2020 Topps Series 1 Baseball Hobby Box 02/05/2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Configuration: 24 packs per box + 1 silver pack. 14 cards per pack.

The 2020 season will officially begin with the launch of Topps Baseball Series 1!

Featuring all-new inserts, autographs and relics with additional parallels throughout this iconic release.

1 Autograph or 1 Relic cards per Hobby Box

Exclusive silver packs for Hobby customers with 2020 Topps Baseball Series One Purchase
- 1 pack inserted into every Box

2020 Topps Series 1 Baseball Launches With An Amazing Fan And Collector Experience!
- 25 Special Tickets Will Be Placed Into Packs Of Series 1 2020. Winners Will Be Invited To An Exclusive Experiential Event That Will Be Talked About For Decades!

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

BASE CARDS
350 Base Cards - featuring Veterans, Future Stars, Rookies, Team Cards, League Leaders, and World Series Highlights.
Parallel Cards
- Rainbow Foil Parallel - 1:10 packs
- Gold Foil Parallel - 1:2 packs Hobby Jumbo ONLY
- Gold Parallel - #'d to 2020
- Vintage Stock Parallel - #'d to 99
- Independence Day Parallel - #'d to 76
- Black Parallel - #'d to 69 Hobby/Hobby Jumbo ONLY
- Mother's Day Hot Pink Parallel - #'d to 50.
- Father's Day Blue Parallel - #'d to 50
- Memorial Day Camo Parallel - #'d to 25
- Platinum Parallel - #'d 1-of-1.
- Printing Plates - #'d 1-of-1.
- Clear Variation - #'d to 10 HOBBY ONLY
INSERT CARDS
NEW! Decades' Best
Featuring unique designs celebrating 7 decades between the 1950 & 2010s. Each decade will feature top 10 lists of the Best Teams, Best Hitters, Best Pitchers, and Award Winners.
- Blue Parallel - Limited.
- Black Parallel - #'d to 299.
- Gold Parallel - #'d to 50.
- Red Parallel - #'d to 10.
- Autograph Parallel - #d to 25 or less.
NEW! Topps Choice
The favorite base card designs over the course of 7 decades between the 1950 & 2010s, voted by fans. Cards will feature current and legendary superstars in throwback designs
NEW! Decade's Next
Highlighting each team's brightest young star or rookie, who is destined for greatness.
NEW! Decade of Dominance Die Cuts
Featuring players who dominated a particular era on the die cut shape of a X.
NEW! 1985 Topps Baseball
Topps celebrates the 35th Anniversary of the 1985 Baseball set. Subjects will include rookies, veterans and retired players. Cards will have a special 35th Anniversary logo.

AUTOGRAPH RELIC CARDS
Baseball Stars Autographs Highlighting players from across all eras of pro ball.
Black Parallel - #'d to 199.
Gold Parallel - #'d to 50.
Red Parallel - #'d to 25.
Platinum Parallel - #'d 1-of-1.
Baseball Stars Dual Autographs
Highlighting players from across all eras of pro ball who share a common bond. Limited to 5 or less.

World Series Champion Autograph Cards
Showcasing players on the 2019 World Series Champion team. Sequentially #'d to 50 or less.
Red Parallel - #'d to 25 or less.
PostseasonTM Performance Autograph Cards
Highlighting players who helped their teams make a push during the 2019 MLB Postseason Sequentially #'d to 50 or less.
Red Parallel - #'d to 25 or less.
Cut Signatures #'d 1-of-1.
AUTOGRAPH CARDS
NEW! Legacy of Baseball Autographs
Highlighting players from across all eras of pro ball.
- 150th Anniversary Parallel - #'d to 150.
- Gold Parallel - #'d to 50 or less.
- Red Parallel - #'d to 25 or less.
- Platinum Parallel - #'d 1/1.
NEW! Legacy of Baseball Dual Autographs
Highlighting players from across all eras of pro ball who share a common bond. Limited to 5 or less.
World Series Champion Autograph Cards
Showcasing players on the 2018 World Series Champion team. Sequentially #'d to 50 or less.
Postseason Performance Autograph Cards
Highlighting players who helped their teams make a push during the 2018 MLB Postseason. Sequentially #'d to 50 or less.
Cut Signatures #'d 1/1.
NEW! 1984 Topps Baseball Autograph Cards
Topps celebrates the 35th Anniversary of the 1984 set. Players will include rookies, veterans and retired players.
- 150th Anniversary Parallel - #'d to 150.
- Gold Parallel - #'d to 50 or less.
- Platinum Parallel - #'d 1/1. HOBBY/HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
NEW! 1985 Topps Baseball Autograph Cards
Topps celebrates the 35th Anniversary of the 1985 set. Players will include rookies, veterans and retired players.
Red Parallel - #'d to 25. HOBBY EXCLUSIVE
Platinum Parallel - #'d 1-of-1. HOBBY/HOBBY
JUMBO ONLY

RELIC CARDS
Major LeagueTM Material Cards
Platinum Parallel - #'d 1-of-1. HOBBY/HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
NEW! 1985 Topps Baseball Relics
Platinum Parallel - #'d 1-of-1. HOBBY/HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
World Series Champion Relic Cards
Sequentially #'d to 99.
PostseasonTM Performance Relic Cards
Sequentially #'d to 99.
In The Name Relics
Features nameplate letters from 2019 MLB All-Star Game Workout jerseys. Numbered 1-of-1.

