Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    Thanks! I forgot the Visalia Rawhides! Plus drove by a stadium near Red Banks/sb north of Los Angeles. Best regards, David
    Surprised that you haven't been to Sacramento Rivercats...I liked it a little better than Fresno Grizzlies. You ever come on down south and want to visit a nice Single A ballpark, go to Lake Elsinore Storm, it is just like a Triple A park.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items

Quote Originally Posted by greatdadx2 View Post
    Surprised that you haven't been to Sacramento Rivercats...I liked it a little better than Fresno Grizzlies. You ever come on down south and want to visit a nice Single A ballpark, go to Lake Elsinore Storm, it is just like a Triple A park.
    Love walking and eating in San Francisco...majority of my vacations in SF....Lots of places to see, shop and eat ......all within walking distance (my workout)...Good Japanese food at the Dojima Ann on 219 O'Farrell St.....Don't have to dress up...and their salmon teriyaki is to die for! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest (Dec 8/14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Must be a member in good standing!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by schmidtfan View Post
    Agreed, thanks for the memory Boots. Would love to have seen the Polo Grounds with the crazy outfield dimensions.

A big regret of mine is that I seriously thought about flying to Detroit in the last year of Tigers Stadium just to see a game. Couldn't get any friends to go with me though, so I didn't make the trip. I think Gnep is the only one I've seen who saw a game there...
    I can share that regret pain with you! I missed my opportunity to hit Shea Stadium before it closed, and it was only a train ride. On the flip side, I got to see a game at Coors Field because I had a conference in Colorado Springs and was willing to fly into Denver and than drive the two hours rather than fly direct into Colorado Springs. Definitely worth it!!

Quote Originally Posted by 7timecy View Post
    AT&T is in my top 3, with the water and the back drop and the statues around the outside. I really liked eating at Pike's Market and then walking to Safeco.
    Didn't know we could rate them!!!!!

BEST:
    1 - PNC Park (Pittsburgh) nicest stadium I have been to, bar none.
    2 - Camden Yards (Baltimore) still a great place after all these years
    3 - Coors Field (Colorado) the centerfield backdrop was beautiful

WORST:
    1 - Fenway Park (Boston) the place may be shrine, but it is a hole. the seats are tiny and most face the wrong way. the breezeways are horribly small. if you sit in the rightfield area, the sun basically blinds you for two innings.....

2 - old Yankee Stadium (New York) - see above, but they have monument park

3 - Tropicana Dome (Tampa Bay) - just a soulless existence.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to gehrig99's ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    I can share that regret pain with you! I missed my opportunity to hit Shea Stadium before it closed, and it was only a train ride. On the flip side, I got to see a game at Coors Field because I had a conference in Colorado Springs and was willing to fly into Denver and than drive the two hours rather than fly direct into Colorado Springs. Definitely worth it!!

Didn't know we could rate them!!!!!

BEST:
    1 - PNC Park (Pittsburgh) nicest stadium I have been to, bar none.
    2 - Camden Yards (Baltimore) still a great place after all these years
    3 - Coors Field (Colorado) the centerfield backdrop was beautiful

WORST:
    1 - Fenway Park (Boston) the place may be shrine, but it is a hole. the seats are tiny and most face the wrong way. the breezeways are horribly small. if you sit in the rightfield area, the sun basically blinds you for two innings.....

2 - old Yankee Stadium (New York) - see above, but they have monument park

3 - Tropicana Dome (Tampa Bay) - just a soulless existence.
    I agree completely with your 3 on the worst list. Fenway has the outside atmosphere and the same with old Yankee so they wouldn't be my worst. So my top two worst are tied. Tropicana and what they call A's stadium. Those two are by the worst. I would love here here a debate on that.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I agree completely with your 3 on the worst list. Fenway has the outside atmosphere and the same with old Yankee so they wouldn't be my worst. So my top two worst are tied. Tropicana and what they call A's stadium. Those two are by the worst. I would love here here a debate on that.

If you are not in the 600 Club at Fenway, it is a brutal experience. But I agree, love being outside of Fenway on game day, it is such a different atmosphere from a place like Citizens Bank, where the stadium is off on its own little island and not part of the city. The Trop - if you are a heckler, it is great, because all 5,671 people in attendance can hear everything you say. Big plus is that the beer lines are very, very short!

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to gehrig99's ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by greatdadx2 View Post
    I went to a Storm game over the summer. Nice park but come one, upgrade the scoreboard!!!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I went to a Storm game over the summer. Nice park but come one, upgrade the scoreboard!!!
    Didn't hit any minor league games this year...no time in the schedule.

On the positive side, my son got to add 3 new MLB Parks to his list (5 total now) -- Camden Yards/Citizens Bank/Nationals Stadium. And Nationals Stadium was added to my list.

Not sure where we are going next year - thinking it will either be Fenway or a Detroit/Cincy combo.

Kirby Puckett havelist: