Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: YSL Project

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to weapon-x_23's ebay items

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by anglinomics View Post
    When I said I would drive, that was to fit one of the legs that Andy had proposed to get the cards to him. As it appears that no one wants to take this on, I would be willing to get the cards from Meliah and be the keeper. Then, I could do a recount as far as what we need and I could also get a duplicate list on line, so any of our members or proposed traders could look at. I think I could get that done within 30 days. I would get things that far, at which time more decisions need to be made.

Could I get Meliah's contact information? If anyone else want this, they should claim it now. If I am confirmed to do this portion, could one of Matt's friends contact him before I do to pave the way?

Actually I am happy to have Matt keep the cards, But a duplicate list is the most basic thing when collecting a set. I would like to get one, and that is the only reason, I am offering my services. I also think an official flier should be made to include with any contacts with other organizations.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

PM sent

When I said I would drive, that was to fit one of the legs that Andy had proposed to get the cards to him. As it appears that no one wants to take this on, I would be willing to get the cards from Meliah and be the keeper. Then, I could do a recount as far as what we need and I could also get a duplicate list on line, so any of our members or proposed traders could look at. I think I could get that done within 30 days. I would get things that far, at which time more decisions need to be made.

Could I get Meliah's contact information? If anyone else want this, they should claim it now. If I am confirmed to do this portion, could one of Matt's friends contact him before I do to pave the way?

Actually I am happy to have Matt keep the cards, But a duplicate list is the most basic thing when collecting a set. I would like to get one, and that is the only reason, I am offering my services. I also think an official flier should be made to include with any contacts with other organizations.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    I think for right now, keeping it with Meliah is the best plan. If it gets to a point it needs to change locations prior to us finding the last two cards, we can address it than.

I am still hopeful of a positive response from the folks @ The Jimmy V Foundation - from my perspective, if they send one tweet and it finds the final two cards and we can sell this thing for $5k/$10k -- that might be some of the easiest money they have made!
    It has been a week, and I have not gotten a response from The Jimmy V Foundation. I sent them another message this morning, hoping to get any type of feedback from them - not sure a charity would ignore an offer for a donation, but who knows....

In terms of the set, still think it is best to keep it with Matt - hopefully it will get wrapped up soon and we can clear it off his plate so to speak. With the dupes, my offer still stands, if they can get to me, I will catalog them and list them for everyone to see. I will also start listing them on Ebay to generate additional funds.

We know the last 2 cards are out there - can't imagine that they only printed 5 or 10 of them.... Just gotta keep searching, who knows when someone will break an older box of wax and find one and want to get rid of it.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to anglinomics's ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    It has been a week, and I have not gotten a response from The Jimmy V Foundation. I sent them another message this morning, hoping to get any type of feedback from them - not sure a charity would ignore an offer for a donation, but who knows....

In terms of the set, still think it is best to keep it with Matt - hopefully it will get wrapped up soon and we can clear it off his plate so to speak. With the dupes, my offer still stands, if they can get to me, I will catalog them and list them for everyone to see. I will also start listing them on Ebay to generate additional funds.

We know the last 2 cards are out there - can't imagine that they only printed 5 or 10 of them.... Just gotta keep searching, who knows when someone will break an older box of wax and find one and want to get rid of it.
    I was waiting to hear from andydrummond, thinking he's waiting on a response from Meliah. But since this thread started almost 4 months ago, I think we should have Meliah ship the doubles to kaester and meliah can hold the set. Matt apparently will never provide a list of duplicates, so lets send him instructions today to ship only the dups. I'll sent Matt a check, just let me know how much and his address..

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Hey all,

Had an email from Matt yesterday stating that he does not have the dupes catalogued, so no list exists at this point. I sent a PM to anglinomics today about a proposed pickup of all cards, then we can move them around accordingly. Matt has made it clear that he no longer is an active collector and does not wish to continue helping on the set, but will be happy to pass it along as he would like to see the project come to some resolution as well. I will keep you all updated as things hopefully progress. -Andy

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by AndyDrummond View Post
    Hey all,

Had an email from Matt yesterday stating that he does not have the dupes catalogued, so no list exists at this point. I sent a PM to anglinomics today about a proposed pickup of all cards, then we can move them around accordingly. Matt has made it clear that he no longer is an active collector and does not wish to continue helping on the set, but will be happy to pass it along as he would like to see the project come to some resolution as well. I will keep you all updated as things hopefully progress. -Andy
    Two items to list on this:
    1 - with Matt (meliah) wanting to step away from the project, we should honor that request and get the cards from him. As stated previously, if there are no objections from the membership here on The Bench, I will take on the ownership of holding the cards. Both the set and the dupes.

