2019 Topps Update Series Baseball Hobby Box 10/16/2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Configuration: 24 packs per box. 14 cards per pack.

Topps Baseball Update Series features all the best action from the 2019 season and is a must-have for every baseball fan!

Showcasing player transactions and mid-season rookie call-ups, to season highlights and MLB All-Star Game content, the 2019 MLB season isn’t complete without the release of Topps Baseball Update Series!

1 Autograph or Relic Card per Hobby Box.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

BASE CARDS
Base Cards
A checklist offering 300 total cards showcasing rookie call-ups, veteran transactions, season highlights and all of the superstars from the 2019 MLB All-Star Game and Home Run Derby!
Parallels
- Gold Parallel – Numbered to 2019.
- 150th Anniversary Parallel – Inserted 1:6 packs.
- Rainbow Foil Parallel – Inserted 1:10 packs.
- Vintage Stock Parallel – Numbered to 99.
- Independence Day Parallel – Numbered to 76.
- Black Parallel – Numbered to 67. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
- Mother’s Day Hot Pink Parallel – Numbered to 50.
- Father’s Day Powder Blue Parallel – Numbered to 50.
- Memorial Day Parallel – Numbered to 25.
- Clear Parallel – Numbered to 10. HOBBY ONLY
- Platinum Parallel – Numbered 1-of-1.
- Printing Plates – Numbered 1-of-1.
Be on the lookout for Base Card Short Prints, Base Card Super Short Prints and Base Card Short Print Autograph Parallel cards!

INSERT CARDS
ICONIC CARD REPRINTS
Showcasing card fronts with notable cards from the past.
- 150th Anniversary Parallel – Numbered to 150.
- Autograph Parallel – Sequentially numbered to 25 or less.
1984 TOPPS BASEBALL
Celebrating the 35th Anniversary of the 1984 baseball set. Will include rookies, traded stars and established veterans.
- Blue Parallel – Limited.
- Black Parallel – Numbered to 299.
- Gold Parallel – Numbered to 50.
- Red Parallel – Numbered to 10.
150 YEARS OF PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL
OVERALL THEME FOR THE BELOW INSERTS
- GREATEST PLAYERS
- GREATEST MOMENTS
- GREATEST SEASONS
Parallels
THE FAMILY BUSINESS NEW!
Highlighting players whose family also played baseball.
EST. 1869 NEW!
Highlighting the 150 year history of the first professional baseball team, from the Cincinnati Red Stockings to the Cincinnati Reds.

AUTOGRAPH CARDS
LEGACY OF BASEBALL AUTOGRAPHS
Celebrating players from across all eras of professional baseball.
- Gold Parallel – Numbered to 50 or less.
- Red Parallel – Numbered to 25 or less.
1984 TOPPS BASEBALL AUTOGRAPHS
- Red Parallel – Numbered to 25 or less. HOBBY EXCLUSIVE
- Platinum Parallel – Numbered 1-of-1. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO EXCLUSIVE

AUTOGRAPH RELIC CARDS
TOPPS REVERENCE AUTOGRAPH PATCH CARDS
- Numbered to 10. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO EXCLUSIVE
- Red Parallel – Numbered to 5.
ALL-STAR STITCHES AUTOGRAPH CARDS
Sequentially numbered to 25 or less.
- Red Parallel – Numbered to 10 or less.
- Gold Parallel – Numbered 1-of-1.
ALL-STAR STITCHES DUAL AUTOGRAPH CARDS
Sequentially numbered to 25 or less.
- Red Parallel – Numbered to 10 or less.
ALL-STAR AUTOGRAPH JUMBO PATCH CARDS
Sequentially numbered to 10 or less.
- Red Parallel – Numbered to 5 or less.

RELIC CARDS
150th ANNIVERSARY MANUFACTURED MEDALLION
HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO EXCLUSIVE
Highlighting the some of the notable players throughout the history of Baseball.
- Gold Parallel – Numbered to 99.
- Autograph Parallel – Sequentially numbered to 10.
MAJOR LEAGUE MATERIAL CARDS
- Red Parallel – Numbered to 25 or less.
- Platinum Parallel – Numbered 1-of-1. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO EXCLUSIVE
ALL-STAR STITCHES CARDS
- Silver Parallel – Numbered to 50.
- Red Parallel – Numbered to 25.
ALL-STAR JUMBO PATCH CARDS
Sequentially numbered to 5 or less.
- Red Parallel – Numbered 1-of-1.
ALL-STAR STITCHES DUAL CARDS
Sequentially numbered to 25.
ALL-STAR STITCHES TRIPLE CARDS
Sequentially numbered to 25.
OWN THE NAME RELIC CARDS
Numbered 1-of-1. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO EXCLUSIVE
Featuring nameplate letters from a jersey.
CUT SIGNATURES
Numbered 1-of-1.

