Help! Attack of the little baseball figures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bonzomoretti

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Was going through some boxes of football cards when I happened upon these small 2 inch high at the most, little baseball players including an umpire. 9 players plus 1 ump. Was wondering if anyone knew what these were? Looks like they might be from a board game of some sort. No name or markings of any sort. Look to be solid hard rubber. Any help on what these are and where they came from would be great...Thank you!!!
DSC_0176a_zpsq651njom.jpg

DSC_0176b_zpsbozf0jp3.jpg
DSC_0180_zps3artvw7j.jpg
DSC_0179_zpsgg93ehlf.jpg
DSC_0178_zpshldryuj0.jpg

Could be from some sort of game or just play toys. Or, as I think we did it for our son, one of the local bakeries made a baseball cake for our son years and years ago, and they had small little figures like that that they used on the cake (cake toppers). Just a thought.

Could be from some sort of game or just play toys. Or, as I think we did it for our son, one of the local bakeries made a baseball cake for our son years and years ago, and they had small little figures like that that they used on the cake (cake toppers). Just a thought.

Cake Toppers, that's a good idea. Did some research, looks like all the vintage cake toppers I came across had much larger bases so they stayed on top of the cake so they wouldn't move. These have very small bases. Good idea but I think they may be a toy or game piece...

They almost look like the figures in the old baseball arcade game. Having the umpire as part of the set helps lead me in that direction.

They almost look like the figures in the old baseball arcade game. Having the umpire as part of the set helps lead me in that direction.

Not a bad thought...but these are just displayed with a little square "base" that keeps them standing. Wouldn't they need to be connected to the arcade game so that it could be automatically reset if they were knocked down?...or am I thinking of something totally different? Thx