Thread: Vintage

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Vintage

A question came up that I wasn't able to answer. What is considered a vintage sports card? I could use some insight and your opinions on what's considered vintage. I have some cards from the early 80's that I would consider vintage, but someone else might not consider them that old.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Mike Schmidt

Go to Hoosier_Buddy's ebay items

"Vintage" in my opinion means cards from the 70s and earlier. And more specifically, 1975 and earlier.

The early 80s aren't as mass produced as the late 80s and the "junk wax" era, but it's still pretty easy to find early 80s cards in really nice condition. Also, by the early 80s, people were starting to take better care of their cards (which leads to more NM condition cards). No bicycle spokes or thumb-tacks through their cards.
    Hoosier
    ---------
    Trading Interests:
    Javier Baez, Ernie Banks, Johnny Bench, Kris Bryant, Willson Contreras, Ian Kinsler, Greg Maddux, Mike Schmidt, Corey Seager & Mike Trout. Victor Oladipo. Jordan Howard & Walter Payton

EVERYTHING I have available for trade is on my tradelist page. If it's not on that page, I don't have it. It's really that simple. Hoosier's Tradelist

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

This is what I have in my flickr for vintage- https://www.flickr.com/photos/169411...57677564045987

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

What are you looking for in trade?
    I collect vintage and Red Sox! Yaz, Williams, and other stars from that era.

For newer stuff, I'd rather trade for rookies over GU/Auto!!