need a wee bit of help with 2019 donruss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmcjr99

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
havent been able to buy anything lately but i had an associate bring me quite a bit of random material to sort through while im bedridden....

one question regarding 2019 donruss...there were a few inserts in the lot that are not the "regular" (numbered) versions...i am pretty sure they are retail exclusive versions but i don't know what type of pattern is which...specifically , i'm trying to find out which are vectors and which are raptures....i looked online including cardboardconnection , beckett , and ebay but its quite clear that many people mix them up because it looks like about a 50/50 mix of who calls which pattern y what name....

anyone here know for sure so i can label these things correctly ?

Check out ebay or youtube breaks. Did not get any of this stuff...because no MLB logos...........Raptures and vector mainly retail stuff. The two version only in action all star set, American pride set, dominator set, elite set, franchise Features set, Highlight set and Nickname set. Good luck! Best regards, David

I am curious about the interest of those who collect non-MLB stuff. I'd like to know the interest in products where the team logos are not shown, etc.
I am NOT judging or criticizing. I am simply curious. I also wonder whether there is an "anti-monopoly" mind set.
Would be happy to hear what those who collect these products have to sya.

i dont collect logos , uniforms , or team names...i collect players....frankly im far more annoyed with people who bad mouth stuff like this simply due to the lack of logos and team names and who constantly harp on the subject....

and i did already do what david suggested before i ever made my post....problem is there are many many obviously mislabeled since both patterns are seen described by each name....i know each one was exclusive to one packaging format (i know the diamonds came in hanger boxes)...thats why i asked for someone who broke a few packs , hanger boxes , or blasters could confirm which was which....

i dont collect logos , uniforms , or team names...i collect players....frankly im far more annoyed with people who bad mouth stuff like this simply due to the lack of logos and team names and who constantly harp on the subject....

and i did already do what david suggested before i ever made my post....problem is there are many many obviously mislabeled since both patterns are seen described by each name....i know each one was exclusive to one packaging format (i know the diamonds came in hanger boxes)...thats why i asked for someone who broke a few packs , hanger boxes , or blasters could confirm which was which....

Not knowing much about them, do players get paid for them? At one time UD and Topps had a no sign contract. That being they could only sign cards for them. Has that changed. Next how much different are they from a Broder Card?

Back in the day when UD was a player in the card world I remember a sort of signing war with Topps. Getting top players and HOF'ers to exclusive contracts. Now with Topps being king I take it all sports contracts are off the board. I must have missed how the Donruss cards have gotten the blessing of MLB and the owners. They long have been protective of its brand when did I miss Topps or UD not buying the brand. I believe UD still owns Fleer and Score so that I don't under stand.