Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Well step 1.5 goes to 2.0 as KC is "a full go" for tonight. SHOCKCING!

OK keep an eye out on the officialting tonight. Look for questionable calls going against the Raptors. The NBA is taking a ratings beating on this series and need to extend it so am really going to be watching for bad cals.

One thing on the ratings decline. Apparently the USA market is waaaay down but the Canadian market is outrageously high which almost brings it up last year's ratings. Analysts are blaming it on LeBron's absence , which if true means the NBA is in a ton of trouble down the road. Apparently, fans are not fans of the game but rather stars. That does not say much for the actual sport. The only reason I won't watch an NBA Finals is if they are uncompetitive or a the sport has become a crappy product.

Also look to see how many times Boogie Cousins hits the deck. In the first 2 minutes of game four he had 3 turnovers and 2 unassisted flops while the announce team kept insisting he "was one of the best bigs in the game". Maybe he join Harden in Houston to make an all horizontal team or the Knicks.........just to be a Knick. LMAO!!!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Durant reinjured his calf on a non contact play. Why am I thinking my speculation as to his first injury being more severe than just a calf strain is going to be proven correct?

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to collectorskip's ebay items

Just saw K.D. in dress clothes walking out with a walking cast/boot on his foot.
    Looks like you were right, SM.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

The last 2 minutes were a complete disaster for the Raptors. With a 6 point lead and possession, they completely melted down. I think they are in big trouble now. Golden State will almost assuredly win game 6 at home leaving a one game series. I think the championship pedigree and shooting ability will win the day for the Warriors in game 7 unfortunately..

So my conspiracy theory ended up not being true but my speculation as to the severity of KD's injury still may be proven. Odd;y enough myconspiracy theory flamed out due to my earlier thoughts on KD coming true. I can't win!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

Had a feeling that it was taking to long for KD to get back into play.....Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011.

Pacific Bell Park (now Oracle Park) & Levi's Stadium
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

It looks like a torn Achilles....
    SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ... 2010 ... 2012 ... 2014 ... WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS ... 1975 ... 2015 ... 2017 ... 2018... NBA CHAMPIONS

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Apparently Durant is coming to NYC to get his MRI. I find this odd since he is in Silicon Valley and I'm sure there are world class doctors all over the place. This makes me feel that he does not trust the Warriors doctors or any medical people that may be associated with them.

I have a feeling that the doctors missed something with KD's Achilles like a slight tear or something else that was amiss. I cannot imagine a strained calf that has been rested for over a month would cause a torn Achilles, if that indeed is what Durant suffered.

I wonder how many teams will go after KD now if he indeed tore his Achilles and is out all next year? If I were a GM, I certainly would not be going after him now, at least not at big money.

And after all of this, what is the big topic on sports talk radio? THE LAKERS of all things!!! Everyone seems to think this opens the door for the Lakers to be serious contenders now with KD out of the way and not resigning with the Warriors or joining Kawai on the Clippers.

Pacific Bell Park (now Oracle Park) & Levi's Stadium
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ... 2010 ... 2012 ... 2014 ... WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS ... 1975 ... 2015 ... 2017 ... 2018... NBA CHAMPIONS

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to collectorskip's ebay items

So sad. So many questions.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I'd be hard pressed to think of a single incident in sports outside of a social/political event that had so much effect not only on a championship series but on the near term future of the sport itself. With Durant out for next season, the entire NBA looks much different than it would have with a healthy Durant.

My guess is the Knicks will sign KD to a long term contract despite his injury in true Knicks form. After all they did the same with Allen Houston and Amare Stoudimire who both had major injuries with stellar results. And they'll probably sign Boogie Cousins to a big contact too since Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy both said he was one of the best big men in the game. That way they can pay KD for sitting out the first year and Boogie can entertain the Garden faithful with his many flops in yet another Knicks losing season.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

The only silver lining for me if the Warriors win is they prove that the can win without Durant who in my opinion joined them since he could not beat them. He threw off the entire competitive balance of the league for 2 years which I thought was a terrible move.

