Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I think even if Oregon goes undefeated they will not make it. A one loss LSU/Alabama team may get in ahead of them. The Ohio State/Penn State loser is gone for sure. A loss by Clemson would clear things up. Then we would have LSU/Alabama/Ohio State/Oregon. Assuming Ohio State runs the table, which is a strong possibility. If Clemson loses a game they are gone for sure.
    1975 Topps Minis: 362/660 55% complete
    1972 Topps: 762/787 97% complete
    1971 Topps: 678/752 90% complete
    1960 Topps: 500/572 87% complete

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mm1sub View Post
    I think even if Oregon goes undefeated they will not make it. A one loss LSU/Alabama team may get in ahead of them. The Ohio State/Penn State loser is gone for sure. A loss by Clemson would clear things up. Then we would have LSU/Alabama/Ohio State/Oregon. Assuming Ohio State runs the table, which is a strong possibility. If Clemson loses a game they are gone for sure.
    Completely agree on Clemson - if they don't run the table, they are out. But I think they will, so let's put them in. I also think Ohio State runs the table, so let's put them in. And if Ohio State runs the table, that means Penn St. has lost, so they are out. I also think Minnesota will lose, so they are out. If Baylor runs the table, they may be in, but I don't think they will. Oregon needs to run the table and get some help - thir only loss so far is to Auburn, which isn't a bad loss.

The SEC is where it gets interesting -- there is potential for 3 one loss teams -- Alabama/LSU/Georgia. You can make an argument for two of them to get in, but it has to be the two that make the championship game. If Alabama loses to LSU, and than LSU loses to Georgia in the SEC championship, alabama is out, they have gotten WAY to many passes in the past.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

First BCS pool came out last night.

1 - ohio state
    2 - lsu
    3 - alabama
    4 - penn state
    5 - clemson
    6 - georgia

Assuming that either LSU or Alabama is out of the top 4 after Saturday and clemson slides back in if they continue winning. Oregon/Utah are at 7-8, and in better shape than the Big 12 contingent of Oklahoma (9) and Baylor (12).

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Should be a good day of football tomorrow.

Penn State @ Minnesota kicks off at noon.

LSU @ Alabama kicks off at 3:30??

As cold as it is here right now - inside and in front of a television is a good place to be!

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items

Ohio all over Maryland....Should be watching Golden Gopers.
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest (Dec 8/14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Its important to be a member in good standing! Sat contest for Cal Ripken Jr. auto 19/25! Will be closed on Friday night!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Penn st losted.....Alabama trailing LSU...
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest (Dec 8/14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Its important to be a member in good standing! Sat contest for Cal Ripken Jr. auto 19/25! Will be closed on Friday night!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to dpcampsportscards's ebay items
    Go to campd0913's comc items

What a great day my favorite college team today the Golden Gophers beat the Nittany Lions

**My favorite college FB team anyone who plays PSU
    MY SITE
    I mail Tuesdays Thursdays and Saturdays

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to kirbyfan11's ebay items

That was a great game at TCF, with the Gophers pulling it out with an interception in the end zone with a minute left. The PSU receiver was looking for a flag, but when they scored their last TD they did so with the play clock at zero and that wasn't called so they kinda evened out. The sad thing for the Gophers is, they will have no shot at the national championship, cause it's Minnesota and haven't been relevant in CFB since the early 60's.
    "Tomorrow isn't promised to any of us"Kirby Puckett at his retirement speech July 16th 1996

Kirby Puckett Haves 301/2363 12.73 %

Autograph's of Players seen in person 121/969 12.48%

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

LSU beats Alabama! 46 to 41

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyfan34 View Post
    That was a great game at TCF, with the Gophers pulling it out with an interception in the end zone with a minute left. The PSU receiver was looking for a flag, but when they scored their last TD they did so with the play clock at zero and that wasn't called so they kinda evened out. The sad thing for the Gophers is, they will have no shot at the national championship, cause it's Minnesota and haven't been relevant in CFB since the early 60's.
    Great win by the Golden Gophers!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer913 View Post
    What a great day my favorite college team today the Golden Gophers beat the Nittany Lions

**My favorite college FB team anyone who plays PSU
    Right there with you - I have no love for Penn State, always makes my day a bit better when they get beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyfan34 View Post
    If the Gophers win out and take the Big 10 championship, they are in. I think Penn State is now out for sure. I would say the same for Alabama, but for whatever reason, the voters seem to love seeing them in the playoffs and do anything they can to put them in, regardless of whether they have losses or don't win their conference, etc.

We were at a bar for lunch yesterday, it was pro-Penn State, and when Minnesota got the INT, you could hear a pin drop. As it cleared out after that game and the next wave of folks came in, it was very clearly a anti-Alabama vibe. It was very clear who the biggest villain in college football is.....

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    Right there with you - I have no love for Penn State, always makes my day a bit better when they get beaten.

If the Gophers win out and take the Big 10 championship, they are in. I think Penn State is now out for sure. I would say the same for Alabama, but for whatever reason, the voters seem to love seeing them in the playoffs and do anything they can to put them in, regardless of whether they have losses or don't win their conference, etc.

We were at a bar for lunch yesterday, it was pro-Penn State, and when Minnesota got the INT, you could hear a pin drop. As it cleared out after that game and the next wave of folks came in, it was very clearly a anti-Alabama vibe. It was very clear who the biggest villain in college football is.....
    Look at Gophers schedule.......their almost losted to Fresno State Bulldogs early in the season....so it was a great win....but it still a long way to go!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

by 7......

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    Look at Gophers schedule.......their almost losted to Fresno State Bulldogs early in the season....so it was a great win....but it still a long way to go!
    No different than Alabama, who hasn't played anyone yet (other than LSU) and Clemson, who hasn't played anyone.

New BCS will come out tonight, curious where they drop Alabama to - I am hoping to at least 5, but knowing how much these voters want Alabama in the playoffs, they will end up at 4.

My top 8:
    LSU
    Ohio State
    Clemson
    Georgia
    Alabama
    Oregon
    Minnesota
    Baylor

Time to reward Minnesota and Baylor for being undefeated.

As for the Heisman - It is clearly Joe Burrows to lose. He is showing that LSU can be a beast when they are an offensive threat.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    No different than Alabama, who hasn't played anyone yet (other than LSU) and Clemson, who hasn't played anyone.

New BCS will come out tonight, curious where they drop Alabama to - I am hoping to at least 5, but knowing how much these voters want Alabama in the playoffs, they will end up at 4.

My top 8:
    LSU
    Ohio State
    Clemson
    Georgia
    Alabama
    Oregon
    Minnesota
    Baylor

Time to reward Minnesota and Baylor for being undefeated.
    Got the top 6 correct. missed on 7 & 8. I had minnesota/Baylor, committee went utah/minnesota. As long as alabama doesn't get a pass into the playoffs while not even making it to their conference championship, I am fine with whomever makes it in.

Kirby Puckett havelist: