1990 CMC Minor League

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mm1sub

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I was at a flea market and I bought 8 unopened boxes of 1990 CMC Minor League cards. I paid 5.00 for all 8 boxes and sometimes I wonder why I do these things. I opened up all 8 boxes (which was actually kind of fun, I have to admit). After sorting through all these cards, which feature tons of players no one has ever heard of, I am pretty close to having a complete 880 card set. I was wondering if anybody remembers these and if anyone has any for trade or sale. I am missing the following numbers:

80,119,132,143,196,214,222,238,280,281,319,432,434,452,499,552,555,595,649,658,660,661,671,678

I have tons left over so if anybody needs an extra Jose Mota let me know.

Thanks,

Bryon

I was at a flea market and I bought 8 unopened boxes of 1990 CMC Minor League cards. I paid 5.00 for all 8 boxes and sometimes I wonder why I do these things.

UGh! I WISH i had bought mine at that price! I paid a fortune for a case of these "Back in the day" thinking there were going to be tons of HOFers in them. It was one of the painful lessons I learned in sports cards which led me to not buying any current products since 1992! For every Mike Trout I missed, I avoided a hundred Milt Cuylers.

I too put together s set of these (yep, I'm that guy) and I think there are some misnumbered cards in that set. I'll check my set and see if there are any numbering errors. Trading Card database does not show any but I'm pretty sure there are.....600 and 661 seem to ring a bell. But we'll see.

I dumped all the commons I had for this set but did keep some of the bigger named players. I'll see if you need any of those and get back to you. I may even have a handful of commons around here someplace. We shall see.

That being said, I would have bought those 8 boxes for $5 even today. At least it would have lowered the average price I paid for a box of these things! LMAO

Well all the numbers you need are commons. So common in fact their own mamas don't even want their cards!!

One thing I ddi find out is there are 2 number 660 cards and no #661. (Good memory by me!) .660 is Mario Brito and the card numbered 660 that is supposed to be #661 is Brian Barnes. You'll have to update your want lists showing you need 2 different 660s with the player's names on the want list.

Well all the numbers you need are commons. So common in fact their own mamas don't even want their cards!!

One thing I ddi find out is there are 2 number 660 cards and no #661. (Good memory by me!) .660 is Mario Brito and the card numbered 660 that is supposed to be #661 is Brian Barnes. You'll have to update your want lists showing you need 2 different 660s with the player's names on the want list.

Thanks for the info!! I have the other numbering erros but do not have either one of those.

I have these from your want list:
432 434 452
LMK if you can hit on anything below:

I don't suppose you have a 1990 CMC # 17 JUAN GONZALEZ Oklahoma City 89ers to trade? Or David Justive? Or 1990 CMC Rochester #5 CURT SHILLING?

I have these from your want list:
432 434 452
LMK if you can hit on anything below:

I don't suppose you have a 1990 CMC # 17 JUAN GONZALEZ Oklahoma City 89ers to trade? Or David Justive? Or 1990 CMC Rochester #5 CURT SHILLING?

I have the Juan Gonzalez from this set for sure. I can trade the Gonzalez for the three you have for me. If that works go ahead and post it up. I will also check for the Schilling and Justice and if I have those I will throw them in also but I have to check and see if I have them.

Bryon

I have the Juan Gonzalez from this set for sure. I can trade the Gonzalez for the three you have for me. If that works go ahead and post it up. I will also check for the Schilling and Justice and if I have those I will throw them in also but I have to check and see if I have them.

Bryon

That would be great, would love to have the other 2 as well, PLMK what you find.... thanks, Rooster.

That would be great, would love to have the other 2 as well, PLMK what you find.... thanks, Rooster.

I have two Gonzalez, one Schilling and one Justice. Can you add one insert from 2018 Topps and the other three I need for the four I have for you? If so go ahead and post it up.

Thanks,

Bryon

I have two Gonzalez, one Schilling and one Justice. Can you add one insert from 2018 Topps and the other three I need for the four I have for you? If so go ahead and post it up.

Thanks,

Bryon

Hey Bryon,
Sounds good, what 2018 insert are you looking for? LMK & I'll post it all up. Thanks, Rooster.