Is this legal???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Razzes / Raffles are everywhere now. Problem with doing them on ebay is that you cannot prove you sent something to a buyer who sent you paypal and didn't win. So the seller will eventually get burned by the crooked people who will participate, not win, and then file an item not received claim. But on facebook groups, they are more prevalent than box breaks/case breaks any more.

I would be more concerned about stuff like this that he is selling:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Topps...378652?hash=item4b61718c5c:g:SvYAAOSw7wFcSVtB

Who is to say that someone here, let's just say me for example (but I would never), buys this, breaks it out of the case, and posts trading it for some really nice stuff. Someone buys it, comes on the site and tries to trade it raw. Card has a BV of $1200. Someone could get a ton of stuff for that card on trade. All for a $25 investment into a fake card. This is what is ultimately going to ruin the hobby. Fakes before were fairly easy to spot. Now it is harder and harder. And now people have access to sonic welders and can buy slabs and slab cards as well. All you have to do is print off fake PSA labels and slab. That is why PSA now has went to holograms on their labels. But how long until people figure that out. The cheaters ruin everything.

Oh, and by the way, he sold one back on 4/21/2019.....and 3 of them in March, and some in Feb......so I promise you, some of those have been broken out of the slab and have traded hands as raw cards.

Last edited: