Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

New Orleans! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Sat Contest for Tom Seaver auto has been posted!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    I've never been so happy to have been wrong in my life!

Pelicans get the #1 pick and Zion. Will AD now stay?
    Memphis has the #2. Will they pick Ja Marant even though their best player is a PG?
    Knicks get the #3 and Lakers the #4.picks.

I wonder if KD and Kyrie are still interested in the Knicks without Zion going there?
    That is a huge question regarding KD/Kyrie -- Is Cam Reddish the same type of draw??? With Kevin Knox - those 4 could win the East next year....

That leaves RJ Barrett for the Lakers - another athletic wing who doesn't have a jump shot. That should help LBJ out immensely! Great point on the Grizzlies - If they pass on Ja Morant -- and he falls to the Knicks, that is gift from heaven! This should be a lot of fun to try and figure out who is going where.

Have to assume that where the FA's go will have a lot to do with who drafts whom....Either Butler OR Harris will stay in Philly. Klay is going to stay in GS. If Kawhi makes it to the finals (or wins the finals), have to assume he stays in Toronto. Kyrie to the Knicks. That leaves KD as the big question mark - honestly, if the Warriors win again this year, I think he stays in GS and they go for as many rings as they can possibly get in the next 3 - 4 years!
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    That is a huge question regarding KD/Kyrie -- Is Cam Reddish the same type of draw??? With Kevin Knox - those 4 could win the East next year....

That leaves RJ Barrett for the Lakers - another athletic wing who doesn't have a jump shot. That should help LBJ out immensely! Great point on the Grizzlies - If they pass on Ja Morant -- and he falls to the Knicks, that is gift from heaven! This should be a lot of fun to try and figure out who is going where.

Have to assume that where the FA's go will have a lot to do with who drafts whom....Either Butler OR Harris will stay in Philly. Klay is going to stay in GS. If Kawhi makes it to the finals (or wins the finals), have to assume he stays in Toronto. Kyrie to the Knicks. That leaves KD as the big question mark - honestly, if the Warriors win again this year, I think he stays in GS and they go for as many rings as they can possibly get in the next 3 - 4 years!
    I think of all the lottery teams, New Orleans getting the #1 pick may lend itself to having the most interesting off season scenarios because of Anthony Davis. He may change his mind about leaving NO now. If not, the Pels are in a much stronger bargaining position with Zion on the roster.

I'll bet the Grizzlies trade the #2 pick and slightly move down in the draft and also pick up some other assets in the transaction. Mike Conley was the highest paid player in the NBA a short time ago and I cannot imagine the Griz tying up a ton of money in 2 point guards.

I wish I knew more about the group of players behind Zion and Ja. I watched several Duke games this year and they looked like Zion and a bunch of guys. No one stood out to me besides Williamson on that team......granted my sample size was only 3 or 4 games.

one thing is for sure, with the Pels getting the #1 pick the NBA will own the off season again when it comes to national sports media. Tons of free agents and trade possibilities will be heavily discussed and speculated on all Summer long

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I think of all the lottery teams, New Orleans getting the #1 pick may lend itself to having the most interesting off season scenarios because of Anthony Davis. He may change his mind about leaving NO now. If not, the Pels are in a much stronger bargaining position with Zion on the roster.

I'll bet the Grizzlies trade the #2 pick and slightly move down in the draft and also pick up some other assets in the transaction. Mike Conley was the highest paid player in the NBA a short time ago and I cannot imagine the Griz tying up a ton of money in 2 point guards.

I wish I knew more about the group of players behind Zion and Ja. I watched several Duke games this year and they looked like Zion and a bunch of guys. No one stood out to me besides Williamson on that team......granted my sample size was only 3 or 4 games.

one thing is for sure, with the Pels getting the #1 pick the NBA will own the off season again when it comes to national sports media. Tons of free agents and trade possibilities will be heavily discussed and speculated on all Summer long
    Good point on the Grizzlies trading down - obvious thing to do would be to start by swapping with the Knicks so NYK can grab Morant. Of course they could go all Timberwolv-ey and take Morant and have two point guards...

Was thinking the same thing regarding AD -- do you want to go play with LBJ? Or do you want to stay and play with Zion? Do the Celtics sign Kyrie and than trade him to NO for AD?? Many, many options!!!

I watched a ton of Duke games this past season. The three I focused on were the ones against UNC. The two regular season games with Zion out - Carolina absolutely owned them, wasn't a contest at any point in either game. The last matchup was in the ACC tourney - Duke had Zion and won only because Carolina missed about 4 layups in the closing seconds. For a team with 12 Mickey D's all americans - Duke had one player that showed up when it counted night in and night out - Zion.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I'm not sure how good Simmons is either but he has a lot of upside and the age difference is too great to make that trade. And if Jimmy Butler and the guard they recently picked up form the Clippers leave the 76ers the cupboard will be quite bare for LeBron. Given his numerous interests in Hollywood, he might very well retire if traded out of that area.

The big thing about Ben Simmons is he cannot shoot. He does distribute well, is a great finisher at the basket and is a very good defender. The nice thing is he can learn to shoot if he has the right coaching. He seems to have the same game as a lightly regarded Kawai Leonard had coming out of college but the Spurs developed his shot and look a t him now. Simmons can do the same if he wants to put in the work.