AUTOGRAPH RELIC CARDS
Topps Reverence Autograph Patch Cards
High-end cards exclusive to Topps Baseball flagship brand, featuring on-card autographs and premium relic pieces. Sequentially #'d to 10. HOBBY/ HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
Red Parallel - #'d to 5.
Major LeagueTM Material Autograph Cards
Highlighting impact players from each MLB team, past and present. Sequentially #'d to 50 or less.
World Series Champion Autograph Relic Cards
Showcasing players on the 2019 World Series Champion team. Sequentially #'d to 50 or less.
PostseasonTM Performance Autograph Relic Cards
Highlighting players who helped their teams make a push during the 2019 MLB PostseasonTM. Sequentially #'d to 50 or less.
COMMEMORATIVE RELIC CARDS
NEW! Jumbo Jersey Sleeve Patch Cards
HOBBY/HOBBY JUMBO BOX ONLY.
Black Parallel - #'d to 149.
Red Parallel - #'d to 10.
Autograph Parallel - #d to 10 or less.
NEW! Global Game Medallion Cards
HOBBY/HOBBY JUMBO BOX ONLY.
Black Parallel - #'d to 149.
Red Parallel - #'d to 10.
Autograph Parallel - #d to 10 or less.

ADDITIONAL PROGRAMS
NEW! TOPPS NOW Derek Jeter Retrospective - Featuring cards that follow the first half of Derek Jeter's career and numbered in progression. Inserted 1:18 packs Autograph Parallel - On-Card auto #'d to 3 Autograph Gold Parallel - On-Card auto #'d 1-of-1
Home Run Challenge - Featuring 30 players to select on a given date to hit a home run. Will fall 1 per hobby box, 1 per hobby jumbo box, and 1:10 packs across all retail skus.

Purchase: https://www.blowoutcards.com/2020-topps-series-1-baseball-hobby-box.html

Here is the Cardboard Connection Review. Could be some variations will show up soon.

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2020-topps-series-1-baseball-cards

Last edited:
Thanks for the review! Black parallel number changed from 67 to 69! Best regards, David PS getting two jumbo boxes!

Thanks for the update -- if the price is reasonable, will be going back to picking up 2 jumbos as well. Otherwise, it will be blasters to build my two sets.

But 25 golden Tickets!.......just like the movie about 10 Golden Tickets in a cholcate bar!

I hit one of those Topps Now Golden Tickets a couple years ago - definitely a cool pull. Wouldn't mind doing it again!

Pre-ordered 1 jumbo and 1 hobby. Jumbos were more than I wanted to pay so only got one. The hobby box was cheap, so tried to order 3, but was only able to get 1. May still get a couple blasters and than see what I still need to trade for to build two sets.

I hate to do it, because it will be overkill, but almost wondering if buying a case would make more sense, and just grind away on Ebay with all the inserts.....

I hit one of those Topps Now Golden Tickets a couple years ago - definitely a cool pull. Wouldn't mind doing it again!

Pre-ordered 1 jumbo and 1 hobby. Jumbos were more than I wanted to pay so only got one. The hobby box was cheap, so tried to order 3, but was only able to get 1. May still get a couple blasters and than see what I still need to trade for to build two sets.

I hate to do it, because it will be overkill, but almost wondering if buying a case would make more sense, and just grind away on Ebay with all the inserts.....

That's what a member does at our hobby store........always get the case hit.....

However....he losted money!

That is what I am most afraid of! I only need two sets, and I don't build the insert sets (unless they are something of super interest to me), so would be a ton of wasted cards/$$$ from my perspective. But at some point, have to think it would be a blast to just sit down with my son and destroy a jumbo case!

That is what I am most afraid of! I only need two sets, and I don't build the insert sets (unless they are something of super interest to me), so would be a ton of wasted cards/$$$ from my perspective. But at some point, have to think it would be a blast to just sit down with my son and destroy a jumbo case!
This is not an investment!!! This is a hobby and your going to lose money.....If it investment....get out and play the stock market or gamble!!!

That's what a member does at our hobby store........always get the case hit.....

This is what I've done the last few years. My original plan was to sell off the cards I didnt need it couldnt trade. Seems i never have time to do that though so I am left with a ton of excess cards. It us a blast breaking the case though and the case hits have been impressive. It's a fun time twice a year and uve been able to really hit my waitlists so I cant complain.

I am going to bust a case of jumbos this year so if anyone needs a set or base let mne know. I am also interested in any inserts.