Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: YSL Project

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to weapon-x_23's ebay items

YSL Project

Hey all,

We are down to these last two cards and Iím reaching out to social media to help. Anyone who has Twitter, please search for @ADBallcards and retweet my YSL Bench tweet. Hopefully we can tag people in and find the folks who are holding our last two!

Thanks, Andy

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Andy, Thanks but there are only a few guys on here that care anymore.
    Leon

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to metsman1986's ebay items
    Go to metsman1986's comc items

I would agree with Leon..........Ten years is a long time..........Patience is a virtue, I guess...........Hopefully they are selling "HI" on the internet auction sites........
    mikekestner.com/mm86

No more PWE trades, please........The USPS doesn't like them sent from Memphis........

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Not to be a dick, but if you’re on Twitter it takes 10 seconds to find my tweet. Cancer doesn’t take a day off and we shouldn’t either.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to metsman1986's ebay items
    Go to metsman1986's comc items

Not on Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram or any of the social media sites except Linkedin...........I would have bumped it up but don't have the capability.........Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this set sold for top $$..........Just seems like a long time in coming..........Personally, I've donated a lot of cards to this cause......... Cancer sucks, I got you there...........
    mikekestner.com/mm86

No more PWE trades, please........The USPS doesn't like them sent from Memphis........

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Thanks man, I know I skew younger on this site, which isn’t saying much about to turn 40...but 10 years is nothing in this battle. We’ve all been touched by this disease, I’m just asking for a little help. If we complete the set, the Yankees collectors will get crazy, look at how much they pay for a Judge or Stanton....this is a real rarity.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to anglinomics's ebay items

People should post on other sites they belong to. Maybe after this much time, set collectors would be willing to part with the two cards needed. What are the card numbers and who is on those cards? And where is a list of duplicates for God's sake. I tried to get a dup list years ago and was denied.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

The 2 numbers that are still need are;
    # 2105 - Berra & # 4767 - Guidry
    I believe that Matt has these cards but they aren't in very good condition.
    The reason I say this is about 6 years ago we needed 5 cards to complete the set and none of the numbers match what we need today. Then we did complete the set but Matt said there were about 30 cards that weren't in
    Very nice condition.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to anglinomics's ebay items

should of, could of

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I think the general consensus, whether or not they are willing to voice it, is that the idea was amazing and the momentum from the start was great, but it took a turn for the worse and has floundered for years. I don't have a stake in this other than the pride that came from seeing this effort grow, but that has turned into disappointment. I don't mind being vocal about it, even though I never donated a single card to the effort, as was graciously pointed out in a different thread when I asked about selling it. Lots of contributors should be recognizedand though a few guys that carried this effort on their backs like David and Leon (sorry if I missed any other supercontributors, it's been so long now)...then it all but died on the vine.

My opinion was that was managed poorly after the set neared completion and we missed the boat on auctioning it when the bang would have been biggest. Information on updates was sparse, wantlists seemed to change back and forth or were not matching as cards were added and/or dropped. It was not clear at several points along the way if the set was in fact 100% complete (just needing upgrades to certain cards) and frankly I still am not sure. This effort has drug on so long with no change that it is almost forgotten by most who really made it happen. When was the last new card or upgrade received? 5 years ago?

I hate to speak negatively about it because it was such a great idea and supports a great cause, but seriously, what difference would it make in the end if 2 cards were not perfect? People donate to charity for nothing in return, so why would we think a near perfect set would suffer greatly from a couple cards with a fuzzy corner? This was a community effort organized on a private sight, but who really "owns" the set? It seems a few select people have decided how this is going to work and that it won't move until all cards are perfect. Cancer doesn't take a day off but the set is doing nobody any good right now. At what point do you make the call that it is time to move on?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyDrummond View Post
    Not to be a dick, but if youíre on Twitter it takes 10 seconds to find my tweet. Cancer doesnít take a day off and we shouldnít either.
    WANTS
    (1) Steve Garvey items (2)Topps All-Rookie Team Autos

BLOG
    http://1978theyearitallbegan.blogspot.com/

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Some people want to auction the cards off now and some want to wait and complete. WHO makes the call????
    I say sell now !!
    Leon

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items

I agree with Leon! Might as well sell what we have! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest has been posted!(Dec 8/14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Must be a member in good standing! Its 1-100 for this special contest!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I think this speaks volumes. These two were THE driving force on this effort. Get that set on the auction block now!

Quote Originally Posted by LEONOFNJ View Post
    Some people want to auction the cards off now and some want to wait and complete. WHO makes the call????
    I say sell now !!
    Leon
    Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    I agree with Leon! Might as well sell what we have! Best regards, David
    WANTS
    (1) Steve Garvey items (2)Topps All-Rookie Team Autos

BLOG
    http://1978theyearitallbegan.blogspot.com/

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Sounds good, I look forward to helping promote the auction.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to mackscards-collectibles's ebay items

Can someone post a link for when it does go up for auction?
    Main collecting interests: Topps sets, Johan Santana (Twins only), and MN sports teams.

Trade page: https://mack5818.wixsite.com/pacrat76