The Green Book terrific
    Jack
    RIP GONZOFAN2
    FANATIC Glavine collector and collect Irod-Jackie-Ted
    Now a GOLDEN EAGLE 50+ yrs out of BC

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Yeah guys keep putting money in Quentin Tarentino's pockets. "Mr Violence" himself who probably has never been in a fist fight in his life just loves him some over the top violence as long as he is not on the receiving end of it.

"Mr Violence" by his own admission knew about Harvey Weinstein's actions with women and did absolutely nothing about it. I'm surprised Mr Violence did not take matters into his own hands and deal with Harvey like the actors in his movies do. The link below tells the story.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ore-than-i-did

Oh I forgot, if people here on The Bench are fans of certain people you are not allowed to be critical of them no matter their actions or n this case the lack of action. Sorry about that

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The Green Book terrific
    Jack
    Is this the Viggo Mortensen chauffeur movie?

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    Yeah guys keep putting money in Quentin Tarentino's pockets. "Mr Violence" himself who probably has never been in a fist fight in his life just loves him some over the top violence as long as he is not on the receiving end of it.

"Mr Violence" by his own admission knew about Harvey Weinstein's actions with women and did absolutely nothing about it. I'm surprised Mr Violence did not take matters into his own hands and deal with Harvey like the actors in his movies do. The link below tells the story.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ore-than-i-did

Oh I forgot, if people here on The Bench are fans of certain people you are not allowed to be critical of them no matter their actions or n this case the lack of action. Sorry about that
    Based on that statement - pretty sure 95-99% of Hollywood would be unwatchable. As with just about everything else in this world, it is lie & deny to cover your own best interests.

More importantly, just watched Captain Marvel this evening. Not my favorite movie of the current Marvel Universe, but it was entertaining and enjoyable. Much like Guardians of the Galaxy, the soundtrack hit it out of the park. Just a Girl (No Doubt) was the perfect song for her discovery of power and butt kicking scene. How Fury lost his eye is an amazingly dramatic reveal.... And of course the first end credit scene, led right into the next movie in line - End Game. Hope I didn't spoil anything for anyone, but I am kind of assuming I am the last person on the planet that wanted to see the movie but hadn't.

Secondary thought - based on Captain Marvel's powers, I can see how Dark Phoenix never really got any traction. It was a very similar character in terms of powers and just didn't seem like the Phoenix story was told as well.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Well the one thing I'll say for "Mr. Violence" is he may disappear when he had knowledge of actual sexual assault but when It comes to smearing a 13 year old rape victim he has all kinds of boldness.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...tim/322091002/

Yeah Polanski's sex with a 13 year old was not rape because "she wanted it" according to Mr. Violence who was trying to be edgey for Howard Stern's audience. Of course he was a mere youth of 40 years old at the time so youthful ignorance was certainly at play here. But then when he hit his mid 50s he saw the error of his ways...........errr....I mean the interview came to light...........and he "apologized" because he was sorry .......errr...... I mean he got exposed.

Yeah, no problem with this cat. Other people do similar things too. And no one puts out erotically arousing ultra violent flicks like he does.

One thing I'll say for the apoologists of this guy is that they draw the line for stuff like this at 12 years old. If the girl was 12 then look the Hell out for Tarentino fan 'cause that is when they put their foot down!!!!

Can't wait for his new film on Manson. I'm sure after 50 years there will be nothing new about these murders in the film but the over the top violence will give his audience a thrill I am sure.
    Last edited by SymphonicMetal; 07-07-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

yes
    jACK
    RIP GONZOFAN2
    FANATIC Glavine collector and collect Irod-Jackie-Ted
    Now a GOLDEN EAGLE 50+ yrs out of BC

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I went to see Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and am not afraid to be judged for it. He did a very good job of taking a historical event and adding fictional characters much like a James Michener novel. I did like it. I also took two 6 y/o to see the Lion King. That did not go well, after 20 min. I took them home they were so happy to leave. My guess was part of it maybe the soundtrack. I thought it was like playing hard rock in church. It looked like it played well with adults.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to sak0309's ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by budd2222 View Post
    I went to see Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and am not afraid to be judged for it. He did a very good job of taking a historical event and adding fictional characters much like a James Michener novel. I did like it. I also took two 6 y/o to see the Lion King. That did not go well, after 20 min. I took them home they were so happy to leave. My guess was part of it maybe the soundtrack. I thought it was like playing hard rock in church. It looked like it played well with adults.
    I saw Once Upon a Time last week and really enjoyed it. I especially liked the Brad Pitt character and his extended scene at Spahn Ranch.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Finally able to see Avengers:End Game -- way late to the party, as per the usual!

Absolutely love the way they wrapped it up and yet left it open to as many sequels as they could possibly want! Thinking that Fat Thor was my favorite part of the whole thing. Bummed about who won't be rejoining them in the future..unless Dr. Strange has more tricks up his sleeves.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Jo Jo Rabbit a comedy about being a Natzi movie is now out. I will not watch it, but was interested in seeing if anyone thought it would be alright. I don't see any reason to make that group into anything but what they were dregs of humanity.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I went and saw Joker a couple weeks ago and thought it was absolutely horrible. It was more about mental health and the usual "rich people bad" play. I am tired of going to a movie and getting a political statement.
    1975 Topps Minis: 362/660 55% complete
    1972 Topps: 762/787 97% complete
    1971 Topps: 678/752 90% complete
    1960 Topps: 500/572 87% complete

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

Quote Originally Posted by mm1sub View Post
    I went and saw Joker a couple weeks ago and thought it was absolutely horrible. It was more about mental health and the usual "rich people bad" play. I am tired of going to a movie and getting a political statement.
    Thanks for the review! Was thinking about going...instead will save money for the topps chrome updates!
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest (Dec 8/14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Its important to be a member in good standing! Sat contest for Pete Alonso auto 107/299 has been posted!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mm1sub View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    Thanks for the review! Was thinking about going...instead will save money for the topps chrome updates!
    Have heard mixed reviews on The Joker - I am passing on it, even for home viewing. Not much that has been released lately has any type of interest to me. Once I see Spiderman: Far From Home, I should be fully caught up on everything I need to see.

Like the call on using the saved $$ on more cards!

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

Waiting for a great movie....star wars?
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest (Dec 8/14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Its important to be a member in good standing! Sat contest for Pete Alonso auto 107/299 has been posted!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

The peanut butter falcon was pretty good
    "Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last...
    Tomorrow is Not Promised