Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: YSL Project

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I would guess it is up to the owner of the Bench to tell Matt to get it to the auction house. But you have to say if you want to continue getting it finished or auction it NOW.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

Got pm from Andy! Pm in return and a copy of the pm by Meliah. Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. New contest for Ohtani auto will be posted in a few minutes.... and everyone (but the winner or past winners) is welcome to guess again!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

We forget so fast.what is your vote, sell now or wait ?

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to anglinomics's ebay items

I think the set should be sold. Does Peter have the final say?

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I would think so. Being the owner and gave the OK in the beginning. But it would help if enough members said they wanted sold.
    And another fact. You go on eBay and most of those dollar cards are going up.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to weapon-x_23's ebay items

Quick update from my end, I spoke to Pete through Facebook on July 9th and he is fine with selling. He says Meliah should have the cards but I have been unable to contact him through the site. At this point I think it’s a dead issue unless Matt resurfaces.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to pearl_fire's ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by AndyDrummond View Post
    Quick update from my end, I spoke to Pete through Facebook on July 9th and he is fine with selling. He says Meliah should have the cards but I have been unable to contact him through the site. At this point I think it’s a dead issue unless Matt resurfaces.
    Matt's on Facebook, he should be pretty easy to find.

As one who donated many cards, my say is much like the others voiced in this thread. After this has drug on so long, sell with the imperfect cards. Sell with a few missing. Once the momentum slowed, it should have been sold.

I'm glad David and Leon are for the sell, your opinion carries a lot of value.

Great idea, really bad implementation. Let's make the best decision and sell and donate the money!

Todd

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by AndyDrummond View Post
    Can Peter find Matt? He might have moved or changed his email address.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

You mean that there is a member on here who is holding thousands of dollars of our cards and no one knows where he is???????

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Should it tell you something that the site owner (at least I think he still is???) has not logged on for nearly a year now? It is sad that ownership/staff really has not taken a stand on this issue or gotten publically involved. I hope to hell that someone (or several people) is working behind the scenes to get this all straightened out. This situation is giving The Bench a serious black eye at the moment.
    WANTS
    (1) Steve Garvey items (2)Topps All-Rookie Team Autos

BLOG
    http://1978theyearitallbegan.blogspot.com/

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I am going to throw my two cents in on this matter - take it as you may - as I don't have nearly as much vested in this project as others.

If we are going to sell it right now (and I believe that we should - let the buyer take the time to find the last couple upgraded cards needed), we need to have a plan to make it happen. I don't do anything in life without a plan - it just makes things so much easier, and you always have a spot to come back to if something doesn't go as anticipated.

Here are my thoughts on a plan:
    1 - find the cards. It sounds like Meliah (Matt) has them - let's confirm that.
    2 - I believe that Meliah is in the Chicago area? Or at least he was - if that is the case, do we want to find an auction house in Chicago that will handle getting them prepped for sale? Or do we just throw them on Ebay and hope for the best. ( I like option #1 better, but not my decision to make)
    3 - if we go with a chicago auction - we don't have to ship the card anywhere, saving a bunch of $$ and extra work of packing up, etc.
    4 - get the word out that the set is for sale - twitter, facebook, etc - anybody who likes social media, get it out there
    5 - get the prizes to the members of the bench that were supposed to have earned them for their donations
    6 - get the $$$ to the charity it was supposed to go to
    7 - let's get the duplicate cards that we have up on Ebay and once those cards are sold, another check to another charity - if no one wants to do that, get me the cards and I will do that. If that is a route we want to travel, I will post my plan for that as well, so that there is total transparency for costs, etc.

This is by no means a plan endorsed by The Bench management - it is just the thoughts from my head as I wait for the rain to end today. It just seems we have talked and talked - it is now time to walk the walk. First step - find the cards and get them somewhere where we can do something with them. If for whatever reason Meliah can't do that, maybe there is another Bench member in the Chicago area that can take possession of the cards and get this train rolling again. I don't do Facebook, so if someone who does could reach out to Meliah - it will all start with him.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

At least one of the mods should have Pete's number. Maybe Pete knows where Meliah is at. I know Meliah's first name is matt, but he also legally changed his name many years back. What is his last name? Maybe then we could track him down on the web.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by anglinomics View Post
    At least one of the mods should have Pete's number. Maybe Pete knows where Meliah is at. I know Meliah's first name is matt, but he also legally changed his name many years back. What is his last name? Maybe then we could track him down on the web.
    Here is the information on matt from a trade I did with him.

Matt Nyman
    241 Springbrook Trail S
    Oswego, IL 60543

I recall Matt moving during the time he was on the Bench, but I'm thinking that this was his most recent address that the Bench has. I had five transactions with Meliah so that was his address between 2006-summer of 2014.

Possible current address.

261 Fox Chase Dr N
    Oswego IL 60543-8662

922 Lebanon St
    Aurora, IL 60505-5160
    Last edited by anglinomics; 09-03-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by anglinomics View Post
    Here is the information on matt from a trade I did with him.

Matt Nyman
    241 Springbrook Trail S
    Oswego, IL 60543

I recall Matt moving during the time he was on the Bench, but I'm thinking that this was his most recent address that the Bench has. I had five transactions with Meliah so that was his address between 2006-summer of 2014.

261 Fox Chase Dr N
    Oswego IL 60543-8662
    Bumping for edited information.

261 Fox Chase Dr N
    Oswego IL 60543-8662

922 Lebanon St
    Aurora, IL 60505-5160

https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/res...C%20IL&rid=0x0
    Last edited by anglinomics; 09-03-2019 at 02:55 PM.