache/Riley/Wright/Soroka/Touki among others), Mike Trout, Blake Snell 2016, Matt Chapman 2017 Update/Chrome Update, Roger Federer.

https://sportscardalbum.com/u/rabs - use the drop down box to look through all my albums

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Words can not show how cool it was to see Tiger win another major. Especially being that it was The Masters - Augusta National. The hug with his kids and his mom and the CBS flashback to the hug with his father immediately after winning the same tourney in 1997. Just very cool stuff!!

The tournament doesn't start until the back 9 on Sunday....4 of the 6 players in the last 2 groups rinsed balls in Rae's Creek at #12. Molinari followed that up by rinsing another one on 15. Koepka and DJ missing putts on 18 that would have forced Tiger to make par, rather than bogey.

The worst part about all of it was that they started early due to weather concerns and I didn't get to tune in until I got in the car on the way back from a baseball tournament and had to listen to an hour on the radio and flopped on the couch and flipped the TV on to see Tigers tee shot on 16 rolling down the slope of the green heading straight for the hole.

Tiger now has 15 majors...3 short of Jack. Tiger now has 80 career victories (believe I am correct on that), 2 short of catching Sam Snead. The PGA next month is at Bethpage Black - where Tiger won a US Open. The US Open in July is at Pebble Beach - where Tiger boatraced the field by 12 to win a US Open. He contended late into the day on Sunday last year at both the British and the PGA.

I am absolutely hoping that he contends in all 3 remaining majors and wins at least one more this year....

If he wins at Bethpage and gets halfway to the Grand Slam -- sports talk radio will go insane!!
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

3 major short of Jack.....Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Contest for Cal Ripken Jr. auto has been posted!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

The most impressive thing about Tiger winning the Masters is that he knocked the Laker's discussion off national sports talk radio for at least 24 hours. This is much more impressive than actually winning the tournament as the Lakers are the constant topic on NSTR even though they have been eliminated from the playoffs for well over a month!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to collectorskip's ebay items

Incredible comeback last night by the Clippers against, of all teams, the Warriors! Greatest playoff comeback in NBA history.
    Down 31 points the Clippers outscored the Warriors on a 72-37 run.
    And to add insult to injury, Boogie cousins tears a quad and is gone for ther remainder of the playoffs!
    Any Warrior doomsayers out there?
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Sean Taylor

Go to hollamv7's ebay items
    Go to Rabs's comc items

The Lightning just got swept in four games in the first round of the NHL playoffs after having the second best record EVER in the regular season. Has to go down as one of the biggest upsets in hockey history.
    -Brian Orakpo, Sean Taylor, and Craig Kimbrel Super Collector!
    -Collect Braves (Acuna/Albies/Camargo/Freeman/Pache/Riley/Wright/Soroka/Touki among others), Mike Trout, Blake Snell 2016, Matt Chapman 2017 Update/Chrome Update, Roger Federer.

https://sportscardalbum.com/u/rabs - use the drop down box to look through all my albums

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to collectorskip's ebay items

IIRC, this is the first time a President's Cup winner has been swept in the first round. And the first playoff series that the Blue Jackets have ever won.
    A night for brooms: Islanders sweep the Pens!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabs View Post
    The Lightning just got swept in four games in the first round of the NHL playoffs after having the second best record EVER in the regular season. Has to go down as one of the biggest upsets in hockey history.
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    The most impressive thing about Tiger winning the Masters is that he knocked the Laker's discussion off national sports talk radio for at least 24 hours. This is much more impressive than actually winning the tournament as the Lakers are the constant topic on NSTR even though they have been eliminated from the playoffs for well over a month!
    Wasn't for long though.....Walton fired..and than hired by the Kings. Will Pelinka go? Will Klutch Sports (I mean the Lakers) bring in Lue?? Will they bring in their own GM? A LOT of agents are saying they don't want to send their clients to LA if the entire organization is going to be run by LeBron and his guys. I am honestly shocked that the Lakers haven't just dealt LeBron away at this point to get rid of the headache.

IIRC, this is the first time a President's Cup winner has been swept in the first round. And the first playoff series that the Blue Jackets have ever won.
    A night for brooms: Islanders sweep the Pens!
    No Flyers..no playoff hockey for me!! Although I will say that the Pens losing will make life in the neighborhood, so much easier. Now if only the Caps would follow them out.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Loved the little tussle in the White Sox/Royals game. Randall Grichuk had it right - too many over the top celebrations for non moment moments - act like you have done it before. You hit a walk off HR in the 10th inning, flip that bat 20 feet in the air and admire it a bit. You hit a HR in the 2nd inning and flip your bat 30 feet towards your dugout - the next pitch should be right in your gluteus maximus. Not sure why Anderson got so bent, the pitch was nowhere near his hands or head - it was right at his butt. No intent to injure, just send a message.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

10th home run by Cody Bellinger! Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    10th home run by Cody Bellinger! Best regards, David
    I will make sure to keep him away from my fantasy team...Just had another guy head to the DL yesterday....

Speaking of the DL - don't talk much WNBA here, but Breanna Stewart ruptured her Achilles playing a game in the Russian League and will miss the entire WNBA season.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

He leads in Batting ave....tied in home runs.......leads in RBI.....Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Jacob deGrom starts tonight for the Metroplitans against the Twins seeking to set the MLB record for consecutive quality starts. As the baseball gods would have it, having just tied Bob Gibson's record of 26 such starts, he seeks to break it against Gibson - Kyle, that is!
    And there you go....DeGrom now on 10 day DL with an elbow issue. Now up to 8 members of my squad on the DL - including my 1st and 2nd round picks....

Kirby Puckett havelist: