2008 YSL set needs (for Bench charity set)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Since it has been truly a long time since The Bench put out a public call for cards to finish up the 2008 YSL set and get it off to auction - now may be as good a time as any.

I don't remember seeing a thread in the trading section, is has always been in the Bench News area, where not everyone may visit on a regular basis. Several members have contributed much time, effort and money to make this set happen and I think we would like to see those efforts fulfilled with a completion of the set. For the many new traders who have come on board recently, for a history of what The Bench is doing, there is a dropdown in the blue menu bar.

We are down to the final two cards needed, so take a look in those shoeboxes of yours and lets see what we can do to wrap this set up and raise some money for charity.

Last two cards from the set are:
2105 (Yogi Berra), 4767 (Ron Guidry)

If I understood everything correctly, these two cards were part of stadium only giveaways in the Bronx - so if you went to Yankee Stadium in 2008/early 2009, take a look and see if you happened to get either of these two cards.

I Emailed Upper Deck this past week and told them our story. The wrote back and asked for our needed numbers. Got a reply Friday and they said sorry but they can't be any help to us.

If I understood everything correctly, these two cards were part of stadium only giveaways in the Bronx - so if you went to Yankee Stadium in 2008/early 2009, take a look and see if you happened to get either of these two cards.

i think that is incorrect ....from everything i found online while doing some research a few weeks (or maybe months by now) , the stadium giveaways were limited to a small promo set , not any of the actual cards in the full set....

i think that is incorrect ....from everything i found online while doing some research a few weeks (or maybe months by now) , the stadium giveaways were limited to a small promo set , not any of the actual cards in the full set....

That makes senses.....but the fact that 2105 or 4767 ....there should be lots of them. Best regards, David

That makes it even more maddening that they can't be found...

You know at one time we must have had those 2 cards , 2105 & 4767 .
Back in Aug. 2012 , The Upper Deck co. Gave us a write up and mentioned that we still need 5 cards, #'s 1256, 3189, 3364, 3413,3414 , which we don't need today ? I Don't know if the 2 cards were part of the damaged cards or what. If anyone like to see it, just lmk.
Leon

Leon