Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

Let the games begin tomorrow! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to collectorskip's ebay items

Duke beats Virginia! good game, but geesh, can anyone make a free throw anymore?
    Boots
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

Congratulations to the Los Angeles Ram! Winning in overtime 23 to 20 over the Saints! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Kansas City looks like they have no idea how to solve New England in the 1st half. It is only 14-0 but feels like 50-0.
    1975 Topps Minis: 342/660 51% complete
    1972 Topps: 757/787 96% complete
    1971 Topps: 658/752 87% complete
    1960 Topps: 499/572 87% complete

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Patriot dynasty continues to roll. Third year in a row in the Super Bowl.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Patriot dynasty continues to roll. Third year in a row in the Super Bowl.
    I always root against the Pats but I do have a grudging admiration for them. They truly are the all time greatest NFL dynasty. The have the GOAT at QB and at coach and all other parts are interchangeable.

Once the Texans lost to the Eagles late in the season and gave up the 2 seed to NE, I had a bad feeling they were going to be the AFC representative in the Super Bowl and I was sadly correct.

The two plays that determined those two games were the non call against the Rams for PI. At that point the Saints just had to take a few knees and kick a chip shot FG for the win. Granted they still had to make the kick but odd were heavily in their favor to be successful.

And the Chief who lined up offside nullifying the interception with a little less than 2 minutes left was the other key play. Talk about an unforced error! Stuff like that separates the Pats from the rest of the NFL. They would never make a mistake like that in the clutch.

Next year it'll be 50 years since the Chiefs were in the Super Bowl and as great as they looked this year, there is no guarantee they will return ias the 2019 SFC representative.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    I always root against the Pats but I do have a grudging admiration for them. They truly are the all time greatest NFL dynasty. The have the GOAT at QB and at coach and all other parts are interchangeable.

Once the Texans lost to the Eagles late in the season and gave up the 2 seed to NE, I had a bad feeling they were going to be the AFC representative in the Super Bowl and I was sadly correct.

The two plays that determined those two games were the non call against the Rams for PI. At that point the Saints just had to take a few knees and kick a chip shot FG for the win. Granted they still had to make the kick but odd were heavily in their favor to be successful.

And the Chief who lined up offside nullifying the interception with a little less than 2 minutes left was the other key play. Talk about an unforced error! Stuff like that separates the Pats from the rest of the NFL. They would never make a mistake like that in the clutch.

Next year it'll be 50 years since the Chiefs were in the Super Bowl and as great as they looked this year, there is no guarantee they will return ias the 2019 SFC representative.
    We have a LOT of New England fans in this area, but I have historically disliked them. As Big Blue fan I was nothing short of ecstatic when we beat the Pats not once, but twice in the SB. (You can call it "luck", "freak plays" or whatever you want, it does not change the scoreboard at the end of the game). Nonetheless, I have come to a grudging respect for their organization. Every year they seem to be able to plug one or two or three (or more) guys who are "nobodies" in and they produce and win. That shows me that coaching and player management is more important than many give them credit for.
    The Rams win was heavily tainted by the non-call on PI. There wasn't even a referee conference after the play to re-consider. A travesty of a way to lose.
    Boots

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Sean Taylor

Go to hollamv7's ebay items
    Go to Rabs's comc items

Every year they seem to be able to plug one or two or three (or more) guys who are "nobodies" in and they produce and win. That shows me that coaching and player management is more important than many give them credit for.
    This 100%. This is what makes the team great year after year. Brady gets all the credit usually because he's the QB. Brady doesn't play defense. Brady doesn't create the gameplan to stop the other team and exploit the weakness. I could go on and on. Yes Brady is great as much as I dislike him, but Belichick is the force that makes the team great. So many no name players like you said that get cut or don't make it on other teams come to New England and excel. All a product of the amazing Belichick system.

More on Brady...he is probably the most immobile QB in the NFL yet never gets sacked (didn't last night and didn't against the Chargers I don't think). It's incredible how well the o-line and RBs block for him. If you notice many of his passes are to RBs or across the middle because these are safe, high percentage throws. They also allow him to get the ball out faster than most other teams do which means he never gets hit/sacked. If you saw Mahomes last night he was constantly pressured and rolling out of the pocket making crazy plays (much like Rodgers). How many times does Brady do this? Never. System is perfect for him and his skill set. Again, what makes Belichick the best. If you pressure Brady he is not very good which is very evident when it happens and is why the Pats have lost those SBs (especially the Giants). But again it is so hard to do even when you blitz because the line/RBs pick it up and he knows he can get rid of the ball before taking a sack.
    -Brian Orakpo, Sean Taylor, and Craig Kimbrel Super Collector!
    -I also collect Lucky 13 Football RCs by Fleer Ultra (04-07 all versions)
    -Also like current Redskins and Braves (Acuna/Albies/Camargo etc.), Mike Trout, Blake Snell, Roger Federer.

https://sportscardalbum.com/u/rabs - use the drop down box to look through all my albums

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

We have a LOT of New England fans in this area, but I have historically disliked them. As Big Blue fan I was nothing short of ecstatic when we beat the Pats not once, but twice in the SB. (You can call it "luck", "freak plays" or whatever you want, it does not change the scoreboard at the end of the game).
    Boots
    I don't think the Giants were any luckier or greater beneficiaries of freak plays than the Pats have been over the years. (the tuck rule, the Seattle and Atlanta coaching decisions in recent Super Bowls). The Giants matched up well against the Pats in those two SBs much like the Rams may be with Donald and Suh. I actually think the Rams may have a better shot at the Pats than the Saints would have. The Saints have struggled mightily in the last month or two and after seeing their coach's very questionable decisions yesterday, the Rams may be the better matchup. His decision making was horrible in that Rams game. And remember the Saints were lucky to get by the Nick Foles led Eagles at home last week so they have not been any dynamo as of late.

The experts always say Beichek takes away the #1 option on the opponents offense and he sure did that with Tyreke Hill yesterday. Hill had 1 catch for 42 yards and zero rushing attempts. He may not be their most frequent option but he is the Chief's most dangerous one and he seemed not to even be in the game.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Well, the Chiefs start the head rolling by 86'ing their defensive coordinator, making him the first culprit of the dashing of their Super Bowl dreams.
    Boots