Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Congrats St. Louis Blues!

Just an amazing run to win the Cup! Binnington was fantastic in game 7 and the Blues earned it.
    I collect Cardinals football inserts; Cardinals baseball inserts & Blues hockey.
    Stan Musial, Kurt Warner, Brett Hull and other players that "catch my eye"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/162175468@N03/collections

All cards in my flckr are pictured alphabetically!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

Congrats to the St.Louis Blues! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

With no disrespect meant to any hockey or Blues fans -- barely watched any hockey at all this year, and the most interesting thing to me was watching MLB Network last night and having them cut over to the female Blues fan watching the game at Busch Stadium eating blue cotton candy. It was both disgusting and hilarious at the same time!

Congrats Blues on your first Stanley Cup.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

20 minutes away from Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tglgtglg's ebay items

Congrats Blues!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by tglg; 06-13-2019 at 10:35 AM.
    Link to my trade list thread here on The Bench - http://www.thebenchtrading.com/showt...his?highlight=

My Hobby Collecting Goal - to finish my '98 Bowman's Best Master Set - so help me out if you have any Atomic Refractors or Autos. This set is the only true thing that I am still currently working on.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Finally the Blues win!!!!!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    With no disrespect meant to any hockey or Blues fans -- barely watched any hockey at all this year, and the most interesting thing to me was watching MLB Network last night and having them cut over to the female Blues fan watching the game at Busch Stadium eating blue cotton candy. It was both disgusting and hilarious at the same time!

Congrats Blues on your first Stanley Cup.
    Start watching. The Stanley Cup playoffs are the best playoffs of any sport regardless of which two teams are playing. Once you watch, you are hooked! It's like entering the matrix.
    I collect Cardinals football inserts; Cardinals baseball inserts & Blues hockey.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by tglg View Post
    Congrats Blues!!!!!!!!
    Ohhhhhh YEAH!!

Quote Originally Posted by cardinals-colle View Post
    Finally the Blues win!!!!!
    Enterprise sold out for the watch party, but one of the coolest things is 25,000+ at BUSCH STADIUM - in the rain - watching!!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I'm not a hockey fan but I was very happy to see that St. Louis won. After they lost game 6 at home, I thought they were sunk.

I was shocked and mystified to see that the Blues made the Stanley Cup finals in their first year of existence. As a matter of fact they made it their first three years . and were swept 4-0 each year. I found that highly strange so I researched it and found out that the NHL expanded from 6 teams to 12 in the 1967-68 season with the Blues being one of the 6 newcomers. Shockingly, they put the Original 6 in the Eastern Conference and the 6 expansion teams in the Western Conference. That meant an expansion team had to make the finals and all three years it was the Blues! That setup was very odd to say the least especially when the Penguins and Flyers were in the West!

Congrats to the Blues, that Cup was a long time coming!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

You are correct! The Blues were considered to be part of the Second Six which included: Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, California Golden Seals, Minnesota & the Blues.

After the expansion there were two conferences....the first 6 and the second 6. The NHL made the rule that no matter what one of the Cup contenders would be from the expansion conference. I guess the Blues still had to win their conference, but it was kind of "forced"....as they were new comers they more than likely would not have beaten any of the teams from the first six conference.

By today's standards, it makes one wonder about all those Montreal Canadiens dynasty teams.....when there were only six teams.

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    I'm not a hockey fan but I was very happy to see that St. Louis won. After they lost game 6 at home, I thought they were sunk.

I was shocked and mystified to see that the Blues made the Stanley Cup finals in their first year of existence. As a matter of fact they made it their first three years . and were swept 4-0 each year. I found that highly strange so I researched it and found out that the NHL expanded from 6 teams to 12 in the 1967-68 season with the Blues being one of the 6 newcomers. Shockingly, they put the Original 6 in the Eastern Conference and the 6 expansion teams in the Western Conference. That meant an expansion team had to make the finals and all three years it was the Blues! That setup was very odd to say the least especially when the Penguins and Flyers were in the West!

Congrats to the Blues, that Cup was a long time coming!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by redbird4 View Post
    You are correct! The Blues were considered to be part of the Second Six which included: Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, California Golden Seals, Minnesota & the Blues.

After the expansion there were two conferences....the first 6 and the second 6. The NHL made the rule that no matter what one of the Cup contenders would be from the expansion conference. I guess the Blues still had to win their conference, but it was kind of "forced"....as they were new comers they more than likely would not have beaten any of the teams from the first six conference.

By today's standards, it makes one wonder about all those Montreal Canadiens dynasty teams.....when there were only six teams.
    With the Blues in the finals, I could not figure out why there was no mention of them getting to the finals as an expansion team like they did with Las Vegas last year. After reading the backstory on that appearance, I saw why. I gotta admit that expansion set up was one of the more interesting stories in sports history.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by redbird4 View Post
    Start watching. The Stanley Cup playoffs are the best playoffs of any sport regardless of which two teams are playing. Once you watch, you are hooked! It's like entering the matrix.
    Don't get me wrong, I normally love watching the NHL playoffs, just had so much going on this year, couldn't get into it at all. Plus when your team isn't even in the playoffs, it takes a bit of the luster off of it (Flyers).

Game 7 Triple OT's are one of the best spectacles in sports.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I normally love watching the NHL playoffs, just had so much going on this year, couldn't get into it at all. Plus when your team isn't even in the playoffs, it takes a bit of the luster off of it (Flyers).

Game 7 Triple OT's are one of the best spectacles in sports.
    Game 7 overtimes.....heart attack in the making! In other sports I agree with you, if my team isn't in it = I don't really care. I'll tune in to see the last few minutes if I can. But hockey...wow! I watch any two teams during the playoffs-- Flyers, Islanders, Panthers, Jets, etc. Just too exciting!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to dpcampsportscards's ebay items
    Go to campd0913's comc items

On January 10th the Blues had the lowest point total in the NHL make 2 critical changes make Craig Berube your interim coach make Binnington your starting goaltender don't tank the season make the playoffs go onto win your 1st Stanley Cup
    MY SITE
    I COLLECT PARALLELS OF KERSHAW/POSEY/MCCUTCHEN/GOLDSCHMIDT/ RIZZO
    ALSO COLLECT PARALLELS/INSERTS OF LILLARD/GEORGE/HAYWARD/WALL/ATLANTA HAWKS/BUFFALO BILLS/BUFFALO SABRES
    LOOKING TO TF/B 18 TOPPS UPDATE ALL-STAR STITCHES>>18 TOPPS UPDATE ALL-STAR STITCHES WANTLIST

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer913 View Post
    On January 10th the Blues had the lowest point total in the NHL make 2 critical changes make Craig Berube your interim coach make Binnington your starting goaltender don't tank the season make the playoffs go onto win your 1st Stanley Cup
    Unbelievable right? And the Blues almost won their division (missed by 1 point). Berube was crucial. He coached Binnington in the minors. No Berube = no Binnington. And Binnington was a wall throughout!