Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. ChillTown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    412
    Bench Bucks
    591
    Bench Points
    89
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to clwade20's ebay items


    #1

    (7) 2018 Holiday Mega (10) 2018 Series 2 Fat Packs (3) 2018 High # Fat Packs






    Went Acuna Chasing. Was very happy with the Metallic SnowFlake Acuna! But only 1 base . Plenty of Torres, Ohtani and Deavers tho. Also, Didn't hit an auto at all, but those are pretty though to hit.

    The series 2 was pretty much a dud as a whole. Yadier Molina Jersey, Dallas K. SP, and a couple Ohtani RCs were probably only cards of note.

    The high number did land me a base Acuna and Ohtani, but not much else.

    I have 6 more Holiday Mega's that I'm holding.

    ALSO IF YOU HAVE ANY 2018 Topps Update (unripped) I'm looking to trade/buy . Thanks for looking
    Baseball- Acuna..... Other players of interest: Tyler O'neil, Kristian Robinson, & Tatis Jr.

    Football- 2019 DK Metcalf, AJ Brown

  2. David K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    66,416
    Bench Bucks
    32,343
    Blog Entries
    5
    Bench Points
    10190
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

    #2
    Nice hits. Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Contest for Aaron Judge auto serial 44/50 has been posted!

  3. katester44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,025
    Bench Bucks
    8,271
    Blog Entries
    12
    Bench Points
    1205
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #3
    Good stuff! 2018 Update has dried up around me. May duck into a couple different Targets and WalMarts this weekend. Will let you know if I find any Update or any Holiday Boxes.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

    Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

    wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

    Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

  4. ChillTown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    412
    Bench Bucks
    591
    Bench Points
    89
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to clwade20's ebay items


    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    Good stuff! 2018 Update has dried up around me. May duck into a couple different Targets and WalMarts this weekend. Will let you know if I find any Update or any Holiday Boxes.
    man has it! I'm seeing that others are having luck with the Fat Packs showing up in the clearance box at walmarts.. I've been to 5 different walmart's and 3 targets and had no luck.

    I knew this stuff would blow up, and yet I didn't hold back any! ugh
    Baseball- Acuna..... Other players of interest: Tyler O'neil, Kristian Robinson, & Tatis Jr.

    Football- 2019 DK Metcalf, AJ Brown

  5. tglg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    20 minutes away from Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals
    Posts
    7,117
    Bench Bucks
    3,789
    Bench Points
    983
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to tglgtglg's ebay items


    #5
    Any interest in trading the base Holiday card of Acuna?
    Link to my trade list thread here on The Bench - http://www.thebenchtrading.com/showt...his?highlight=

    My Hobby Collecting Goal - to finish my '98 Bowman's Best Master Set - so help me out if you have any Atomic Refractors or Autos. This set is the only true thing that I am still currently working on.

  6. ChillTown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    412
    Bench Bucks
    591
    Bench Points
    89
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to clwade20's ebay items


    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tglg View Post
    Any interest in trading the base Holiday card of Acuna?
    sorry tg, that was the whole point of buying the boxes.
    Baseball- Acuna..... Other players of interest: Tyler O'neil, Kristian Robinson, & Tatis Jr.

    Football- 2019 DK Metcalf, AJ Brown


  7. katester44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,025
    Bench Bucks
    8,271
    Blog Entries
    12
    Bench Points
    1205
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillTown View Post
    man has it! I'm seeing that others are having luck with the Fat Packs showing up in the clearance box at walmarts.. I've been to 5 different walmart's and 3 targets and had no luck.

    I knew this stuff would blow up, and yet I didn't hold back any! ugh
    Hit a couple of targets this past weekend - only found a couple blasters of 2019 topps chrome. Went to the Philly Show in King of Prussia on Sunday - they had blasters of 2018 update for 50 bucks. They had blasters of 2018 chrome update for 85 bucks.

    Ducked into WalMart today (for the first time in years..and now remember why it has been years...), in search of 2018 Holiday boxes. They had the card section chained off, but I could see a Holiday box, so leaned in and grabbed it, the lady behind the chains became irate and yelled at me that she was trying to organize it. As she came towards me, could see she had two more Holiday boxes in her hands - meanwhile yelling that she didn't have any more Holiday other than the box I had in my hands. I politely asked if I could have the one in her right hand, which she reluctantly gave up. When I asked for the one in her left hand, it set her off. Figured I had pushed my luck far enough to get the two boxes..