I would laugh if this trade happened because Simmons and Lonzo have pretty much the same game with Simmons being the far superior talent. I doubt they could play in the same line up because of the similar styles and LaVar would be out of his gord with outrage insisting Lonzo is the better player and Simmons needs to go. That would be a hilarious situation.
    Saying that Ben Simmons cannot shoot is a huge understatement. You can leave him unguarded anywhere outside of 10 feet. I think he has tried something like 15 threes since he has been in the league. And I might be incorrect but he has missed all of them. Does Philly have a better chance to win it all next year with LeBron or with Ben Simmons. I know LeBron has a lot of people who hate him. But if anyone thinks that Philly has a better chance of winning it all next year with Ben Simmons than they do with LeBron James seems to be sadly mistaken. I am the type of person who says to just go for it. I have been rooting for teams that are two years away from being two years away my whole life. I am done thinking about 3 and 4 years down the road. I would much rather root for a team that tries and loses than plays it safe all the time.
    1975 Topps Minis: 342/660 51% complete
    1972 Topps: 762/787 97% complete
    1971 Topps: 678/752 90% complete
    1960 Topps: 500/572 87% complete

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Now rumor has it that Anthony Davis does not want to stay in N.O. despite having Holiday and Zion on next year's team. I guess when you lead your team to mediocrity year after year like AD has, you can demand just about anything!!

If I am the Pels, I would try to unload him to the Knicks for the 3rd pick in this year's draft and some more of their other first round picks thay have stockpiled............I think they have 7 over the next 5 drafts. The Knicks may give a king's ransom for him, to entice KD and the overrated Kyrie to join the newest East coast superteam..

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Now rumor has it that Anthony Davis does not want to stay in N.O. despite having Holiday and Zion on next year's team. I guess when you lead your team to mediocrity year after year like AD has, you can demand just about anything!!

If I am the Pels, I would try to unload him to the Knicks for the 3rd pick in this year's draft and some more of their other first round picks thay have stockpiled............I think they have 7 over the next 5 drafts. The Knicks may give a king's ransom for him, to entice KD and the overrated Kyrie to join the newest East coast superteam..
    At this point, who knows what will happen. Rumor is that Zion doesn't really want to play in NO, and is considering going back to college - yeah, because I am sure he is truly still academically eligible...

So trade AD - Knicks sound good - get back this years #4 and the two #1's that the Knicks got from Dallas for Porzingis. Throw in a player like Robinson so you still have a rim protector. Done deal. AD will than be happy when KD and Kyrie join him at MSG. To me that deal sounds WAY better than anything the Lakers can put together. Plus the two added bonuses of keeping him away from the Lakers AND dealing him to the Eastern Conference.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to collectorskip's ebay items

Isn't this all great and fascinating? It's like there are three possible scenarios for what a team might do: 1.) what we as a fan would want; 2.) what the front office wants; 3.) what is really best for the team. Two of the three may match up, but never all three.
    I'd love to see the Knicks get AD, but am not sure they should simply push everything into the middle of the table for him right away. Would getting AD be enough to entice KD to NY?
    I DON'T like Kyrie to the Knicks as he just seems to be miserable all the time, not a team leader and, well, just miserable all the time. That being said, he probably WILL wind up with the Knicks.
    If only they could trade Dolan!
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Isn't this all great and fascinating? It's like there are three possible scenarios for what a team might do: 1.) what we as a fan would want; 2.) what the front office wants; 3.) what is really best for the team. Two of the three may match up, but never all three.
    I'd love to see the Knicks get AD, but am not sure they should simply push everything into the middle of the table for him right away. Would getting AD be enough to entice KD to NY?
    I DON'T like Kyrie to the Knicks as he just seems to be miserable all the time, not a team leader and, well, just miserable all the time. That being said, he probably WILL wind up with the Knicks.
    If only they could trade Dolan!
    But what do you get for Dolan in return??? Used water bottle???

If you are the Pelicans and Zion doesn't want to play there - deal AD to the Knicks for the #3, and the 2 DAllas #1's they got in the Porzingis trade and Mitchell Robinson so they have a rim protector. And use that #3 pick on either Reddish or Barrett -- Would make sense he would want to have another Dukie with him to make it a bit more appealing to be there. NY Knicks can then go after KD and Kyrie with their max slots. Everyone wins and the Lakers don't get KD, Kyrie OR AD!

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

This topic looks to be the right place to post about the reported AD trade to the Lakers. This seems to be the first move in Thursday's draft so I'll post it here.

The Lakers send Lonzo. Ingraham, Hart, this year's #4 pick and 2 future 1st round picks to the Pels for AD. Everyone thinks the Pels made a huge haul but I don't see it that way. Lonzo cannot shoot, is injury prone and drags his father into the Pel's world. Ingraham has blood clots which I would think makes his future uncertain like LeBron's old teammate Chris Bosh, whose career was ended by blood clots. That leaves the #4 pick in a 3 player draft, Josh Hart and 2 future first round picks on a team that is now the favorite to win the 2019-20 title according to the Vegas odds makers.

I'm a little confused on the reports of the future #1s the Pels are getting. I read they are protected which is good for the Pelicans. I think if they are unprotected it would be good for NO. I'll have to hear further reports on that.
    Last edited by SymphonicMetal; 06-15-2019 at 10:32 PM.