I really think the Warriors will win tonight and take game 7 as well. That game 5 loss was a fiasco for the Raptors. Think about it, if home court held throughout the first five game, we'd be right where we are now, 3-2 Raptors. The two teams just got to this same predictable point in a roundabout way.

The over under on Boogie flopping......errr......I mean hitting the deck in tonight's game is 3.5. I'm talking the over.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Even though they are down by a few points the Warriors look to be the superior team. They look much fresher and quicker than the Raptors do. If not for some seriously hot shooting by Kyle Lowery, this game would be a blowout in GS's favor.

I cannot believe how poorly Gasol is playing. I'd be hesitant to put him back in if I am the Raptor's coach after seeing that "performance" in the first half.

Boogie is making me look bad. Not only is he looking like Olajuwon (in part because of Gasol's "stellar" D) but he only hit the deck once.......and it was while diving for a loose ball!! SMH!!

And maybe Toronto will stop fouling the 3 point shooter. That has happened at least 3 times in the first half. Hey, that is only 9 gimmie foul shots. No big deal.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Shocking stat of the night so far. Through 3 quarters Danny Green has attempted zero shots. I guess they wanted to give his shots to Marc Gasol.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    Shocking stat of the night so far. Through 3 quarters Danny Green has attempted zero shots. I guess they wanted to give his shots to Marc Gasol.
    Just another Tar Heel winning an NBA title, doesn't matter that he didn't take a shot!!! LOL!! For their first two titles, the Warriors had Harrison Barnes and James Michael McAdoo, so it was easy to root for them to win the title. This year they had Quin Cook (Dukie), so had to pull for the team from the North.

Tough way for the Warriors to lose though. KD out. Klay out. Looney, not close to 100%. Boogie coming off major injury. And they still had the ball with a shot to win and force a game 7. I believe that if they play that series 9 more times, both teams at full health, the Warriors win it 9 out of 9 times. Raptors took advantage, and there are no asterisks on the trophy.

Now that the season has wrapped up -- on to bigger things, where are the free agents going to end up. Feels like a new thread..plus the draft thread should start heating up pretty soon! Especially if the AD trade goes down.....
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    Just another Tar Heel winning an NBA title, doesn't matter that he didn't take a shot!!! LOL!! For their first two titles, the Warriors had Harrison Barnes and James Michael McAdoo, so it was easy to root for them to win the title. This year they had Quin Cook (Dukie), so had to pull for the team from the North.

Tough way for the Warriors to lose though. KD out. Klay out. Looney, not close to 100%. Boogie coming off major injury. And they still had the ball with a shot to win and force a game 7. I believe that if they play that series 9 more times, both teams at full health, the Warriors win it 9 out of 9 times. Raptors took advantage, and there are no asterisks on the trophy.

Now that the season has wrapped up -- on to bigger things, where are the free agents going to end up. Feels like a new thread..plus the draft thread should start heating up pretty soon! Especially if the AD trade goes down.....
    Totally agree on Warriors would win if healthy. The Raptors struggles in games 3 and 6 with both Klay and KD out showed that would have been the case. If Klay did not get injured late in the 3rd, I'm certain we would have been talking about a game 7 today.

I don't think Danny Green took a single shot in the entire game. As a 3 and D guy he always got a fair amount of shots. But the Raptors seemed to be more iso as the game went on with less ball and player movement on offense. He was almost the goat last night though (which is different than the GOAT) when he turned the ball over with 9 seconds left. In his defense, Kawai got him the ball on the worst spot on the floor.

Kawai was the MVP deservedly so but he is not the same defensive player he was with the Spurs......not even close. Klay had 30 on him through 3 quarters and he was supposed to be taking him out of the game. The impactful defensive plays he used to make routinely, are now a rarity.