Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

June 6th, 1944/2019

Today is the 75th anniversary of D-Day, the Allied invasion of Europe, through the beaches of Normandy.

The number of veterans from the "greatest generation" is dwindling on an almost daily basis. What these men (kids, more like it) did on that day was heroic, and that may be an understatement.

If you ever have a chance to see the National WWII Memorial in Washington DC, I highly recommend it. Seeing the veterans there, and talking to them and shaking their hands and saying thank you can be a moving experience.

It always gets a little dusty in our house when the final scene of Saving Private Ryan come - tell me that I lived a good life........
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

I had two Uncles and my Dad who fought for the USA during WWII and I agree with Andrew....so many were only Teenagers! The Greatest Generation! 75 years anniversary of June 6, 1944 and the start of the Allied campaign to liberate Europe. God bless them. Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to anglinomics's ebay items

Don't count the days- make the days count.

Unknown author

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to collectorskip's ebay items

A very somber day. It as stirring and emotional to see the coverage of some of the survivors visiting the site of the conflict, where they experienced incredible things as youngsters and lost brothers in arms, brothers they have never forgotten. It was also inspirational to remember that, at a time when the World was threatened by a tyrant, our Country stepped up and, with the combined effort of the other Allied forces, detroyed that threat.
    katester44, I agree. I've been to that memorial (as well as others) and it is memorable. I try to never miss an opportunity to thank any Veteran for his/her service, whether it was in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf conflicts, or any other theater. I never served, and their courage and sense of duty is incredible.
    We are blessed to live in this country where we have, generally, been safe from foreign invasions or attacks, and can exercise and enjoy the freedoms and rights that this country offers. An endless debt is owed to those who served so that we may do so.