    Never in my life have I had someone tell me I couldn't buy something because they were trying to organize it. I figured I was doing her a favor by trying to take as much inventory off her hands as possible. I guess not...
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

    Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

    wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

    Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

  8. ChillTown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    412
    Bench Bucks
    591
    Bench Points
    89
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to clwade20's ebay items


    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post

    Never in my life have I had someone tell me I couldn't buy something because they were trying to organize it. I figured I was doing her a favor by trying to take as much inventory off her hands as possible. I guess not...
    Well....That was hilarious! You painted a perfect picture, had me cracking up over here!

    I don't mind wal-mart....In college towns.... But when you live in a city, all of them are exactly like you described. There is never a trip that I do not have an "experience" of some sort.

    I went under the "chain" once myself and was immediately told to get out and comeback in 30 minutes because they are waxing the floors. I told the lady I just wanted 2 of the prizm basketball boxes and she acted as if it was such a huge deal to walk 5 feet..

    Nonetheless, you need to go back asap and look in the clearance box for fat packs of update. I've noticed that they usually have the same amount of the fat packs as they do the holiday boxes. I bought the only 2 i've seen the other day for $4.02.. Pulled one US250 .. That's a win!
    Baseball- Acuna..... Other players of interest: Tyler O'neil, Kristian Robinson, & Tatis Jr.

    Football- 2019 DK Metcalf, AJ Brown

  9. katester44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,025
    Bench Bucks
    8,271
    Blog Entries
    12
    Bench Points
    1205
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillTown View Post
    Well....That was hilarious! You painted a perfect picture, had me cracking up over here!

    I don't mind wal-mart....In college towns.... But when you live in a city, all of them are exactly like you described. There is never a trip that I do not have an "experience" of some sort.

    I went under the "chain" once myself and was immediately told to get out and comeback in 30 minutes because they are waxing the floors. I told the lady I just wanted 2 of the prizm basketball boxes and she acted as if it was such a huge deal to walk 5 feet..

    Nonetheless, you need to go back asap and look in the clearance box for fat packs of update. I've noticed that they usually have the same amount of the fat packs as they do the holiday boxes. I bought the only 2 i've seen the other day for $4.02.. Pulled one US250 .. That's a win!
    To punctuate your point - my son asked if I could never take him in a Wal Mart again - that was his first time, and apparently his LAST time!

    I stopped by our other Walmart (East Side) on Monday night, and didn't find anything of significance. Heading back to the west side one tomorrow night in hopes of finding some additional gold. Probably 2 or 3 other wal marts around me within reasonable driving distance (20-30 minutes), may check them as I have a chance.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

    Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

    wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

    Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

  10. katester44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,025
    Bench Bucks
    8,271
    Blog Entries
    12
    Bench Points
    1205
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #11
    Nothing at the west side Wal Mart this afternoon. There were barely any cards at all in either store - hoping they get a re-stock in the next couple days.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

    Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

    wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

    Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

  11. katester44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,025
    Bench Bucks
    8,271
    Blog Entries
    12
    Bench Points
    1205
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #12
    Another Wal Mart run today -- nothing at all in the card section related to either Holiday or 2018 Topps Update. Thinking it may have all officially dried up in this area.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

    Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

    wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

    Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

  12. ChillTown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    412
    Bench Bucks
    591
    Bench Points
    89
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to clwade20's ebay items


    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    Another Wal Mart run today -- nothing at all in the card section related to either Holiday or 2018 Topps Update. Thinking it may have all officially dried up in this area.
    Yup, I agree. I've checked my regular 3 the last couple weeks with no luck. Also even stopped in a couple when I was in a low populated area, and they did not have any as well.

    I just completed the Metallic Set for 2018 holiday, so i need to work on the relic set now
    Baseball- Acuna..... Other players of interest: Tyler O'neil, Kristian Robinson, & Tatis Jr.

    Football- 2019 DK Metcalf, AJ Brown

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •