Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items

Sneeze!
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest has been posted!(Dec 8/14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Must be a member in good standing! Its 1-100 for this special contest!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Twins on a roll into the playoffs...another win....99-60 with 3 to go.....Best road record with 53 wins. Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest has been posted!(Dec 8/14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Must be a member in good standing! Its 1-100 for this special contest!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    Give it a rest....Mr. Negative. Best regards, David
    I think you may have mis-interpreted my comments.....They are positive - not negative, I am actually excited that the Twins won the central and are back in the playoffs. It just stinks that they have to go against the Yankees who have had pretty good success against them in past playoff matchups. Definitely not trying to rain on the Twins parade.

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    Sneeze!
    Yup - the Phils have finished the year strong. 6 game losing streak. And now they have to go play the toughest team in the NL East, at least to them - the Marlins. After this absolute collapse, they need to dump Kapler, find some position players with a pulse and get at least one true starting pitcher to help Nola out. Today is the first day of the season that they have dipped under .500.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to kirbyfan11's ebay items

Twins become the first team to hit 300 home runs in a season. Seems fitting in 1988 they became the first American League team to draw 3 million fans so...

Also will need to do my annual playoff simulation now that the playoff teams are set for the most part. The one I just finished with was based on standings as of Sept 20th. Had the Twins getting swept in the WS by the Cubs.
    Just have to see if the Brewers can overtake the Cardinals and get the exact match ups and settle in for a MLB the Show Marathon!
    Last edited by Kirbyfan34; 09-27-2019 at 09:00 AM.
    "Tomorrow isn't promised to any of us"Kirby Puckett at his retirement speech July 16th 1996

Kirby Puckett Haves 301/2363 12.73 %

Autograph's of Players seen in person 121/969 12.48%

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Twins in the lead 6 to 1 top of the 3rd.........Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Twins win 100! 2 games lefted......54-25 on the road. Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Astros 104...Dodgers 103....Yankees 103 and Twins 100....Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Astros 105, Dodgers 104, Yankees 103 and Twins 100. Three teams in the AL and only one in the NL. Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyfan34 View Post
    Twins become the first team to hit 300 home runs in a season. Seems fitting in 1988 they became the first American League team to draw 3 million fans so...

Also will need to do my annual playoff simulation now that the playoff teams are set for the most part. The one I just finished with was based on standings as of Sept 20th. Had the Twins getting swept in the WS by the Cubs.
    Just have to see if the Brewers can overtake the Cardinals and get the exact match ups and settle in for a MLB the Show Marathon!
    And Nelson Cruz got his 40th for the season & 400th for his career at the same time.

Working off of your theme of 3's -- I could be wrong (and I am frequently) - wasn't Kirby Puckett the first player to get a $3 Million contract?

Two days left in the season and the NL Central still isn't settled. We have our 10 playoff teams, we just don't know who will be playing who to start it out...or where. Great to see so many games still mattering.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Twins win again! 101-60 with one game to go. Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Should be a great playoff with not one but...three teams with over 100 wins in the AL. Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to kirbyfan11's ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    And Nelson Cruz got his 40th for the season & 400th for his career at the same time.

Working off of your theme of 3's -- I could be wrong (and I am frequently) - wasn't Kirby Puckett the first player to get a $3 Million contract?

Two days left in the season and the NL Central still isn't settled. We have our 10 playoff teams, we just don't know who will be playing who to start it out...or where. Great to see so many games still mattering.
    yes i believe he was. And for about 25 minutes he was the highest paid player in the game. And when Jose Canseco passed him someone asked if he was upset and his response was classic Kirby.
    "Why should I be upset? I get paid a lot of money to play a game and do what I've always wanted to do. What have I got to be upset about"
    "Tomorrow isn't promised to any of us"Kirby Puckett at his retirement speech July 16th 1996

Kirby Puckett Haves 301/2363 12.73 %

Autograph's of Players seen in person 121/969 12.48%

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Wild card games first! Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Ned Yost & Bruce Bochy retire. Joe Maddon fired. Feel like I am missing one other manager that has been let go??? Unfortunately, still not Kapler with the Phillies.

And say goodbye to another amazing voice of a franchise - Marty Brennaman from the Cincinnati Reds has retired. Multiple generations of Reds fans have him as their voice of record. I know how I felt when Harry Kalas of the Phillies passed away - that was basically the voice of my childhood. Vin Scully from the Dodgers has stepped away. The name of the announcer in Detroit stepped away in the past couple years (forgive me for not remembering his name Tigers fans).

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Ausmus out with the Angels. And missed that Hurdle had been let go by the Pirates.

And yet...Kapler still has a job....

Kirby Puckett havelist: