Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: YSL Project

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

From what I gather we do have a complete set but the 2 cards that we need are in the set but there is something wrong with them.
    Matt got in touch with an auction house before why can't he do it again. If it is in his town or close , they might Evan pick the cards up.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to dpcampsportscards's ebay items
    Go to campd0913's comc items

Quote Originally Posted by LEONOFNJ View Post
    From what I gather we do have a complete set but the 2 cards that we need are in the set but there is something wrong with them.
    Matt got in touch with an auction house before why can't he do it again. If it is in his town or close , they might Evan pick the cards up.
    In order for the set to be sold via a auction house all cards must be in mint condition and the set must be completed in order for them to conduct an auction.
    MY SITE
    COLLECTING PARALLELS OF CLAYTON KERSHAW | ANTHONY RIZZO| ANDREW MCCUTCHEN | PAUL GOLDSCHMIDT | BUSTER POSEY
    [BCOLLECTING RC'S OF JEFF MCNEIL | PETE ALONSO | KYLE TUCKER | DANIEL JONES [/B]

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to anglinomics's ebay items

Could someone please post what cards are still needed. I would like to look them up on Beckett.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by anglinomics View Post
    Could someone please post what cards are still needed. I would like to look them up on Beckett.
    I believe these are the last two:

2105 (Yogi Berra), 4767 (Ron Guidry)
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post

Correct. Best regards, David PS I also checking them for many years on the Beckett Marketplace, comc, ebay, etc.
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest (Dec 8/14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Its important to be a member in good standing! Next contest is Nov 30 for Cal Ripken Jr. auto 19/25!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post

The Yogi is a high of $3.00.
    Guidry is $1.25.

There was no specific marking of a short print, if they even do that. But they very well could be short print.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

Quote Originally Posted by anglinomics View Post
    The Yogi is a high of $3.00.
    Guidry is $1.25.

There was no specific marking of a short print, if they even do that. But they very well could be short print.
    You're a new person .....Leon and I have search for many years....other sites, auctions, other dealers......ebay, comc, beckett marketplace, Burbank store, etc...and it appears only one of each was found!! If it was so simple or easy don't u think they would have been found by now????? I posted on freedom card board .....a thread were I offer $20.00 for each of the above cards. Nothing.....Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest (Dec 8/14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Its important to be a member in good standing! Next contest is Nov 30 for Cal Ripken Jr. auto 19/25!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

If I remember right. Matt said the auction house said if all the cards were at least ex,we can get a better price .Which make me think he would have taken the set as it was. If anyone is talking to Matt ask him what auction house did he call and were is it located. ?

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to cmcjr99's ebay items

the auction house would NOT have final say so on the condition of every single card in the set - that would be up to the owner of the item being sold.....from what was said originally (several years ago) they noted that for the set to achieve maximum price it would need to be a mint set....i am 100% certain that if there were 2 lightly damaged cards out of nearly 7000 in the set , the final price would not be affected in the least....but i've also said all along that i really think ebay would be a better and cheaper way to market the set to more eyes than any auction house... also , as i recall mentioning in the other thread previously , the stadium giveaway was a completely separate PROMO/PREVIEW set and did not include any of the regular cards....as david noted , these are not ruth and mantle....that's my guess as to why these two are so hard to find - they are not the bigger names that many people would take the time to post for sale as singles...
    Claude's Card Corner
    Want ANY USC Gamecocks such as Renaldo Balkman , Tiffany Mitchell , Alaina Coates , Dunta Robinson , Jonathan Joseph , Fred Bennett , Connor Shaw , Duce Staley , Sidney Rice , Jadeveon Clowney , Alshon Jeffery , Melvin Ingram , Marcus Lattimore , Landon Powell , Whit Merrifield , Jordan Montgomery , Justin Smoak & Steve Pearce (full list on my site)

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Been following this story since the day I joined. I can't offer any assistance but wanted to throw a shout out to everyone involved. You are doing great things here.
    I collect Topps/Topps Traded/Topps Chrome - base and inserts
    Base card wantlist - http://www.thebenchtrading.com/showt...ps-Update-base
    Insert card wantlist (2nd post is inserts for trade) - http://www.thebenchtrading.com/showt...erts-2010-2015

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I logged in to Sports Card Forum yesterday for the first time since 2014. I had a thread there for YSL. The mods sent me an email in 2018 saying they were moving the thread. Probably to archives. When we get a new count I will post there again. After 5 yeards some people who were collecting the set may have given up> They may jump at the chance to receive 100 of our duplicates for 1 of their cards. We will need a dups list, I hope.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to weapon-x_23's ebay items

Hey all, I just emailed Matt to get some clarity on some of the questions that have been raised here. I will update you all when I hear back. -Andy

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to metsman1986's ebay items
    Go to metsman1986's comc items

Seems like some mojo has been going on, that's awesome..........Please keep us updated!

Mike
    mikekestner.com/mm86

No more PWE trades, please........The USPS doesn't like them sent from Memphis........

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to weapon-x_23's ebay items

Heard back from Matt tonight, we are indeed missing the two cards that katester44 posted above. Also, he was in contact with Heritage auctions about the set, but that was nearly 10 years ago now, so probably fair to say we could explore other options when ready to sell. -Andy

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Is Matt still living in Oswego, Il.?