I believe that David (anglinomics) is in the best position to get the cards from Matt. From there, a couple of options. We can put together the pony express relay and try to find members 2-3 hours apart and get all the cards at once to me. Or, we can have David ship the dupes to me for cataloging and selling and than work out the logistics of the main set.

2 - I heard back from the V Foundation - the basics of the conversation were that they can't directly advertise for us, but we are able to create a DIY donation page and than that will be a part of the V Foundation donation network AND we will be able to send that link out however often we want/need to. so if we can somehow get a groundswell of support, that would be huge. ESPN is a huge supporter of the V Foundation, if we can direct message them and some of their anchors through twitter, they could hit a bigger audience than we ever could. Someone mentioned earlier about trying to involve the Yankees - that would be another option. Also, if we have any members here that are also members on Blowout Forums - maybe we could get something posted over there??? Whatever it takes to find those last two cards is worth it in my eyes.

This is the condensed version of the response I received from the V Foundation:

Once you have the registration complete you will have a fundraising/informational page that you can populate with a photo, a title, and information about what you are looking for and trying to do. You can then share that page, and it will demonstrate your affiliation with the foundation.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Too big to quote, but that all sounds good. I sent an email earlier today to get the transfer of the cards started. Hopefully we will have possession in the somewhat near future and can get moving on this one again. -Andy

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to anglinomics's ebay items

To the two Andys. I fully support get the cards to Kataester44. I may have been hyped up by saying I can get the cards from Meliah. It is a 12 hour round trip to get to his home. I'm feeling overwhelmed with all I have to do in the next month. But I will pay the full cost for Meliah to ship the cards to Kataester. Sorry about the spelling Andy, I just realized today that you had a T in your name.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

To the two Andys. I fully support get the cards to Kataester44. I may have been hyped up by saying I can get the cards from Meliah. It is a 12 hour round trip to get to his home. I'm feeling overwhelmed with all I have to do in the next month. But I will pay the full cost for Meliah to ship the cards to Kataester. Sorry about the spelling Andy, I just realized today that you had a T in your name.
    Ouch, that’s definitely not going to work. Andy (Katester44) will you PM me your address and I’ll work with Matt to get a shipping cost that we can work out. Thanks, Andy

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I was waiting to hear from andydrummond, thinking he's waiting on a response from Meliah. But since this thread started almost 4 months ago, I think we should have Meliah ship the doubles to kaester and meliah can hold the set. Matt apparently will never provide a list of duplicates, so lets send him instructions today to ship only the dups. I'll sent Matt a check, just let me know how much and his address..
    Did not say I would never provide a list of the duplicates, only had mentioned I did not currently have a list for them. I could make a list but since I'm not active on here it wouldn't do much good for me to be the holder of the duplicates because it may hold up potential trades getting information to me.
    BSL owner of the Detroit Tigers.

Creepy, unusual or scary thread

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Ouch, that’s definitely not going to work. Andy (Katester44) will you PM me your address and I’ll work with Matt to get a shipping cost that we can work out. Thanks, Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by Meliah View Post
    Did not say I would never provide a list of the duplicates, only had mentioned I did not currently have a list for them. I could make a list but since I'm not active on here it wouldn't do much good for me to be the holder of the duplicates because it may hold up potential trades getting information to me.
    Andy - I have sent you a PM with my info. I will be out of pocket most of the weekend due to baseball playoffs commitments, but will try to get on when I can, especially early next week.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

error. Deleted post.
    Last edited by LEONOFNJ; 10-20-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

[QUOTE=LEONOFNJ;3908988]Hey Matt ( Meliah) you talked to Heritage auctions one time before why don't try it again and see what they say about a 6700 ex and better set but it is short 2 cards. They say they are the third highest auction house in the World and Mabey they can Evan give you an idea what we might be able to get for them .And evan ask if they would pick up or do we ship since you both are in the same state. Tell them you have had them for over 11 years and and would like to get them out of your house .and also tell them who we are going to give the money to.
    If nothing else we might get an idea or 2 that would help us out.
    Leon[/QUOTE

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Alright folks, just a quick update, we should have the cards on the move from Matt to katester44 in the near future, so hold tight on any other suggestions until we get the cards, then we can set a new action plan. On another note, Matt told me he sent out the major prizes that we’re owed, so some of you may see a little something in the mail this coming week hopefully.

On another note, does anyone know who has the authority to edit the YSL tab on the page? We need to get info there changed once we start moving forward again.

Thanks, Andy

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Tino Martinez

On another note, does anyone know who has the authority to edit the YSL tab on the page? We need to get info there changed once we start moving forward again.

Thanks, Andy
    Not something I have access to unfortunately. Might need to reach out to Peter or maybe Cory can help you with this.
    Collecting Yankee First Basemen Tino Martinez and Mark Teixeira

NO PWE PLEASE!!!