Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mail Problems just in time for the Christmas Rush!

Mail Problems just in time for the Christmas Rush!

New Carrier drove off before I could get out of the House on Monday! No problem.....he or she would deliver it the next day.....nothing on tues, nothing on wed and nothing on Thurs....visted the Post Office.....Talked to a Manager....I have a new mail carrier....the last one was great! He would knock on the door and was very friendly! This one... brought the boxes back and placed them in the wrong bin....instead of next day delivery....they had them in a bin to be ship back to the sellers!! Manager will talk to the new carrier and let them know they screwed up and had a very unhappy customer! Best regards, David PS typing with my one good hand...so I do make mistakes.....
    Last edited by David K.; 12-14-2019 at 03:09 PM.
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Sat contest for Tony Gwynn auto/gu 2000 UD pros and prospects!

I hear you, I still have my mail delivered to my parents because I live in a more rual area where my mail carrier constantly puts the wrong mail in my box and vice versa!
    I collect: Barry Bonds, Willie Mays, Jeff Kent(Giants uni), SF Giants prospects, autos. Hunter Bishop, Logan Wyatt, Noelvi Marte
    http://samstradingpost.com/trader/bonds25.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by 89Giants View Post
    I hear you, I still have my mail delivered to my parents because I live in a more rual area where my mail carrier constantly puts the wrong mail in my box and vice versa!
    I heard you buddy! In the past.....since I use to get a lot of bubble envelopes...I would get others mixed with mine!
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Sat contest for Tony Gwynn auto/gu 2000 UD pros and prospects!

Right now, the local post office is akin to the gym right after new years. People you have never seen before showing up to mail packages, etc., and have no idea how the entire mailing process works.

I just witnessed a customer be asked if she could confirm that the address on the touch screen was correct and where a normal person would touch either the green yes button or the red no button, she simply stated, yes and looked at the clerk with pride in her eyes....

Not to mention the folks (and this isn't exclusive to the PO) who go through all the transactions and than start digging around their purses or pockets to find cash or a credit card - like it never occurred to them that they would have to pay once they were ready to leave.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Hope the hand is getting better!

Thanks
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Loyalty32 View Post
    Hope the hand is getting better!

Thanks
    Craig
    Brought a hand glove like supporter........still taking a long time to heal.....maybe a soft cast would be better.....Thanks, David

Odd......twice this week......picked up mail.......next morning.....more mail......

Looks like the new carrier.... has twice in two weeks......I would clean out my mail box and the next day....there would be one piece of mail....Once it was a bubble envelope....and once a PWE.....so looks like they came back later!

Looks like everything is back to normal.... I hope!

Go to gwynn_fan92071's ebay items

Hi Guys
    David you don't how lucky you were to get the boxes back. Use to be, in the stone age when the customers still mattered...had an Operation call D&R (Directory & resources.) Speaking for San Diego only...clerks would have to learn every street in the city to qualify and the ones that did pass were dedicated (after passing at least three months of learning.) Their job is, they would get all the pieces of mail that had bad zip codes, wrong postage, etc. and get them to the customers. This was mostly the letters, flats and packages that the carriers (like the one David has now,) would stamp undeliverable as addressed, no such number, etc. And, if they got something they didn't feel like delivering...well, stamp it up.
    Then about ten years ago, a couple things happened. First, (or second old and confused) the USPS offered an early out to any clerk that wanted to retire and offered a bonus to encourage those that did. In my case, I was one of the 20 or so Exprediters that work the dock on all three tours. After the early out was done, only 6 trained Expediters were left. And, do you think that management would keep the old Expediters around to train the new ones...NOOOOOO!!! So, for the last ten years, I have put up with untrained, uncaring individuals that if a piece of Express Mail came up and bit them, they'd go home on sick leave.
    The second brilliant idea was to get rid of the D&R clerks. Since we were now automated with sorting machines, they had the clerks who rotated out of keying every fifthteen minutes, do 15 minutes of loading mail for the other clerks, 15 unloading the worked mail and the final 15 minutes doing D&R. And did they get trained on D&R, of course not, they were given directory books and told to look the address up. Like they cared. Use a computer and look up the address on google.com/maps? No way!
    Then two years ago, management decided that the machine clerks were getting too tired working the D&R, too...will just send everything will send undeliverable mail to the dead letter building...which is in Atlanta GA, for the whole country. Good luck guys.
    As for myself, I work Thursday to Monday on the dock and my usual job on the weekend is to arrive incoming mail drops (the lovely drops where your magazines and standard mail come in.) I also help with scanning incoming and outgoing contract trips that go to county offices and out town by truck. Mostly to the LA area.
    On some Saturdays, especially around the first of the month it can be busy...but the other weekends I would go get the containers of D&R parcels and bring them back to my work area and using said computer, look up addresses, zip codes, etc. But, also using could find city and states, by typing in the street address, type in company names in bing or yahoo, and actually felt like I was contributing.
    Then, I decided to take some of the containers of dead parcels and bring those back. Did you know, that most parcels usually have these bar codes on them call delivery confirmation? And,if you type that into the search engine on USPS.gov, they may not tell you the name the item was going to, but apparently you get the street address, as long as the sender has enter it online. Apparently, carriers at the stations, I've been told, don't have the time to look the information up. Usually, I spend between 30 to 60 seconds per parcel. Then a couple years ago, I was out on the floor looking for the FedEx/UPS parcels that end up the mail for what ever reason and the Manager of Distribution came by and asked what I was doing. Before I could answer, She said if I catch you out here again, I am going to write you up for being AWOL from your operation. So that ended the D&R thing unless I find it on the dock.
    The other brilliant thing your lovely station people do...if they get an Express Piece that is undeliverable...they send it back! Doesn't matter that there is the person's phone number on the label and a minute long phone call usually get the piece there. i know I have delivered 100s that way.
    I am eligible to retire at full retirement pay...but stay on for two reasons. 1) The job is so easy and the heaviest thing I am required to carry is a scanner that weighs about a pound and spend more time standing around then actually having to work. And, 2) If I retire, I will have to start doing physical labor 6 days a week, because "She Who Must Be Obeyed," is a slave driver and I let her buy us a house that's on 1.3 acres and has over 30 fruit trees to take care. I am lucky to spend time on eBay, much less trading and selling here.
    Take care guys...if you make through this far...LMK Bob
    Looking for ...
    1 Panini Prizm Gold Baseball cards #/10
    2. Tony Gwynn autos.
    3. Hunter Renfroe Autos
    4. Fernando Tatis Jr Autos
    5. HOF autos

Trade Sites
    http://www.freewebs.com/gwynn_fan/
    http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k33/gwynn_fan/

No additional problems so far!

I had TWO letters arrive today stamped "DAMAGED IN HANDELING" Both were PWEs and looked horrible on the outside. Luckily none of the cards in either envelope were damaged.

This is the first time I've had a "damaged" envelope in years.
    Rick
    Need Ripkens that I don't have (3,007 different Ripkens) , Joe Mauer, Killebrew, Feller, Twins refractors. I'll also consider better RCs
    2005 Zenith

Museum Inserts: 250/250 100%
    Prime Patches: 77/77 100% (all #'d to 150 or less) Overall collection includes: 29 different laundry tags,5 button holes,& 225 different autographs & auto variations.

Lots of veteran's are retiring and the younger people are taking over.....I have an ebay Alonso card indicating its out for delivery.....and the mail already has been delivered!

Somebody has it or will it appear in morning mailbox?

Got it today!