Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to none's ebay items
    Go to n/a's comc items

Help! Attack of the little baseball figures

Was going through some boxes of football cards when I happened upon these small 2 inch high at the most, little baseball players including an umpire. 9 players plus 1 ump. Was wondering if anyone knew what these were? Looks like they might be from a board game of some sort. No name or markings of any sort. Look to be solid hard rubber. Any help on what these are and where they came from would be great...Thank you!!!

20 minutes away from Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tglgtglg's ebay items

Could be from some sort of game or just play toys. Or, as I think we did it for our son, one of the local bakeries made a baseball cake for our son years and years ago, and they had small little figures like that that they used on the cake (cake toppers). Just a thought.
    Link to my trade list thread here on The Bench - http://www.thebenchtrading.com/showt...his?highlight=

My Hobby Collecting Goal - to finish my '98 Bowman's Best Master Set - so help me out if you have any Atomic Refractors or Autos. This set is the only true thing that I am still currently working on.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to none's ebay items
    Go to n/a's comc items

Quote Originally Posted by tglg View Post
    Could be from some sort of game or just play toys. Or, as I think we did it for our son, one of the local bakeries made a baseball cake for our son years and years ago, and they had small little figures like that that they used on the cake (cake toppers). Just a thought.
    Cake Toppers, that's a good idea. Did some research, looks like all the vintage cake toppers I came across had much larger bases so they stayed on top of the cake so they wouldn't move. These have very small bases. Good idea but I think they may be a toy or game piece...

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

They almost look like the figures in the old baseball arcade game. Having the umpire as part of the set helps lead me in that direction.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to none's ebay items
    Go to n/a's comc items

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    They almost look like the figures in the old baseball arcade game. Having the umpire as part of the set helps lead me in that direction.
    Not a bad thought...but these are just displayed with a little square "base" that keeps them standing. Wouldn't they need to be connected to the arcade game so that it could be automatically reset if they were knocked down?...or am I thinking of something totally different? Thx