Team Sets to Keep OR.............

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyrical Kees

Prospect
I have been wondering about this for sometime and can hope some of the more seasoned collectors might have an answer to this. I have been collecting team sets of Red Sox off and on for say 15yrs. I got back into collecting after we won the 04 WS Series after 86yrs drought.

I am wondering is it better to trade off the whole team set or break it up so others can get what they need to fill their own stuff? Same w sets I have a few sets such as 07 Upper Deck Masterpieces, which I just recently decided to break apart. I HATE breaking up sets after I have completed them to for fill someone's desires. I find as more time goes by it gets harder and harder to fill some sets:( . Another example comes to mind is I had a complete 92 Fleer but some years back I broke it apart, NEVER AGAIN! Once I get the missing 8 cards I am done w this set, but again is it better to trad/sell singles or sets?

I know there is MORE value in a complete set of cards, i.e. 600 card bb set for example. I have been offered a Chrome FY AU RC for a team set. But I hardly think it's worth it to get at this point as the player NEVER made it big, only MiLB.

Thanks Amy

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors