Topps Redemption question/concern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reickholt

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Checked on the status of a redemption card that has been in waiting since November.

2018 Topps High Tek Pyroteknics autograph of Yadier Molina.

When I checked on it yesterday they asked me if I wanted a replacement card of equal or greater value. I've seen a couple of these on eBay so I know they are out there. What does this message mean? They are out and don't anticipate getting anymore or are they just waiting?

What do I do wait it out or go for the replacement. (been "burned" on Topps replacements in the past)

Help or opinions welcomed.
Thanks!
Rick

I had a Soto redemption coming to me last year. I also seen the request for a replacement. I did request it as at time it take Topps ever to
send the redemption cards. I clicked for the substitute and 3 weeks later I got the original redemption of Soto. But that does not always happen.
If your are not dead set on the Molina you might get something better or at least the equivalent in BV.

I don't know about that. I have never done a redemption card in my life, so I have no experience. I just do know that I see people complain about getting replacements. And with Yadi autos, they sell nicely. Some other players who have similar BVs do not sell for nearly as much. Just from what I have seen, but never experienced.
I had a Soto redemption coming to me last year. I also seen the request for a replacement. I did request it as at time it take Topps ever to
send the redemption cards. I clicked for the substitute and 3 weeks later I got the original redemption of Soto. But that does not always happen.
If your are not dead set on the Molina you might get something better or at least the equivalent in BV.

Checked on the status of a redemption card that has been in waiting since November.

2018 Topps High Tek Pyroteknics autograph of Yadier Molina.

When I checked on it yesterday they asked me if I wanted a replacement card of equal or greater value. I've seen a couple of these on eBay so I know they are out there. What does this message mean? They are out and don't anticipate getting anymore or are they just waiting?

What do I do wait it out or go for the replacement. (been "burned" on Topps replacements in the past)

Help or opinions welcomed.
Thanks!
Rick

Rick -

I had this happen a couple of times. Once I accepted the replacement, should have waited it out. Once I waited it out, took 2 years, but did get the original card.

I did call Topps and they offered me the replacement on the phone and they told what they had available, that may be worth your while.

Thanks everyone. Still undecided. I would really like to add the Molina to my autograph PC so probably going to wait for awhile longer.

Tough call - if it is truly a card you want - almost have to wait it out and see what happens. Worst case is that they finally cave in the future and tell you it isn't available at that point.

I don't do a lot of redemptions, but so far every one that I submitted showed up in a timely fashion, whether it was low end or high end.

If you've only been waiting since November that honestly isn't very long. I still have some pending redemptions that I've waited on for over 2 years because I want that card and not a replacement. I have gotten a few nice replacements in the past that I was happy with, but more often than not you will get stuff that isn't as valuable or as nice as the original card you redeemed.

I would wait.