Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: YSL Project

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

We need to wait to heard what Leon's opinon on this matter is! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to anglinomics's ebay items

I would like to see meliah continue to be the curator of the set. He knows all the history and I think had the contacts. If it were to be sold on ebay then Meliah could just ship the set to the winner. And not have to ship it more than once. I wonder if the fees are cheaper on ebay, if the seller has a business account with ebay. I think if I were to sell it, the ebay fee is 11%. And the paypal fee would be 30 cents plus a percentage, which I think is 3%. So maybe a longtime member with a business account could sell it using their account. What should the set sell for? I think it should have a reserve price so someone can't steal it for a minimal amount.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to weapon-x_23's ebay items

I may be wrong, but I think on eBay you can make an auction a charitable cause and avoid a lot of the fees. As a relative newbie to this project, I’m not sure who is owed what and why, but I will help to fulfill the “rewards” for contributions. Please let me know how I can help. -Andy

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Do the Mods have a private thread about this. I wish more mods would weigh in.
    Last edited by anglinomics; 09-28-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by anglinomics View Post
    Good idea! I'm in favor of selling the YSL set on ebay! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    Good idea! I'm in favor of selling the YSL set on ebay! Best regards, David
    Yes, a mod should step forward and take charge, or a mod should name someone to be in charge. One last thought about the set. We should get some major publicity about needing the last 2 cards. Maybe get it on ESPN. The Jimmy V Foundation could issue a press relase. Do they even know were doing this? The set should be sold no earler than 3 months, because the word needs to get out. We want MLB players to be bidding, especially Yankees. Maybe even have the foundation take over.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

On a smaller scale we tried this and it does not work....I posted on other trading sites and Leon contacted card company and shops trying to finish this set.....Someone claims the cards we were looking for were handed out at a Yankees game by Upperdeck. Best regards, David PS for years I checked ebay (going thru every lot), comc, Beckett Marketplace and Burbank card shop!
    Last edited by David K.; 09-29-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Tino Martinez

I have been keeping tabs on this thread. If you're looking for a mod's point of view, my opinion is whatever the main contributors of the project (David and Leon) would like to do with the set is what I personally would like to see done with it. If David and Leon are on board with selling on eBay, then that's what should be done.

As greatdad said, whom is going to step up to facilitate this? I personally do not have time to take on this project with my work/family schedule.
    Collecting Yankee First Basemen Tino Martinez and Mark Teixeira

NO PWE PLEASE!!!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Glad to see more people getting in on this very important project , what to do with the YSL set.myself I would like to see Matt get in touch with .the same auction house that he did before.Tell them what the Bench has and what we are going to do with the money .But like someone said we are going to have to put a number on what we want. I think the set went up some since 2008 , just look at eBay. My guess is between 5 & 10 thousand, but hopefully more.Matt gets a check and gives it to Pete and Pete gives it to the Jimmy V Cancer Foundation and everyone is happy.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Does Jimmy V Foundation know were doing this, and what do they think should be done. Someone could write to the Yankees promotional department and try to shake those cards loose. Perhaps an advertisement is the New York Times to try to find the last two cards. Again, Jimmy V has the powere to reach people that we don't. I would think they would be happy to get more involved with this. But I agree, It's up to David K. and Leon.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

This might not be helpful, but how many cards are in this set and what do we need again?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yankee_Stadium_Legacy

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to weapon-x_23's ebay items

Hey all...I have been in contact with Matt and it doesn’t sound like he wants to see this through due to his current situation and commitments. He is willing to send the cards to someone and let them take over. We are still missing the two cards, rumors of beat up versions in the set are not correct. I would say we need to figure out who can take this on, then double check the checklist. Once we are certain what we need we can make a last run, possibly using some of the great ideas from anglonomics. When I started this thread I was reaching out to all kinds of groups to try to help out, but it’s easier said then done. Just my 2 cents. -Andy

PS - with a new baby on the way, I’m not the guy for the job, though I will be happy to help with the outreach and promotion of things.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Does Jimmy V Foundation know were doing this, and what do they think should be done. Someone could write to the Yankees promotional department and try to shake those cards loose. Perhaps an advertisement is the New York Times to try to find the last two cards. Again, Jimmy V has the powere to reach people that we don't. I would think they would be happy to get more involved with this. But I agree, It's up to David K. and Leon.
    Both of these suggestions are fantastic. I will reach out to the Jimmy V foundation and talk to the folks there. I am happy to reach out to the Yankees as well, but kind of hoping some one else could take that one on?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyDrummond View Post
    Hey all...I have been in contact with Matt and it doesn’t sound like he wants to see this through due to his current situation and commitments. He is willing to send the cards to someone and let them take over. We are still missing the two cards, rumors of beat up versions in the set are not correct. I would say we need to figure out who can take this on, then double check the checklist. Once we are certain what we need we can make a last run, possibly using some of the great ideas from anglonomics. When I started this thread I was reaching out to all kinds of groups to try to help out, but it’s easier said then done. Just my 2 cents. -Andy

PS - with a new baby on the way, I’m not the guy for the job, though I will be happy to help with the outreach and promotion of things.
    Because these cards are condition sensitive, I would think that putting them in the hands of UPS or the USPS more than necessary would be a risk we don't need to take. I had a thought, that might be a better way of transporting...

I have room to store/keep the cards until they are sold, so I am happy to take on ownership of the cards, with the blessing of all those involved. Here is my thought on how to get the cards from Chicago to Pennsylvania -- an old fashioned Pony Express ride. Chicago to Detroit to Cleveland to Pittsburgh, at which point I will drive to Pittsburgh and pick them up for the final leg to their new home. Think we could make that happen - one member in each city to take up the banner? Might take a couple of weekends, but cards would be in our members hands the entire time and there would be an opportunity for a couple of members to actually meet each other.

Once I have them, I will catalog and check everything that we have. Dupes go up on Ebay for sale. The base set stays with me until it is sold. Once it is sold, maybe we can Pony Express it back to the buyer, depending on where that final destination is??
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Based on the Wikipedia article that I posted the link for, I don't think the two cards were exclusive to a Yankee Stadium giveaway. They may have had a give away but I don't think it was limited to the two cards. If that had happened, I think Wikipedia would have said so. So the New York search, while it wouldn't hurt any thing, might not be effective. I'm in west central Illinois (Quincy area), but I might be able to pick up from Meliah and go some distance. I would also donate the shipping charge, because the way I drive it might be safer to ship. The packaging would have to be incredible.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Based on the Wikipedia article that I posted the link for, I don't think the two cards were exclusive to a Yankee Stadium giveaway. They may have had a give away but I don't think it was limited to the two cards. If that had happened, I think Wikipedia would have said so. So the New York search, while it wouldn't hurt any thing, might not be effective. I'm in west central Illinois (Quincy area), but I might be able to pick up from Meliah and go some distance. I would also donate the shipping charge, because the way I drive it might be safer to ship. The packaging would have to be incredible.
    But if the cards were not limited...where are they???? There not Babe Ruth or Mickey Mantle......There should be thousands of them! My two cent opinon.....Best regards, David