2019 Topps Baseball Update Series Hobby Continuity Program
Beginning With 2019 Topps Baseball Update Series – Silver Packs Will Now Be Inserted Directly Into Hobby Boxes And Will No Longer Arrive Loose
Hobby customers awarded:
1 pack inserted into every Hobby Box
2 packs inserted into every Jumbo Box
Silver packs include MLB veterans, rookies and retired greats in the iconic 1984 Topps Baseball design on chrome technology! Numbered autographs and parallels included in select packs.

Purchase: https://www.blowoutcards.com/2019-topps-update-series-baseball-hobby-box.html

Thanks for the info..hobby boxes right now are at $109/each. Jumbos are up in the $130/each range. Feels like that is about 40% higher than they normally are pre-sell.

Also curious how the silver packs inside of each box will work - rather than shipped loose with ordered boxes.

Did not see him in the checklist for 2018 Topps update.....so that might be his first in the updates! Best regards, David PS Plus Vlad and Tatis....etc...no wonder the cost is higher!

Will this be Pete Alonso first topps update? Best regards, David

Did not see him in the checklist for 2018 Topps update.....so that might be his first in the updates! Best regards, David PS Plus Vlad and Tatis....etc...no wonder the cost is higher!

I believe that it will be Alonso's first update RC. Tatis, Jimenez both had RC's in series II. Vlad had an SP RC. - so should be interesting, because price didn't jump up last year like this and it had Acuna/Ohtani/Albies etc.

I believe that it will be Alonso's first update RC. Tatis, Jimenez both had RC's in series II. Vlad had an SP RC. - so should be interesting, because price didn't jump up last year like this and it had Acuna/Ohtani/Albies etc.

Just because Tatis and Jimenez both had RC in other products....means nothing.....this would be their first card in update...Like Mike Trout.....Jose Altuve....Aaron Judge.....Cody Bellinger.....and everyone knows that the update cards are hot! Best regards, David

Like the fact that the silver packs will be inside the box.....that way everyone buying and unopended box will get one....Should cut down on the huge amount of the packs on ebay.....won't stop it...be it will be harder to get the packs.....Best regards, David

Jumbos are now at $144.95/each on Blowout - have never paid that much for a box of cards before.

Between this and the Zion-mania driving basketball release prices up - may have to pass on something this year. Just don't think it will be update.......

I'm surprised to see how high the hobby box prices are on all of the sites. I'm mainly only interested in the base cards these days (inserts are too few and far between in the new pack sizes). Figured I might run to target and get a lot of boxes instead... Anyone ever try that? too many doubles or is it worth it?

I'm surprised to see how high the hobby box prices are on all of the sites. I'm mainly only interested in the base cards these days (inserts are too few and far between in the new pack sizes). Figured I might run to target and get a lot of boxes instead... Anyone ever try that? too many doubles or is it worth it?
Lots of people go that route when they can ....Hit Target or Walmart for the retail stuff. Retail stuff hits are harder then Hobby. Best regards, David

My concern with that would be - what are the retail places going to charge for their blasters? Are they going to keep it at $20? Or are they going to bump it up, because they know they have a winner on their hands??

Lots of people go that route when they can ....Hit Target or Walmart for the retail stuff. Retail stuff hits are harder then Hobby. Best regards, David

I knew the there were some differences in the inserts between retail/hobby -- didn't realize that the insert odds changed as well.

Maybe....going for one of the larger breaks......might be better than buying boxes. Best regards, David

That might not be a bad thought - get in on breaks were you get the base, and let all the inserts/hits go others. Have never done a large scale break, but from my understanding, the commons/base seem to be table scraps that not a lot of folks want.

As much as it pains me, I love breaking the boxes with my son, so I will probably give in and buy a couple of jumbos. Having a great couple of rookie classes back to back is driving the prices up, hat to wish for a down year prospect wise, but it sure wouldn't hurt!!

As for the hoops - going to wait it out - if Zion doesn't have a monster year, hoping the price will come back to something normal. Was paying $79/box last year, they want $200/box this year. Can justify a lot in this world, this isn't one of those things!

As I sit and sort 2019 Series I (yes, should have been done a long time ago...). Couple of ideas for future releases SP's came to mind.

1 - the team stadium cards, include SP's of previous stadiums for the team. Phillies - Citizens Bank/Veterans Stadium/Shibe Field, etc. etc.

2 - player SP in a minor league uniform. Juan Soto in a Harrisburg Senators uni, yes please!

Still no checklist as of 10/03/2019 PST 12:20.....The local hobby store normally gets top products one day early ......(maybe because their a Topps hobby store?) ...so I'll get two Jumbo boxes with the silver packs inside of each of them! Good prevents some of these companies from selling boxes...and then selling the silver packs! Best regards, David

Last edited:
I wonder if the companies that were selling boxes..but not giving their clients the silver packs....decided to up the cost for their missing profit (silver packs)? So thing to think about. Best regards, David