Trick to save on shipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmidtfan

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hi all,

Just discovered a way to save on shipping large numbers of cards, and I thought I'd share.

I usually use the automatic kiosk to save time. Today, I wanted to send out a 400 count box, and it weighed a little over a pound. The only option the kiosk gave me was sending it out priority, for $13. So I went to the counter, and they told me to put the entire box in a medium flat rate envelope for $8. Even gave me the padded envelope for free. Doesn't look like that option is available at the kiosk.

The nice person at the post office said that she was still figuring out the crazy postage rates, for what it's worth.

Hope it helps someone save on shipping!

Thanks! May use this on a trade in progress!
Boots
Hi all,

Just discovered a way to save on shipping large numbers of cards, and I thought I'd share.

I usually use the automatic kiosk to save time. Today, I wanted to send out a 400 count box, and it weighed a little over a pound. The only option the kiosk gave me was sending it out priority, for $13. So I went to the counter, and they told me to put the entire box in a medium flat rate envelope for $8. Even gave me the padded envelope for free. Doesn't look like that option is available at the kiosk.

The nice person at the post office said that she was still figuring out the crazy postage rates, for what it's worth.

Hope it helps someone save on shipping!

The post offices don't have the medium rate envelopes normally they quit Manufacturing in 2013 for distribution to the post office if you order them from informed delivery they'll give you either 25 or 50 in a stack for free to the door just gold on the US Postal service's website and you can order those that's what I ship almost all my eBay purchases out in for the simple fact $8 as much as you can hack into the envelope you can pack a little bit over a thousand cards and two boxes into an envelope just sharing guys